Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why she would include this, talking about someone else as if it's not exactly what she's doing here, is beyond me:

The woman actively made it her mission to destroy my friendships. And she did, because by the time they’d realized she was… an unreliable source… the damage had already been done.
    Just replace "friendships" with "career," since today an accusation like this is all it takes for someone to have any/everything they've worked for to be flushed down the drain.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2018-06-15 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by profilehair01 View Post
    If it's all true then I guess that's one more monster down, and that's great.
    Yeah, but the sad fact is that it no longer matters whether it's true or not. The truth has been made completely irrelevant. That doubt is out there now, that accusation is out there now. The court of public opinion is now in session, and corporations will kneejerk as they always do. Whether Hardwick is innocent or not (not innocent of being a prick, being a prick isn't against the law, but innocent of actually sexually assaulting Chloe), he will lose his job(s), and he'll forever be seen as one of the rapists who were brought down by #metoo. That's regardless of what the actual truth is.

Whether Chloe was honestly, truthfully, factually sexually abused by Hardwick, like she claims, or whether she's just a prissy little millionaire princess of a millionaire father who had a bad relationship and never got over it, or whether the truth is somewhere in between, it no longer makes any difference whatsoever. The button has been pushed, the missiles are in the air and they can't be stopped.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-06-15 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there has been no court case, but just like most of these #MeToo stuff, it is dealt with in the court of public opinion.
    Maybe he will hit her with a defamation and extortion lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    And nowhere in the post did the question "did he even do it?" come up.

Thank God people like you didn't come up with the justice system.
    I hope he didn't do it. But based on how many other people DID do it, you gotta admit, it looks pretty fuckin' grim.

Listen, I do absolutely believe in "innocent before proven guilty", absolutely I do. But come on, man. If Cosby did it... the LAST fuckin' person I'd have expected to do shit like that, then really, at this point, ANYBODY could do it.

I do hope he didn't, and if it turns out he didn't, great. But what are the odds, really, after everything we've seen happen, that he didn't?

And honestly, what motivation does the woman have to lie here? What does she gain? She comes out with this embarrassing story for NO reason? That'd be like me telling everybody about the time I shit my pants (but turns out it was a fake story, never happened, I made it up). Why the fuck would I do that? Make up some shit that makes me look bad, makes me look weak?

EDIT: Note, uh, I'm not trying to compare rape/abuse to soiling oneself, as one is a horrific crime and violation, and the other is honestly a fun anecdote to tell at parties (I've crapped myself a few times in my life and I honestly always end up laughing about it later, it IS pretty funny when you think about it). I was just saying, it's really stupid to make up a fake story about some embarrassing shit, why the fuck would anybody do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think it is best to support the victims
    But, if it is false, isn't he the victim?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Just1c3 View Post
    I hope he didn't do it. But based on how many other people DID do it, you gotta admit, it looks pretty fuckin' grim.

Listen, I do absolutely believe in "innocent before proven guilty", absolutely I do. But come on, man. If Cosby did it... the LAST fuckin' person I'd have expected to do shit like that, then really, at this point, ANYBODY could do it.

I do hope he didn't, and if it turns out he didn't, great. But what are the odds, really, after everything we've seen happen, that he didn't?

And honestly, what motivation does the woman have to lie here? What does she gain? She comes out with this embarrassing story for NO reason? That'd be like me telling everybody about the time I shit my pants (but turns out it was a fake story, never happened, I made it up). Why the fuck would I do that? Make up some shit that makes me look bad, makes me look weak?
    PUBLICITY! How do you think shes gonna get back from being a no body to a somebody? A few minutes in the spotlight will definitely help.
    Also it doesn't matter what you think the guys did, if its not proven it shouldn't be coming out like this.
    People's careers are being ruined by shit that might or might not be true without a proper investigation or court case.

Its a fucking new age social media witch hunt and people are being fucked because of it.

I won't read someone's personal blog. What's the tldr?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, but the sad fact is that it no longer matters whether it's true or not. The truth has been made completely irrelevant. That doubt is out there now, that accusation is out there now. The court of public opinion is now in session, and corporations will kneejerk as they always do. Whether Hardwick is innocent or not (not innocent of being a prick, being a prick isn't against the law, but innocent of actually sexually assaulting Chloe), he will lose his job(s), and he'll forever be seen as one of the rapists who were brought down by #metoo. That's regardless of what the actual truth is.

Whether Chloe was honestly, truthfully, factually sexually abused by Hardwick, like she claims, or whether she's just a prissy little millionaire princess of a millionaire father who had a bad relationship and never got over it, or whether the truth is somewhere in between, it no longer makes any difference whatsoever. The button has been pushed, the missiles are in the air and they can't be stopped.
    And what is the alternative ? That she just shut the fuck up and live with the fact that she was treated as an object and a servant by this man ? To go to court and lose because there is no proof of marital rape ?

IF it is true then of course she did the right thing. I'm sure there are false accusations sometimes, but it's not a reason to dismiss every single accusation like this. What you are saying, wether you realize it or not, is that women who get sexually assaulted by their partners should remain silent about it.

Eh, I'm divided on this one. Breaking her career was objectively bad. So was her stepping out of the relationship because of another man.

But the rest of the story is her willingly indulging an asshole. Sure, he's an asshole in many ways in private. But if you agree to live by the terms of an asshole, then you're not really a victim. He didn't control her with violence. The leash she was on was her own misguided love and desire. At any point she could have said no, or left.

Relationships are a give and take. Every partner has properties and wants you do not like. You tolerate and indulge these, if they don't cross lines that make the relationship unstable. But she accepted all those red flags. Stayed for three years. There's a few serious things in there, that are indeed messed up. But most of this is just a cautionary tale about not making yourself emotionally dependent on someone that does not make you happy, because he's an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Maybe he will hit her with a defamation and extortion lawsuit.
    That's one of the things that bothers me with all the people constantly bitching and moaning about the #MeToo stuff, they're acting like the falsely accused don't have ANY recourse. They fuckin' DO have recourse, it's exactly what you just said. Libel, slander, defamation, all that shit. If Hardwick didn't do any of this shit, and he KNOWS he didn't, then he can absolutely do this and take this woman to the cleaners.

Why the fuck are we acting like these fuckin' rich guys are defenseless victims, helpless against this shit? There's plenty of legal recourse for shit like this, false accusations, stuff like that. Hardwick's RICH, I'm sure between his comedy money, and his wife's William Randolph Hearst inheritance, they can mobilize an army of lawyers before you can blink.

This is a bigger deal for, you know, regular people living paycheck to paycheck, I can't imagine having to try and defend against a false rape allegation in my position. But bitching about the rich people it happens to? Why? If they didn't do it, and they know they didn't, and they can prove they didn't, then they can fuckin' CRUSH the accuser in court.

That's the thing though, IF he is innocent, then why not take it to court? That's always a red flag for me, is these guys come out with their PR statements like "I didn't do this, these allegations are false" but then they don't take it to court. Why? If you didn't do it, then you KNOW you didn't, and it should be an easy win. Not taking it to court just makes it seem like you're guilty and you know you wouldn't be able to win, because you know you did it

Ah, well, by that idiotic logic... <ahem> "OMG, I totally saw Just1c3, whose name is in no way ironic given his stance in this thread, fuck a little 3-year-old boy in the ass!"

There. Since there are many other people who have DONE that, clearly you're guilty, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gael4 View Post
    And what is the alternative ?
    That she takes the evidence she claims to have to a lawyer and/or police station.

"Whaa, my only recourse is Twitter or a blog!" is utter bullshit.

Am I the only person who sees this like some kind of crazy Reverse Gamergate thing? I mean, the similarities between this blog post and the one that started the whole Gamergate fiasco are downright eery. Like, swap the gender roles of the author, and they could almost be the same person....

Deleted
    And what is the alternative
    The alternative is to be really careful about using the term sexual assault. You can't just throw that around because you feel like it. I have no doubt that she was in a really shitty relationship and I'm willing to believe Hardwick is a complete prick and an asshole, but using the term sexual assault is a step that shouldn't be taken very lightly.

According to her, the "sexual assaulting" happened regularly, and she "let him" do it. So...was it sexual assault or was it not sexual assault? Well, at this point, it makes no difference anymore, because now it's out there.

That's one of the things that bothers me with all the people constantly bitching and moaning about the #MeToo stuff, they're acting like the falsely accused don't have ANY recourse. They fuckin' DO have recourse, it's exactly what you just said. Libel, slander, defamation, all that shit. If Hardwick didn't do any of this shit, and he KNOWS he didn't, then he can absolutely do this and take this woman to the cleaners.

Why the fuck are we acting like these fuckin' rich guys are defenseless victims, helpless against this shit? There's plenty of legal recourse for shit like this, false accusations, stuff like that. Hardwick's RICH, I'm sure between his comedy money, and his wife's William Randolph Hearst inheritance, they can mobilize an army of lawyers before you can blink.

This is a bigger deal for, you know, regular people living paycheck to paycheck, I can't imagine having to try and defend against a false rape allegation in my position. But bitching about the rich people it happens to? Why? If they didn't do it, and they know they didn't, and they can prove they didn't, then they can fuckin' CRUSH the accuser in court.
    It isn't so much about the truthfulness of it but more so that a person's life can be destroyed in media. A court decision won't change that.

Ah, well, by that idiotic logic... <ahem> "OMG, I totally saw Just1c3, whose name is in no way ironic given his stance in this thread, fuck a little 3-year-old boy in the ass!"

There. Since there are many other people who have DONE that, clearly you're guilty, too.

That she takes the evidence she claims to have to a lawyer and/or police station.

I strongly dislike you, for a variety of reasons, first and foremost because you should damn well know better that what is legal, is not necessarily what's right, and what's right isn't necessarily what's legal. Are you fucking kidding me with this? You're gonna mock my username, and imply that based on said username, that I should be 100% beholden to the American justice system, and NOTHING else, no matter WHAT happens? Fuck that, dude. The justice system fails people every goddamn day. I've seen it happen, I've had it happen TO me. When my house gets robbed by a couple of meth heads, and the cops show up for two minutes and act like they don't give a shit, I'm supposed to be like "oh, no, trust the system though"? Really?

Of all the dumb shit I've seen in my life, you've really set a new low, dude.

Deleted

If she does happen to have the evidence, then I agree she should just have gone to court. But evidence of marital rape is often impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Not to mention that there was a lot of real emotion and specific details in the article. You'd have to be a real psychopath to make all that shit up for whatever reason.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

eh if she has the evidence file a suite in the court of law vs public forum... in a way he could use that against her saying a jury would no be biased based on social media spreading this (which i'm sure will happen). I REALLY hope he isn't guilty and some of this just douchbagery that happens with celebs of both genders and controlling what their S/O can do / say / go.. to keep up appearances. I've heard stories/blogs of female celebs and cos-players that tell their boyfriends to stay away so they appear single to the masses, to get more money form patreaon, streams etc... The assault part is the issue if she said no to sex and he forced her that's the part that should be focused on imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

More Hollywood progress of asshole men and easy women who get upset when used.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I strongly dislike you, for a variety of reasons, first and foremost because you should damn well know better that what is legal, is not necessarily what's right, and what's right isn't necessarily what's legal. Are you fucking kidding me with this? You're gonna mock my username, and imply that based on said username, that I should be 100% beholden to the American justice system, and NOTHING else, no matter WHAT happens? Fuck that, dude. The justice system fails people every goddamn day. I've seen it happen, I've had it happen TO me. When my house gets robbed by a couple of meth heads, and the cops show up for two minutes and act like they don't give a shit, I'm supposed to be like "oh, no, trust the system though"? Really?

Of all the dumb shit I've seen in my life, you've really set a new low, dude.
    But I accused you. You said that if someone accuses someone of something, and it's something that a lot of people have DONE before (emphasis yours), it's obviously true and accurate. Ergo, you're a pedophile and a hypocrite. That's 100% your mentality, not mine.

If she does happen to have the evidence, then I agree she should just have gone to court.
    And yet she claims she does, and yet she didn't. But it's cool, you keep condemning him without any proof whatsoever. Just be sure that you do it to Justice up above, too. I mean, there was no other recourse for me other than to accuse him of being a pedophile since I had no evidence other than what I claim to have seen, so it must be true.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2018-06-15 at 11:39 AM.