Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Microsoft is literally doing what gamers and the industry wants of them. Getting more first party studios to pump out first party exclusives for the platform. This is what they need and so they are doing it. And people are still shitting on them for it. People are hating on MS just to hate on them at this point. It’s a fucking broken record.

Here’s to hoping we get some decent first party titles in development so they can be released by the next Xbox console launch.
    it goes back to the whole apple vs MS thing, the apple fans are constantly trying to bring other companies down to apple's expensive level

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Kay then, I'll pick GTAV which has received just as many content patches if not more and is still well below 100 GB.

Horizon Zero Dawn is still sub 50 GB even with an expansion pack tossed on. Witcher 3 is sub 60 GB with both expansions. Want more?

Have a g'day mate
    most of gta v's shit is the tune one a care of a plane or a new gun using material already in the game. And who the fuck knows with witcher 3. I havnt unpacked the games files to compare it to other large games have you?

Life sucks if your internet sucks thats a universal fact, its a minority that most companies are not working around or catering to. Nintendo isnt doing small games cus of people with shit internet they are doing it cus thier hardware its years behind everyone elses along with storage size. Fuck i used to raid with aussies who if a wow patch came out late in the month and was to big they couldnt raid the rest of the month due to being capped out, guess blizzard was intentially fucking them eh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hardware size? I dont know what that means.
    Go look at the memory in the carts for nintendo games, and onboard memory for the switch them come back please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    most of gta v's shit is the tune one a care of a plane or a new gun using material already in the game. And who the fuck knows with witcher 3. I havnt unpacked the games files to compare it to other large games have you?

Life sucks if your internet sucks thats a universal fact, its a minority that most companies are not working around or catering to. Nintendo isnt doing small games cus of people with shit internet they are doing it cus thier hardware its years behind everyone elses along with storage size. Fuck i used to raid with aussies who if a wow patch came out late in the month and was to big they couldnt raid the rest of the month due to being capped out, guess blizzard was intentially fucking them eh.
    I'm literally not arguing any of this with you, only pointing out the facts MS is the only publisher regularly putting out games reaching or exceeding 100 GB. That is in fact ridiculous, unnecessary and out of hand. Not only for download speeds or data caps, but even simply just for being wasteful space taken up on a drive.

Yet they have the same file sizes.
    Umm no there not, Not even close.

Give me one Sony exclusive that is 100GB.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm literally not arguing any of this with you, only pointing out the facts MS is the only publisher regularly putting out games reaching or exceeding 100 GB. That is in fact ridiculous, unnecessary and out of hand. Not only for download speeds or data caps, but even simply just for be wasteful space taken up on a drive.
    I do not agree with that what so ever. 4tb external hdd and i have all of those 100gb+ games installed on there without issues. Im on adsl and its not an issue in the slightest. 100gb is a drop in the bucket these days in terms of harddrive space. its less than two 4k movie files ffs. This isnt 2008 where 100gb game would blow peoples minds. This is the days of 256gb phones, 8tb hdds and more. Ill gladly give up more space for better textures, quality sound or just in general more shit to do or watch.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Go look at the memory in the carts for nintendo games, and onboard memory for the switch them come back please.
    1-64 gigs for carts. 32 plus expandable for internal. So why cant mircosoft ask them to compress theie games though? Besides then just not wanting to or maybe their programers arent good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    1-64 gigs for carts. 32 plus expandable for internal. So why cant mircosoft ask them to compress theie games though? Besides then just not wanting to or maybe their programers arent good enough.
    Or they dont need to compress them. But yes im sure its becuase thier programmers arnt good enough to compress files. With logic like that why arnt you running a studio of your own.

an avatar iv had since you were in middle school.
    It seems to me that's where you're still at.

I do not agree with that what so ever. 4tb external hdd and i have all of those 100gb+ games installed on there without issues. Im on adsl and its not an issue in the slightest. 100gb is a drop in the bucket these days in terms of harddrive space. its less than two 4k movie files ffs. This isnt 2008 where 100gb game would blow peoples minds. This is the days of 256gb phones, 8tb hdds and more. Ill gladly give up more space for better textures, quality sound or just in general more shit to do or watch.
    1/40th of a 4 TB drive being taken up by a single game because it as aids levels compression is far from a drop in the bucket.

When I can fit more then 80 GoWs, more then 70 WoWs and more then 70 Witcher 3s on a 4 TB the fact MS regularly has published games taking up way more space is in fact bad and shows a lack of effort in that regard.

But please feel free to educate me on why all these games have some secret sauce taking up so much space that can't be fixed
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-16 at 06:10 AM.

1/40th of a 4 TB drive being taken up by a single game because it as aids levels compression is far from a drop in the bucket.
    when youv filled that up come back and cry here.

when youv filled that up come back and cry here.
    If every game(only counting current gen) I owned was 100 GB I would have about 5 of them filled up.

Yes, that is literal AIDS levels of wasted space.

If every game(only counting current gen) I owned was 100 GB I would have about 5 of them filled up.

Yes, that is literal AIDS levels of wasted space.
    Yet every game isnt, and only a few are, about 4 that i know of. But please keep exagerating.

Yet every game isnt, and only a few are
    And they all seem to come from the same publisher hmm....

When I can fit more then 80 GoWs, more then 70 WoWs and more then 70 Witcher 3s on a 4 TB the fact MS regularly has published games taking up way more space is in fact bad and shows a lack of effort in that regard.

But please feel free to educate me on why all these games have some secret sauce taking up so much space that can't be fixed
    On top of that they allow SoD2 to release in a shit state and the game just received a patch (20GB) that was nearly as big as the original install.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    On top of that they allow SoD2 to release in a shit state and the game just received a patch (20GB) that was nearly as big as the original install.
    "Our code is so broken we replaced EVERYTHING!"

"Our code is so broken we replaced EVERYTHING!"
    Can't wait to see the Crackdown 3 install size....

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can't wait to see the Crackdown 3 install size....
    38.7 GB disc install with a 55 GB day 1 patch.

And they all seem to come from the same publisher hmm....
    Cry us a river. It might expand your bandwidth. But please post a detailed explanation of exactly what files you would compress in say gears 4 and how you would do it and what size it would end up being. Since you seem to be an expert on how badly its compressed.

Cry us a river. It might expand your bandwidth. But please post a detailed explanation of exactly what files you would compress in say gears 4 and how you would do it and what size it would end up being. Since you seem to be an expert on how badly its compressed.
    I like how you are mad about facts being pointed out and try to start arguments I'm not even having with you.

It is factually true MS has problems with both install and patch sizes that other publishers do not. It's a trend, and an alarming one. It's not a big deal now, but can easily turn into one if trends continues at current pace.

Cry us a river. It might expand your bandwidth.
    Look even MS knows there install/download size is shit, Why do you think they are setting it up where you download bits at a time.

Your trying to defend shit even they admit to....fucken LUL.