Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So you have a dying and suffering dog on the road and most posters on MMO-C are at this point worrying about insurance...

What a sad bunch of people you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Keep better control of your pets. They shouldn't be out on the street to get hit by a car in the first place. It was your uncle's irresponsible ownership that got the dog killed. No one to blame but him.
    This .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It depends if I know the owner and where it was hit. If it's on a busy highway where it's dangerous to pull over and get in the street, no I will not pull over. If it's in a neighborhood and I know the owner, then yes I will stop. It just depends on the situation. But this is definitely the owner's fault and the driver is not to blame. Shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    There's honestly not many valid reasons for leaving an animal you ran over to suffer. The only thing I would say is valid is if you're rushing to the hospital, but how common is that? If you're gonna be late somewhere, it sucks, but noone is gonna be an arse about it.
    I don't wanna get punched in the jaw by some redneck who doesn't know how to look after his animals is the first reason that comes to mind.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You can be sure if this were to happen to me I would be damned sure to track down the owner if nothing else to get Insurance information for the damage to my vehicle. In most states dog's owner will be found at-fault for the wreck and their insurance will be responsible for paying for your damages and injury.
    The WRECK? The fuck are you thinking you are going to hit? A Saint Bernard or Great Dane? At most you might have a small dent in your fender, I think you could shrug that off as a minor loss for a parent trying to explain why Fido isnt coming home again..... That being said, I will certainly try everything I can to avoid hitting an animal (of any kind) with my vehicle, but Im not about to play Sherlock Holmes for someone elses negligence with their pets either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't wanna get punched in the jaw by some redneck who doesn't know how to look after his animals is the first reason that comes to mind.
    I suppose that all depends on where you live I guess, I wouldn't consider that to be a valid reason but I don't live in an area where looking at someone the wrong way gets your teeth knocked out.

Deleted
    Yeah, I always hated people who don't stop too, until it happened to us. My husband was driving, quiet country road and a cat ran out onto the road. We couldn't avoid hitting it and we were just so shocked, we couldn't bring ourselves to stop. I could not have faced a dead (or worse; dying!) cat at all. I still feel guilty, but now I know not to judge people by their reaction to something shocking, as you have no idea what you would do if it happened to you. Believe me, I have 6 cats and 1 dog and while living at home we lost 3 cats to traffic (and were extremely grateful for the one person that did tell us), I even have a bachelors degree in Animal Management (and know animal first aid) and I always ALWAYS thought I'd stop, and then we didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on some of these comments, was it a dog or a human child?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    ...people who hit animals with their car and don't even stop to try and let the owners know about it. My fiance's uncle's dog got out a couple hours ago without us knowing it. Some asshole hit him with their car and just took off. They left him in the middle of the road grasping for life. When we found him, he was still alive but didn't make it on the way to the vet. These people disgust me and I hope they rot in Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

And this happened 3 houses down from where we live too which is how we know the person didn't make any attempt to find the owners.
    IMO it's the owners fault principally , while I agree and totally hate people who hit animals with cars their pet would be alive and well if they had better care .
    I had a friend who let his dog out alone and roam the city , he always came back until one day he got hit , all because he was too lazy to walk him , fuck that dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    If I had to choose between saving my dog and saving you, I would choose my dog. I just don't care about you. You are not important to me.
    Good for you, and I don't give a shit about your feelings.

I suppose that all depends on where you live I guess, I wouldn't consider that to be a valid reason but I don't live in an area where looking at someone the wrong way gets your teeth knocked out.
    Looking at someone the wrong way is the same as knocking on someones door to tell them you just ran over their dog in which universe precisely?

...people who hit animals with their car and don't even stop to try and let the owners know about it. My fiance's uncle's dog got out a couple hours ago without us knowing it. Some asshole hit him with their car and just took off. They left him in the middle of the road grasping for life. When we found him, he was still alive but didn't make it on the way to the vet. These people disgust me and I hope they rot in Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

And this happened 3 houses down from where we live too which is how we know the person didn't make any attempt to find the owners.
    I am sorry to hear about this.

The opposite side of this thread, the only thing I love more than dogs is my car. If someone's dog is running around a neighborhood and I hit it and it causes damage, I'll be finding the owner for their information/insurance.

I hit a fox once, the little 10lbs peice of shit caused $1000 in damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Looking at someone the wrong way is the same as knocking on someones door to tell them you just ran over their dog in which universe precisely?
    Ours clearly, a lot of areas just want any old excuse to knock someone out lmao. Least they would feel justified if their dog got ran over :P

Ours clearly, a lot of areas just want any old excuse to knock someone out lmao. Least they would feel justified if their dog got ran over :P
    I feel I'm losing track of this conversation, probably my bad I just woke up.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Actually in a most cases in swerving to try and not hit the animal can be far more dangerous to you and other road users.. Because if you swerve and lose control of the vehicle you could end up colliding with another vehicle, and making the situation even worse..
    The road around me was pretty open, and there was a large gap of grass between my side of the highway and the other side. I just didn't want to stop because I knew it wouldn't take long for cars to catch up to me.

His uncle is already blaming himself for his dog getting out. The fact that the asshole who hit the dog didn't even stop or let anyone know they hit him is the point of the anger right now. If you hit an animal you stop and let someone know or at least move the animal out of the middle of the fucking road. They literally left him in the middle of the street where they had hit him and drove off.
    How would they know whose dog it was? What if they were driving to the hospital for a heartattack in the passenger seat? When you hit a car in the street, that dog could be a stray (there are lots of them), or could be from an entirely different part of town. Unfortunately, whoever brings the dog to a vet is the one who will get billed. Did the dog have a tag on it with address/phone number? How do you know they didn't stop and make an attempt to find the owner? It was 3 houses down you say? You make a lot of assumptions, with very little fact to back it up. If you knew what they did, you would have known right away the dog was out and got hit anyways.

It's a sad day when an animal gets hit, loses it's life, especially a family pet. I feel for you, just learn from it.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2018-06-18 at 02:30 PM.

Were you literally just waiting for me to edit it to make that comment?
    No, you were trying to obfuscate it, which I noticed when I went to quote you in the last post. It's not my fault you try to scrub your ignorant, foolish, and morally bankrupt comments.

Yet another attempt to deflect all the negative comments you've made in this thread.
    Says the insane person calling people "cunts" and trying to deflect by whining about being quoted, rather than the topic at hand.

Got anything else to say?
    Yep. Plenty. You know, like you being a monster for telling people you want to murder their pets because they point out that it's the owner's responsibility to keep control of their pets, and not the driver of a car that accidentally hits them when they lose control of their animal and put its life in peril by doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    No, you were trying to obfuscate it, which I noticed when I went to quote you in the last post. It's not my fault you try to scrub your ignorant, foolish, and morally bankrupt comments.

Says the insane person calling people "cunts" and trying to deflect by whining about being quoted, rather than the topic at hand.

Yep. Plenty. You know, like you being a monster for telling people you want to murder their pets because they point out that it's the owner's responsibility to keep control of their pets, and not the driver of a car that accidentally hits them when they lose control of their animal and put its life in peril by doing so.
    If thats what makes you feel better, go ahead and claim others to be insane whilst you believe you are a good person. Not once did I say that the driver would be 100% at fault but if you feel as though injuring an animal or even killing one, even if it is an accident is not your responsibility, I don't know what else to tell you.

You go on about talking about the topic yet keep coming back to the comment I made rather than discuss your beliefs of what you would do in a situation like this and how I feel it is very selfish and wrong of you to do so. You have nothing else to say when I call you out so how about you stop contradicting yourself.

Don't get offended by people swearing at you, especially on a forum, someone with almost 2000 posts should be used to that, especially with the shite you come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    So you have a dying and suffering dog on the road and most posters on MMO-C are at this point worrying about insurance...

What a sad bunch of people you are.
    Does anyone care when it is a skunk, woodchuck, or opossum?