Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    I don't care bro. I'll be fine.

Worst case scenario, I'd rather work till I drop dead than allow low IQ low skill migrants who hate the country in. Only a fool would think those kind of immigrants are actually a positive gain for society. (Keep in mind I say this as a landlord, someone who would theoretically gain from more immigration cause all you suckers would paying more for rent if there are more people but not enough houses. Mass immigration is so damaging that I'd rather earn less.)
    a) Nothing to do with aging populations.
    b) You will be affected, everyone is.
    c) Wow that's some crazy racist shit you believe.
    d) I guess you'll drop dead then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    a) Nothing to do with aging populations.
    b) You will be affected, everyone is.
    c) Wow that's some crazy racist shit you believe.
    d) I guess you'll drop dead then.
    What do you find "racist" about my post?

What "race" have I attacked?

Russia needs to be cleansed of the deep culture of corruption. Putin must go, the oligarchs must go and the dreams of an empire must go. That time is gone and it's not coming back. Russia, the great industrial power, victor of WW2, pioneer in spacecraft and rich in natural resources should now be producing cars like Germany and flying rockets like SpaceEx. Instead a corrupt little man who cannot let go of the past has crushed the hopes and dreams of a once proud and idealistic people and turned a great starting hand into a depressing outcast state known mostly for its criminality. The countries' life expectancy shows his policies are literally sending Russians to an early grave. Maybe its time the bear found its balls and kicked that little shit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Russia needs to be cleansed of the deep culture of corruption. Putin must go, the oligarchs must go and the dreams of an empire must go. That time is gone and it's not coming back. Russia, the great industrial power, victor of WW2, pioneer in spacecraft and rich in natural resources should now be producing cars like Germany and flying rockets like SpaceEx.
    But we do? :/

Instead a corrupt little man who cannot let go of the past has crushed the hopes and dreams of a once proud and idealistic people and turned a great starting hand into a depressing outcast state known mostly for its criminality. The countries' life expectancy shows his policies are literally sending Russians to an early grave. Maybe its time the bear found its balls and kicked that little shit out.
    There is not "instead" here; those things can happen, and do happen simultaneously.

Just look at US for perspective.

Also, have you actually looked at life expectancy graph?

10+ Year Old Account
    Long live our Russian Motherland, because her sons will not live long.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Canada is going into a similar state, not as extreme but most Canadians who are 20-40 are likely going to have to work until they die with no retirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia needs to be cleansed of the deep culture of corruption. Putin must go, the oligarchs must go and the dreams of an empire must go. That time is gone and it's not coming back. Russia, the great industrial power, victor of WW2, pioneer in spacecraft and rich in natural resources should now be producing cars like Germany and flying rockets like SpaceEx. Instead a corrupt little man who cannot let go of the past has crushed the hopes and dreams of a once proud and idealistic people and turned a great starting hand into a depressing outcast state known mostly for its criminality. The countries' life expectancy shows his policies are literally sending Russians to an early grave. Maybe its time the bear found its balls and kicked that little shit out.
    I tell you what we need, we need a smaller government. Not full-on minarchism, granted, such a large and rich territory cannot be government efficiently without a strong central power, but if only we downsized our bloated Soviet-era bureaucracy...

What do you find "racist" about my post?

What "race" have I attacked?
    I'm sorry, which term would you prefer for your particular flavour of bigotry? I wouldn't want to misgender you lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare is young enough that it should be repealed without issue. Sad that people start to see privileges as rights. The only true rights you have are natural rights, also known as negative rights.

Social security is harder to repeal because people paid into the system for decades. Any repeal would have to include compensating them in some way which could be just as costly as the social security itself for many years otherwise it's outright fraud.
    It is incorrect to bring up Western social welfare such as Obamacare here. You guys either have little welfare but low taxes, or high taxes but good welfare. We have Scandinavian-level taxation, but very little is given in return: our government simply robs us and wastes public money on expensive military operations abroad, 1984-style.

I personally would be fine either with a libertarian Russia or a social democrat Russia. Both scenarios would be preferrable to the current situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    I am in Moscow, it is impossible to survive here on pension even if you just eat bread and water every day. In other cities prices are cheaper, yes, but you still have to pay at least 5k rubles+ for apartment (if you have literally 1 cheap room, if more, then you pay even bigger sum) + for water/gas + bus/metro fee is 50 rubles per 1 go, so 100 rubles to go somewhere and back(if you go out somewhere 10 times in a month you already spent 1/10 of pension). Also considering old people cannot get any job, unless maybe old woman in some small convenience store, it is incredibly hard for old people to survive. I constantly see old grannies beg for money in convi or supermarkets and they are not even homeless. War veterans(nowadays there are not many) are treated like trash by government, they live in dirt poor conditions, meanwhile they glorify war and victory day every year. TLDR; no, that is not enough to live whole month without need, unless you literally eat nothing but porridge and water and never go outside of your 1 room apartment.
    Then stop being perceived by most of the world, as a bad guy country. Abandon your decades-old stubborness of being anti-american and anti-west, and make friends with the west. Your current attitude is only harming your own people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care bro. I'll be fine.

Worst case scenario, I'd rather work till I drop dead than allow low IQ low skill migrants who hate the country in. Only a fool would think those kind of immigrants are actually a positive gain for society. (Keep in mind I say this as a landlord, someone who would theoretically gain from more immigration cause all you suckers would paying more for rent if there are more people but not enough houses. Mass immigration is so damaging that I'd rather earn less.)

If you honestly think third world immigrants (some who hate western culture to boot) are going to pay your retirement, well, I have a million dollar poop to sell you. Wanna buy?

- - - Updated - - -

At that point why even call it social security, just call it what it is, a tax on the young to pay for the old. Or just call it legalized robbery.
    Look at how Japan and South Korea fare without immigrants. Life quality is dropping as the people are worked to death, and they face a demographic crisis. Immigration may cause problems, but it is also very beneficial economically. As for the IQ, it can always be raised...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Look at how Japan and South Korea fare without immigrants. Life quality is dropping as the people are worked to death, and they face a demographic crisis. Immigration may cause problems, but it is also very beneficial economically. As for the IQ, it can always be raised...
    Worth noting that one of the reasons the quality of life in Japan is dropping is because the flow of Chinese immigrants has trickled off as QOL there has improved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Then stop being perceived by most of the world, as a bad guy country. Abandon your decades-old stubborness of being anti-american and anti-west, and make friends with the west. Your current attitude is only harming your own people.
    You know that's not Vladimir Putin you're talking to yeah? :P

Also he was only elected in 2000 so it's not really decades-old for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    But we do? :/

There is not "instead" here; those things can happen, and do happen simultaneously.

Just look at US for perspective.

Also, have you actually looked at life expectancy graph?
    Are you serious? Russia is producing less than 1/4th the amount of motor vehicles that Germany is, while having a 60% larger population. And I don't remember seeing you guys land any re-useable rockets simultaneously either.

The funny thing is, I actually wanted you specifically to reply when I wrote that post and knew you would, because you are a living example of what's wrong in Russia. Here is a (fairly) smart guy that is not without a sense of idealism, confined by a prison of the mind that causes him to turn to cynicism and defeatism. Incapable of daring to wish for a brighter future he uses his talents not for the betterment of the country, but to shill for its corrupt exploiter.

I'll never fault you for standing up for your country when people speak ill of it, but you should turn that same sense of pride on those corrupt scumbags at the top who rob their countrymen blind every single day.

- - - Updated - - -

I tell you what we need, we need a smaller government. Not full-on minarchism, granted, such a large and rich territory cannot be government efficiently without a strong central power, but if only we downsized our bloated Soviet-era bureaucracy...
    You have a pretty small government already, from what I read it's roughly 169 cm. But I wouldn't fault you for taking a little off the top.

The bureaucracy is a result of corruption and "government favors", but privatization will be no different really, just a different branch of the oligarch empire.

Are you serious? Russia is producing less than 1/4th the amount of motor vehicles that Germany is, while having a 60% larger population. And I don't remember seeing you guys land any re-useable rockets simultaneously either.
    Russian best year was around 40% of German output quite recently.

If you look at top of car production list, there are two options to get to the top - giant exports (Germany and US is there) or giant local market (China and India are there; as also does US). Russia had growing car industry until oil price drop cut domestic demand; most export markets are already filled by German, US, Japanese, and Chinese cars, and undercutting on price only isn't viable strategy for export growth (not to mention various tarrifs on cars like the ones Trump is currently fighting out with EU).

When Russia tried to buy Opel for tech transfer in 2009 - for 100 billion $ and saving German jobs for Merkel - deal was blocked by Obama; so all we really have is internal market, and that one will grow when economic situation will improve and no sooner.

As for re-usable rockets, there were proposals for that like Baikal; they just aren't seen as priority.

Cost savings are nice if you have a vision that requires frequent and cheap launches; and Russia, unlike Musk, doesn't have anything like that.

We might end up to be the only ones with high-power nuclear orbital tugs closer to 2030-2040s though.

The funny thing is, I actually wanted you specifically to reply when I wrote that post and knew you would, because you are a living example of what's wrong in Russia. Here is a (fairly) smart guy that is not without a sense of idealism, confined by a prison of the mind that causes him to turn to cynicism and defeatism. Incapable of daring to wish for a brighter future he uses his talents not for the betterment of the country, but to shill for its corrupt exploiter.
    And those Middle Eastern/Ukrainian wars are actually about shaping them into countries that will take Russian industrial output. Creating demand for Russian products outside of walled EU and China.

If we're stuck with Imperialism you got to admit when it is imperialism done right for the goals of imperialism, not just be blinded by hatred to it.

Then you can see internal logic in those actions beyond "corrupt politicians doing corrupt things", however abhorrent you might consider their outcomes.

I'll never fault you for standing up for your country when people speak ill of it, but you should turn that same sense of pride on those corrupt scumbags at the top who rob their countrymen blind every single day.
    They are improvement to what came before them; and those that will replace them will likely be an improvement as well.

I don't think fairy wizards are going to come out of woodwork and fix everything; and i don't think that "removing all corrupt politicians" is necessarily first step to improvement before you have all infrastructure ready to shoulder their fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    I beg your pardon? Do I look like a representative of Putin or a president? I completely oppose the regime and have much more friends around the world than you think, but I am just a simple citizen, do not accuse normal people of what the government is doing, we never chose our president and people who oppose them publically are either in jail or dead.

Deleted
    Beneficial for who? Just some of the big companies who can lower wages and the landlords... maybe. As a landlord though, I don't see that much benefit from mass immigration. Why would I want a savage third worlder with a crazy ideology that won't pay rent and break my things and is going to be hard to evict? The landlords that think mass immigration benefits them are dumb. They don't see the full picture.

Quality > quantity.

Yes, I think they fare very fine.

No trucks of peace ramming in to people.
    No grooming gangs raping 1500 kids in multiple places in the country.
    No mass sexual assaults on Japanese women.
    No random massacres.
    Very few terrorist attacks, in fact the last major terrorist incident was decades ago and the problem has since been solved.
    No no-go zones.
    No class of people calling for the subjugation of Japan under a theocracy.
    Very low crime society.
    The few immigrants that exist in Japan know their place so they're productive and don't try to subvert Japanese culture from within. They know that if they don't like it, they will just be kicked out. They know they're guests, so they act like it.
    No refugees, so the government doesn't need to waste money for the welfare of people who never paid any taxes.

Are they "worked to death"? Sure, but that's Japanese culture, nothing new. They were always more hard working than usual. Robots will fix it soon.

I also happen to think they work too much, but it's up to them if they want to take it slower.

Furthermore, even if Japan has a work shortage they can simply issue temporary work visas like the UAE does. They don't need to welcome everyone and make them citizens. Why are you opposed to them preserving their culture?
    Last edited by mmoc8a3727531d; 2018-06-18 at 06:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's incredible how much money is saved just by changing eligibility by 1 year.

I've got it "incel" == "involuntary celibate".

Russian retirement == "inveg" == "involuntary vegan". lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Energy Mitten View Post
    On the bright side Russia might not have a problem with social security

Man what a shithole of a country
    I am sure this will help their suicide and alcoholism rates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It's incredible how much money is saved just by changing eligibility by 1 year.
    I'm amazed people don't see how fraudulent that is.

If anyone in the private sector did this, say sell you a house and bump the date you can effectively move in from say 2019 to 2020 but still take your money, they'd be in prison for fraud.