Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    The rage in this forum is delicious.

But I mean, honestly, it didn't matter what Blizzard put out the classic crowd was gonna be upset...it's in their nature.
    It's in my naycha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Your red line doesn't drop much. You give current year gamers a lot more credit than I ever will. Instant gratification is not a reward in Classic.
    What so you expect from the delusional few? Hard to see or think straight when your rose tinted goggles are strapped on so tight oxygen can't get to your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that these are mutually exclusive things rather than separate servers running side by side.

They don't have to stagger content, and I would be a bit more surprised if they did. (AQ War Effort is probably the closest thing, but it was staggered on servers that launched during TBC... so no change really)

And it would be a HUGE mistake to retune the world, dungeons, and raids to fit some arbitrary feeling of what vanilla was like. It would be far too much effort for far too little benefit and a high chance of messing something up and accidentally breaking an encounter like C'thun was when AQ first launched. Which would just piss everyone off.
    You are high if you think they won't stagger raids. They aren't going to go through all this effort and time to have all the raids beaten in 2 months. They will make it last. They will gate raids. You can take that to the bank.

Im sure blizzard can handle retuning bosses and mobs. You change numbers in a spread sheet til you get it right. You are acting like its amazingly tough to do lol.

I bet they do it. The 1.12 we get WONT be the trash that is on private servers.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2018-06-18 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played for the entirety of Vanilla and then years upon years of private servers, 1.12 as a base client is fine.
    Also, if we somehow made them enforce a sort of patch cycle system, expect it to be a good 2+ more years before we even get close to a finished product, for a few reasons.
    Mainly being that it's not their top priority, literally every other game they have has a higher priority right now.
    Secondly, trying to update a patch from 2005 on a system that has had quite literally 12 years of optimization and reworking is a LOT OF FUCKING WORK.

It's a good decision.
    Also to people complaining that the raids will go faster than they did back in the day, that was always going to happen.
    As players we've been trained to handle mechanics much more complicated than what we dealt with back in the day, and these raids have been run a million times, instead of going in fresh we'll be going in veterans.
    Yes if they rebalance then it'll last longer, but then those would be changes and thus not vanilla anymore.

I do think they should time gate the entrances to the various raids, just to give people breathing room, but no rebalancing.

So basically, they made the database properly relational when it was a spreadsheet before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's in my naycha.

I was thinking more MOP intro cinematic...but that's also a solid option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    It's a good decision.
    Also to people complaining that the raids will go faster than they did back in the day, that was always going to happen.
    As players we've been trained to handle mechanics much more complicated than what we dealt with back in the day, and these raids have been run a million times, instead of going in fresh we'll be going in veterans.
    Yes if they rebalance then it'll last longer, but then those would be changes and thus not vanilla anymore.

I do think they should time gate the entrances to the various raids, just to give people breathing room, but no rebalancing.
    NO CHANGES ON CLASSIC

Honestly, classic was always going to be more hyped than it was enjoyed. People love to act as if the feeling of classic can be recaptured, but it just can't. You're not the same player you were. You're not going to spend ridiculous times OOM dead in a cave exploring again. You're not gonna take a months to gain 10 levels. It's dead...and it's never coming back.

I do hope that the new models are available for those that want to use them. It wouldn't affect the experience of anyone that wants to see the original graphics. I just think they've done a lot of great work on updating models (especially in BfA), and would prefer to see those since I don't care for graphical nostalgia.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I do hope that the new models are available for those that want to use them. It wouldn't affect the experience of anyone that wants to see the original graphics. I just think they've done a lot of great work on updating models (especially in BfA), and would prefer to see those since I don't care for graphical nostalgia.
    I'm for new models too. Unfortunately there's a group of people who want the Vanilla animations and don't mind if the new models are there just as long as the Vanilla animations are there...

Except we know this isn't possible with the current setup for the game. Since the new models we have in current WoW also all have new animations now, and those old ones are forever gone, even if people tick the old look box, they still use the new animations.

So I hazard with thinking how they're going to go about it: New models without old animations? Or give new models for old animations?

These little details are the types of stuff that's going to continue the ambivalence within the Classic community, I just am interested in seeing how things play out.

Like for many months people were discussing which patch would they start on and if they will do progressive release etc, and we finally know the patch base.

Regardless I'm just excited to be able to play Classic, however they end up implementing it. Because I mainly want to be able to experience the old quests and dungeons and raids under the game systems they had back then, I started at the end of Wrath so only got a glimpse of the old world before Cata changed it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that if they decide, for some godforsaken reason, that they're going to use the new models then I am not touching it.
    I've been an undead player since the beginning, and they absolutely destroyed the new models for that. It looks horrendous.

I genuinely spent close to $200 racechanging ALL of my undead characters because I could not stand to look at them with the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's a massive undertaking that's for sure. Depending on how quickly they were able to get started and how complicated and time consuming the rest of the stuff is I guess we could get a beta around christmas, it's not outside the realm of possibility. Before august 2019 I most definitely would expect a beta though.
    If the way they were storing data in their database is anything to go off of, I'm betting everything else is likely to be just as complicated. I'd be amazed if the rest of the code and systems aren't equally as outdated and in dire need of some major overhauls to get it up to speed with modern standards and security needs.

I'm guessing they'll make some announcements/have some things to show at Blizzcon, still not sure if they'll have a beta date yet to announce. I think it's more likely they'll have one of those "betas later this year/start of next year" or "beta spring/summer 2019" so they have a large window instead of a firm date. They've said that this is something that will take a lot of time and I don't see them rushing this at all, as it's not an immediately pressing need to be released unlike content for current WoW, so I'm betting they'll be very conservative with dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    You are high if you think they won't stagger raids. They aren't going to go through all this effort and time to have all the raids beaten in 2 months. They will make it last. They will gate raids. You can take that to the bank.

Im sure blizzard can handle retuning bosses and mobs. You change numbers in a spread sheet til you get it right. You are acting like its amazingly tough to do lol.

I bet they do it. The 1.12 we get WONT be the trash that is on private servers.
    I'm pretty sure they don't give a rat's tail about how fast or slow content in Classic is cleared. They are going through all this time and effort to produce Classic WoW for fans that no longer play Live WoW for various reasons and fans that weren't around in-game (or in life) back then and want to experience Vanilla. I ain't inclined to think they'll spend the additional effort to gate content unless there is an extreme, near impossible, level of bitching.

And no, I'm pretty sure the idea of tuning npcs to fit some arbitrary feeling of how difficult Vanilla was is a lot more delicate than people would likely realize. There ain't a real consensus and changing numbers in a spreadsheet will likely take multiple tries, especially post-launch, to get right and could run the risk of overtuning bosses in an attempt to make it "difficult enough". It's far easier to just leave that stuff alone rather than be forced to release balance patches for a game that shouldn't need balance patches since everything was more or less balanced over a decade ago. People would be pretty pissed in general.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they don't give a rat's tail about how fast or slow content in Classic is cleared.
    lol, you are completely detached from reality bro

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Why can't it be satisfying?

Do you REALLY want to experience every patch just like it was?

- Hunters and pallies with no talents to start.
    - Falling through the world in scarlet monestary and relogging to find your body in the badlands
    - Horde AND Alliance zoned into the same MC raid (was pretty cool but was bad lol)

I could go on and on with the bugs and horrible class balance, but you get the point.

Why can't they use 1.12 and retune / balance mobs , dungeons, and raids? There is absolutely no reason to do a patch cycle and have classes gimped out of their much needed changes just for the "kek my classic experrrience durr!".

- - - Updated - - -

Stahp bro. Vanilla WoW wasn't rocket science. It never was. Private server kids like yourself haven't figured out how to travel at light speed or time travel. Give it a rest bro lol.

Please, enlighten us, what huge enormous breakthrough have pserver kids figured out on buggy , wonky, less than optimized, wrong value having, horribly scripted private servers?
    Optimal leveling, bis gear, general player improvement. A level 40 head piece is bis for feral druids. Also private servers are fairly stable and have very accurate numbers... not sure what you're so upset about lol...

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Optimal leveling, bis gear, general player improvement. A level 40 head piece is bis for feral druids. Also private servers are fairly stable and have very accurate numbers... not sure what you're so upset about lol...
    They have numerous bugs and often times corrupt staff that either help their friends or sell gold. Plus are prone to lag and disappearing at the drop of a hat.

I like how people are assuming "1.12" means "every single raid open at release"

You seriously believe blizz is going to do that? Just have the entire game open at launch, so that the playerbase can burn through it in 2-3 months and then quit? Ignoring the massive events like AQ gate opening and pre-naxx events?

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Not sheriff srs bro.

Optimal leveling? Zygore's leveling addon. Done.

BiS Gear? This was known back then. Its not like some new and improved items came out for vanilla while the rest of the non-pserver pop played other games. You are acting like the people who play on pservers are the only people who played vanilla. I played from beta onward all the way to wrath before I took a break. Pservers are trash. Poorly optimized, poorly scripted. I rolled on kronos then nost. Both shit. Its not the real experience, period.

General player improvement? Again, private server players arent the only people to have played vanilla. In fact, id wager that a lot of private servers werent even old enough to have been able to play vanilla.

BIS for feral druids? lol! Which helm would that be? Tattered? Wolfshead Helm? Are you talking PvE? PvP? pre-raid? BiS raid? MC, BWL, AQ40? Who brings feral druids to raids in vanilla anyways?

I m not mad at all. Just tired of the holier than thou private server players thinking they are better than everyone else. Yea you can raid on a shitly scripted boss. I was raiding progression in vanilla when you were still in your daddy's sack bro.

- - - Updated - - -

They have numerous bugs and often times corrupt staff that either help their friends or sell gold. Plus are prone to lag and disappearing at the drop of a hat.
    Yep. Private servers are horribly optimized. rubber banding, lagging, disconnects. Everything else you said as well.

Posted this on massivelyop but still :

This is from Light Hope’s own Help and Support forum.

“We are aware of an issue causing some quest givers to stop interacting or reacting properly. This is being worked on and a fix should be deployed in the near future.”

“Donova Snowden, Winterspring, is one of the quest givers unable to have quest turned in, specifically [52] The Videra Elixer, [56] Threat of the Winterfall, [56] Mystery Goo, [56] Strange Sources. these are the only ones ive encountered in Winterspring that I cant turn in so far, quest givers in Everlook seem to be functioning atm.”

“update, [46] Ledger from Tanaris, Krinkle Goodsteel unable to be completed as well.

This one has been bugged for a long time and it may not be related to the current issue. Try dropping and retaking the quest – you won’t lose any items.”

“These two bad boys are bugged aswell.

Seereth Stonebreak – Barrens
    Apothecary Lydon – Tarren Mill”

“Greetings,

Any update on the issues regarding AV turn in? I contacted a GM and was informed the issue was being worked on.

Teuff”

“No one sees my messages in pm and General chat, but their see in guilds and groups chat. It’s been 2 day

You were muted by a GM, you’ll need to open a GM ticket in-game to have it removed.”

“I usually maintain 140-200 fps at all times, although sometimes I only get like 50-60. When this happens, I’m usually able to return to normal fps after exiting and restarting the game. Although this is annoying and would be a nuisance on fresh.I’m not using vsync or any software to cap fps. I always have the same applications open, although I have tried launching with no other applications open and this issue still occurs at times. Even if I’m in an unpopulated zone, It doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Highly unlikely it’s a hardware issue as I have an i8700 / rx580 and do not experience fps issues in other games.

Make sure you are running the game in Windowed Mode (can use full screen windowed).

Also take note of any add-ons you may be using, some of them can really bog down the game at times, and others require you to reset the add-on often ingame to purge the data. These can cause issue with large FPS drops as well.”

Several senior GM staff noticed early on that logs containing proof of gold selling, gold buying, etc were being removed from the database after they had queried them previously. Also, there were several incidents where a gamemaster would ban a player and then a few days later the player would be unbanned and roaming Azeroth. These too did not go unnoticed and this contributed greatly to providing a solid path for our investigation to take. Finally, we were made aware by an abundance of players regarding a player getting his final Binding of the Windseeker without any record of him receiving it from a raid which led us to discovering that the item was spawned by this rogue staff member.

Overall it was the combined effort of each and every staff member that let us get to the bottom of this situation. Going forward the GM staff will continue to track down all gold selling, gold buying, account sales, etc and look for any inconsistencies like we saw here
    .”

“The only case where a nerf is implemented is in Dire Maul: North, and it is only relevant to one encounter: King Gordok. Gordok currently has a custom teleport ability, which is designed to make it very difficult for hunters to simply kite and kill him. It is still possible, and I have seen a few hunters come up with some ways around it, but it is not straight forward. This mechanic is a remnant from Nostalrius, where it was originally implemented. While we try to achieve as Blizzlike an implementation as possible, and various other changes introduced during Elysium were removed, this still lingers.

Why? Because there are people on both sides with good arguments for and against removing it. On one hand, hunters were able to do it in retail. On the other, it was not as widespread and as known as it is now, and the huge amount of gold generated from it outdoes almost every other farming method in the game. Would Blizzard have changed it to prevent such a thing? We won’t know until Classic. In the meantime, this change will remain until further notice.”

Yea ill pass on all this haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    All I know is that if they decide, for some godforsaken reason, that they're going to use the new models then I am not touching it.
    I've been an undead player since the beginning, and they absolutely destroyed the new models for that. It looks horrendous.

I genuinely spent close to $200 racechanging ALL of my undead characters because I could not stand to look at them with the new models.
    Holy fuck I am laughing.
    1st: Why do you even play if race is so important? I mean.. oke, that might be some strange fetish.
    2nd: You literally can put one tick on and use old character models. Like... gratz on wasting 200 bucks mate I just hope that you are salty and lying, otherwise... sadness, if only you could read...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    The rage in this forum is delicious.

But I mean, honestly, it didn't matter what Blizzard put out the classic crowd was gonna be upset...it's in their nature.
    Yea, it's quite funny. So many players on that private server blizz shut down, when blizz said no, everyone was in rage fest. And it seems the version all privates are using is not true vanilla.. it's a face roll!

Next thing you would see would be "disable addons!" "disable combat logs!" "Why warriors are not falling trough the floor?! They had to keep it in mind on PvP, it was a feature!"

I don't want to make fun of these "the most true pure vanilla" fans, but come on dudes... Go play in a private. Oh wait, there is none. Game was not finished in early patches

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

Did... did you know about the 'Use Old Models' button...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Personally it's disappointing to me that they're going with 1.12.

Molten Core/Blackwing Lair/Ahn'qiraj will all be fairly silly with 16 debuffs and Naxxramas class redesigns. Like ridiculously fast kills.

Much of the early gearing process will be irrelevant as well, which will also mean rapid gearing and destruction of the most of the game's raid content.

Also, no opening of Ahn'qiraj
    Hence why private servers won't go anywhere. If you've ever been in one (and I have) you know that most people don't care too much for AQ40 and Naxx. They want that starting experience. They want to experience the opening of AQ40, they want to experience the event for Naxx. They want to see how classes and specs evolved. Starting with all the raid content available is just terrible. People will blow through the content in 6-8 months. Nobody will do MC or BWL and just farm for Frost gear since it has decent stats and get inside AQ40 and Naxx. You could farm Naxx trash fairly easily for matts so long as you're attuned, plus the stuff that Naxx trash drops is insanely better than anything in MC and BWL.

I don't see private servers going anywhere anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I like how people are assuming "1.12" means "every single raid open at release"

You seriously believe blizz is going to do that? Just have the entire game open at launch, so that the playerbase can burn through it in 2-3 months and then quit? Ignoring the massive events like AQ gate opening and pre-naxx events?

Lol.
    Come back to me when they do release everything all at once and tell me if I'm wrong. The only reason WoW classic exists is to fill in the lull between expansions. Which means you won't see classic WoW until near the end of Battle for Azeroth expansion.