I aint gonna spend that much on a statue

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I aint gonna spend that much on a statue
    40 bucks on quality is better than 10 bucks on trubbish/garbodor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    40 bucks on quality is better than 10 bucks on trubbish/garbodor
    but id rather have a statue and video games!

It is a damn shame that they will only get 3.50 for all their used games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but id rather have a statue and video games!
    You still can. You probably make double or triple what i do.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still can. You probably make double or triple what i do.
    hmmm probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theyre awful. Stop it. Buy nendroids instead.
    I got a couple nendoroids and the Ranma, female Ranma, Shampoo, and Sailor Venus figuarts and I don't think they were worth it at half off tbh. I haven't bought anymore.

I don't like the funknos (lol) either.

I still wish I had my $150 Felicia garage kit statue from 1998 though. :3

Edit:
    Fuck, now I want this excellent one. :/

https://www.amazon.de/Dark-Stalkers-.../dp/B001C4PHD8
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-06-19 at 01:22 AM.

blockbuster failed to adapt to the incoming digital era of streaming. stores that sell hard copies of video games will eventually perish as blockbuster did unless of course they sell more than just hard copies of video games. the digital era is among us and I for one am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    blockbuster failed to adapt to the incoming digital era of streaming. stores that sell hard copies of video games will eventually perish as blockbuster did unless of course they sell more than just hard copies of video games. the digital era is among us and I for one am all for it.
    Gamestop has sold digital games for a long ass time mate, that's not a hill to stand on that will save them.

The reality is BB, Target, Walmart and Amazon have all entered the used game business and sometimes offer even better rates then gamestop at it. That's what's really hurting their business, not a lack of digital content(when you can buy pretty much any relevant release digitally from them on every platform it's on).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-19 at 01:48 AM.

the digital era is among us and I for one am all for it.
    I'm not, I like owning the content I buy and ill go into a all digital era kicking and screaming. Gamestop is hurting not because a lack of digital sells (because they do sell digital content as well) its because there is more company's who are also in the used game market.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't even buy games, digital or physical, from Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc (well, technically I have bought a few physical copies of Switch games from Amazon, but those have been the only physical games I've bought in YEARS). I just buy games straight from XBL, PSN, and Steam. Faster and more convenient. I may pay a bit more for doing it this way, but having a good job allows for things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Gamestop has sold digital games for a long ass time mate, that's not a hill to stand on that will save them.

The reality is BB, Target, Walmart and Amazon have all entered the used game business and sometimes offer even better rates then gamestop at it. That's what's really hurting their business, not a lack of digital content(when you can buy pretty much any relevant release digitally from them on every platform it's on).
    yes and being able to buy the same digital game from your house, like you can with movies its pointless to go to a store for said item. its literally a waste of time and money to leave and go buy digital cards for games to then scan to your system, when all you got to do now is click and purchase from your console.

yes and being able to buy the same digital game from your house, like you can with movies its pointless to go to a store for said item. its literally a waste of time and money to leave and go buy digital cards for games to then scan to your system, when all you got to do now is click and purchase from your console.
    You understand gamestop has a website right?

And it sells digital games?

There is no need to leave your house, and it's not helping them in the least.

Again, this is not the reason they are falling off as a company and you even stated why in your own damn post. No store can compete in digital codes with the source store for convenience, this is true for literally every company but you're not going to see Amazon or Walmart stop selling games because of this.

Gamestop is falling off because they bought out most of their competition to the point where it was only mom&pop stores that couldn't compete with them on big stages. Then, bigger companies realized there was money to be made in that market and Gamestop can't buy out the likes of Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart. The end.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-19 at 04:31 AM.

I like how gamestop blames people not interested in physical sales as a problem and not themselves. Physical sales is not the issue
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone be willing to buy Gamestop? That's a sinking ship, mate. You can revise the business practices but there just isn't enough market to justify a special brick and mortar store for what people can download online or pick up at at Target or whatever instead.

... then again, I did recently overhear two guys talking about buying out a local newspaper with plans to turn in national, so I guess there are some people who suffer from investment insanity.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Why would anyone be willing to buy Gamestop? .
    To get rid of it for good. Duh
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Others seeing value in Gamestop to potentially acquire them?

I certainly did not see that coming...

I personally thought they would continue to close more stores for the next 10 years until they eventually just become an online only service at best, or go the way of TRU at worst.
    The name “GameStop” has a lot of value. Even if someone would’ve bought them, closed all stores and made an eshop out of everything it’ll still have a lot of value and sell a lot of games and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    The name “GameStop” has a lot of value. Even if someone would’ve bought them, closed all stores and made an eshop out of everything it’ll still have a lot of value and sell a lot of games and whatnot.
    The name holds value. It does not hold 1.3 billion worth of value, and that's what the current market price would be to acquire them.

The name TRU has value as well, you didn't see people wanting to buy it at the price it would cost.

People let these things rot until they get them at basement bargain prices, like the firm that just finally bought the long dormant KB Toys name in hopes of a cheap holiday cash in with the lack of TRU. If someone is going to buy Gamestop at the current market price, they absolutely intend on them to be a growing business and at this point that is kind of an insane idea.

Hell on top of the purchase price you are then taking on like 7,000 leases as well since they don't actually own their retail space. It would be a crazy fucking purchase and short of some amazing idea bringing them around what is the point?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-19 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To get rid of it for good. Duh
    Wat.

how is that...

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |