7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    they went back to reps selling usuable gear. sort of.
    How much useable? Legion had 850s that took longer time to unlock the rep (exalted) than it took to get the loot from actual raids, turning them into 5000g mogs.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But that would mean you'd have control on how you get rewarded and we cannot have that.
    Well not entirely, the loot could still be a piece you already have, or a bad piece etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i would happily take reduced healing effectiveness for reduced damage intake.

at the very least, remove the mana cost on our heal, make it just cost maelstrom.
    Yeah, just like it does for Enhancement, but that just cements the fact, that Maelstrom was a super last minute afterthought for elemental

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Possibility of a new beta build today with the login screen in?
    Do we need to start channeling our shitposting energy?!?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah, just like it does for Enhancement, but that just cements the fact, that Maelstrom was a super last minute afterthought for elemental
    it still has a mana cost for enhance, too.

it's annoying as fuck, i could definitely generate enough maelstrom to keep myself healed pretty good, but i always run out of mana.

By the way, guys. Ask yourself this.

How is it exactly that:

(a) BFA does not contain any big new features,
    (b) the beta keeps half of the things disabled and does not look polished at all,
    (c) the devs are running around like headless chickens trying to tie ends with classes and Ion says in advance that they won't be able to fix it all,

yet the dev team is supposedly "the biggest it ever was".

It just does not compute.

I told you before that this "the team is the biggest it ever was" is a fluke. It's almost certainly just some creative counting, like that bogus metric Holinka used to convey the idea that everything in PVP is fine and even great - shortly before he had to go. Eg, I guess that image of the supposedly "WoW dev team" included tons of the art guys who sometimes work on WoW but are in a shared art pool (which is very big in Blizzard).
    Last edited by rda; 2018-06-19 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Do we need to start channeling our shitposting energy?!?
    The time is not now, calm my friend, we will shitpost when the time is due.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    How much useable? Legion had 850s that took longer time to unlock the rep (exalted) than it took to get the loot from actual raids, turning them into 5000g mogs.
    Depends on the content you do. If you are high end you wont care, if all you do is queueable content then you might want them. Rep is also easier to farm, as inscriptors can make contracts.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Depends on the content you do. If you are high end you wont care, if all you do is queueable content then you might want them. Rep is also easier to farm, as inscriptors can make contracts.
    no, even just doing queue content, the rep epics were entirely useless.

the only way to make them useful is to put them on par with like heroic level gear or something. i wouldn't dream of wasting my gold on a rep epic in legion, not even in patch 7.0.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    it still has a mana cost for enhance, too.

it's annoying as fuck, i could definitely generate enough maelstrom to keep myself healed pretty good, but i always run out of mana.
    Oh right, Enh makes it an instant cast for 20+ maelstrom. Well that's still better

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

no, even just doing queue content, the rep epics were entirely useless.

the only way to make them useful is to put them on par with like heroic level gear or something. i wouldn't dream of wasting my gold on a rep epic in legion, not even in patch 7.0.
    Current bfa items are 325 at honored and 340 at revered, right? Did they nerf rep gain? Because iirc I ended up being halfway to revered from leveling only. Hc dungs are 325 and M+0 are 340.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-06-19 at 03:55 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

So are beta builds still down?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes the Beta Server are still Down and i don´t know how long -.-

Quote Originally Posted by unbrained View Post
    yes the Beta Server are still Down and i don´t know how long -.-
    That's good news, I was assuming they'd do something early since they turned Open Beta on.

Beta servers are toasted guys! Blizzard be like

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

How is it exactly that:

(b) the beta keeps half of the things disabled and does not look polished at all,
    (c) the devs are running around like headless chickens trying to tie ends with classes and Ion says in advance that they won't be able to fix it all,

yet the dev team is supposedly "the biggest it ever was".

It just does not compute.

I told you before that this "the team is the biggest it ever was" is a fluke. It's almost certainly just some creative counting, like that bogus metric Holinka used to convey the idea that everything in PVP is fine and even great - shortly before he had to go. Eg, I guess that image of the supposedly "WoW dev team" included tons of the art guys who sometimes work on WoW but are in a shared art pool (which is very big in Blizzard).
    Don+t see you it?

This is a filler expansion and they are probably using it to develop the next big expansion, like WoD was to Legion.
    And yet it´s a great expansion as far as we can see!

- - - Updated - - -

When I decide to go ahead and give the Dino mount a go lol, I´m 50% about getting it live, decided not to, but ultimately decided to tempt myself with Beta as gold there is not really consumed anyway.

Now I am so damn impatient >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Bonus rolls supposedly replaced the valor parallel progression system in the raid or die mentality of WoD; Valor offered raiders a way to fill in slots where they may have been unlucky AND offered gear to non-raiders (or people who raided infrequently or at a lower level) so Seals replaced them in classic WoD style in a way that only true raiders could get the good gear and everyone else was screwed.

I'd kill seals to have Valor back any day.
    Yes valor basically made it so eventually you put in your time you would get the gear slot you needed to fill yourself out. The rerolls help but are still such a crap shoot that you could go months and never get the piece you need.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

How is it exactly that:

1. New features a great expansion does not make. Legion was great off of the back of it's reward structure & patch content pacing, not because of artifacts or class halls. Fewer gimmicks the better, I say.

2. The only thing current disabled is Warfronts and Uldir, which have specific focused testing periods. There is a lack of polish in world design, however, with still major problems in Boralus. Those are a cause for concern.

3. Class design is an iterative process that will continue til the end of time. In no reality was all 100% of classes and specs going to be satisfied with their lot at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Don+t see you it?

This is a filler expansion and they are probably using it to develop the next big expansion, like WoD was to Legion.
    And yet it´s a great expansion as far as we can see!
    I suppose that depends on your perspective. BfA is Legion 2.0 to me... Artifact something, filled with grains of sand, to buy post max level talents. Resources, missions tables. Useless professions.

It is very sad indeed. Yes there are new models and zones... something Blizz has excelled in and no doubt BfA will be beautiful... but the game will FEEL just like Legion... like content patches for it.

BfA is the WoD version of Legion.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is hardly a filler expansion like WoD was. But I shouldn't expect much from someone like Maudib acting like BFA is sad.

BfA is the WoD version of Legion.
    Says the person who tried to predict the login screen only to end up being wrong. You always make these big claims and end up wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi