Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

Literally zero hype for BFA??

Like really guys, whats going on at Blizzard??

I remember we used to get video series, cinematics, etc. leading up to an expansion, and all kinds of hype. Here in BFA there is nothing? People have lost interest in the game and they are doing nothing to get people back. With an expansion already looking like they are doing nothing new, meaning they can sell the game on ingame hype since its gonna be like logging in to Legion with zero changes, they NEED to hype people up man

What you guys think?

Apparently the three comics, two short stories, book release, and upcoming animated cinematics aren't hype.

BfA is looking more and more like a filler expansion. The bare minimum of effort is being put into it. Feedback from beta has been largely disappointing. Just think of it as a way to flesh out the faction war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's look at the expansion villains:

TBC - Bad ass Illidan
    WotLK - Bad asser Lich King
    Cata - Bad asserest Deathwing
    MoP - Not-so-badass Kung Fu Pandas (made to please our Chinese overlords)
    WoD - Bad ass Orc planet
    Legion - Omega level bad asserest and final boss of the game Sargeras

and now we have BfA...

BfA - Ourselves. Yup, we get to fight ourselves. Punting Gnomes feels less bad ass than slaying the demon king.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I just come to MMO-Champion to see how the game is doing otherwise I don’t play it myself anymore, haven’t actively since Cataclysm. This expansion is looking so meh it’s insane... to each their own though, if players will enjoy it good for them. The only thing that really impresses me each time is the world design. Kul’tiras looks awesome. Otherwise, this expansions’ hype is lower than ever overall for sure. I guess the game is just getting old?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Apparently the three comics, two short stories, book release, and upcoming animated cinematics aren't hype.
    About those animated cinematics... Any ata on those? Bfa is not that far away anymore, so I'd say somewhere in the coming weeks?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too hyped because my PC won't be able to handle it, and I don't know how much I will have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    About those animated cinematics... Any ata on those? Bfa is not that far away anymore, so I'd say somewhere in the coming weeks?
    Well, we know one of them is what explains Teldrassil, so they could come anywhere from next week to during the prepatch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Let's look at the expansion villains:

TBC - Bad ass Illidan
    WotLK - Bad asser Lich King
    Cata - Bad asserest Deathwing
    MoP - Not-so-badass Kung Fu Pandas (made to please our Chinese overlords)
    WoD - Bad ass Orc planet
    Legion - Omega level bad asserest and final boss of the game Sargeras

and now we have BfA...

BfA - Ourselves. Yup, we get to fight ourselves. Punting Gnomes feels less bad ass than slaying the demon king.
    We will be up against the old gods. Last boss of the expansion will not be sylvanas or anduin or whatever, it's going to be something old god related. Also azshara got a new model so we will see her. Blizzard are great with storytelling. I have faith in them.

On topic: I would love to see some more cinematics to hype me up. The format they did before legion with their short harbingers cinematics would be really cool, but to me it's no big deal. Their cinematic team must be working on something else that we will see soon!

Deleted
    I think the biggest issue is that there isn't anything new or exiting to look forward too this time.

As far as classes go... they are just taking stuff away.
    I personally also hate that I lose artifact weapons that I've grown attached to and I've grinded to become as powerful as they are.

Content wise... There are some new zones that all look kinda familiair imo. At least, they give me the feeling I've already been there at some point.
    Also no interesting bad guys or endboss this time, no interesting new PvE elements. Expeditions are just scenario's 2.0 and battlefronts are the basically like the PvE quests in Ashran.

I'm just not feeling it this time, but that's ok I guess since I don't have the feeling I am missing out anymore if I dont play.

7+ Year Old Account
    zero hype for a filler no content wod 2.0 expansion
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys all missing the fact that this expac we're going up against Azshara and MOTHERFUCKING N'ZOTH?

The whole expac story is building to an Old God showdown
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan View Post

I remember we used to get video series, cinematics, etc. leading up to an expansion, and all kinds of hype. Here in BFA there is nothing? People have lost interest in the game and they are doing nothing to get people back. With an expansion already looking like they are doing nothing new, meaning they can sell the game on ingame hype since its gonna be like logging in to Legion with zero changes, they NEED to hype people up man

What you guys think?
    Yeah guys remember when they shelled more money on advertisement than the game itself, when we got to see all those tv ads and even that one time they even made an art installation to promote the bestest xpansion ever, remember?

I swear these threads make fucking /v/ look good.

What you guys think?
    I hear you and I agree, but it has gotten so apathetic now that I kind of stopped caring.

Here is what I think will happen:

The pre-patch will come and it will be bad because of specs feeling bad and because of numerous unfixed issues. For example, they still have to fix old raids being much harder than they are on live - it is fine to be talking "hey, this is the usual problem with scaling, they will fix it" and it is true, this is the usual problem, but it has been left unattended for months now and they have maybe two weeks to fix it still. There are other issues like that, and, well, the time is ticking.

Then the BFA will come and provided there won't be some huge issue like week-long unplayable garrisons in WoD (which, based on the overall low quality and low testing coverage of things on the beta is absolutely not out of the question for BFA), BFA will maybe be fine for a month or so it takes me to level and do all instances plus a fair number of world quests / island invasions / the warfront. And that will be more or less the end of the newness, BFA will morph for me into "do A and B every week and check if there is something new coming in patches" and I will be doing old lands and alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Anyone who uses that awful signature is already biased to all hell.

Saying it's a wod 2.0 filler no content expansion with what's on beta...It's just plain ignorance.

You're literally being ignorant to everything on there.

Plus you think classic is going to have as many subs as bfa, which is laughable, completely insane and delusional.

I thought making the same thread every week was a bannable offense
    Oh who am I kidding, they do it on the politics (off-topic) board as well

Eventually you just get tired of doing the same thing over and over and over and over again. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the word "literally" means what you think it means, OP
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    There is content but there are no meaningful features or changes. The overwhelming amount of pruning is just overshadowing the good sides of BfA (yes, there are some, not many but some).

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think the biggest issue is that there isn't anything new or exiting to look forward too this time.
    100% this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted

What you guys think?
    Another bait thread from an alt account and people from both sides instantly take the bait. Well played