Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That is a pretty widely held position. I have a feeling Blizzard will make some serious bank on faction transfers and alliance side will end up a ghost town
    Well maybe this is the revenge for the absolutely horrible and ugly Horde garrison back in WoD... *lol*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yup they really fucked themselves with it .

nobody asked them to realease it this early - everybody would be more then fine with october/november release
    I just don't know why they came up with an August release date. Absolutely no need for that especially not when the state of the expansion is so... underwhelming. It seems like there's nothing finished yet and we're less than 2 months from release.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well maybe this is the revenge for the absolutely horrible and ugly Horde garrison back in WoD... *lol*

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't know why they came up with an August release date. Absolutely no need for that especially not when the state of the expansion is so... underwhelming. It seems like there's nothing finished yet and we're less than 2 months from release.
    My feeling is they were forced to release it by the Board of Directors because Legion is slumping really hard and really fast and they want to get those profits in by the end of Q4. Like I said they probably expect a increase in Faction transfers and carachter boosts . BFA may not be selling as well as they wanted.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Incompetent devs thats all. Zones are not exciting, quests are shit, class directions are shit. Azerite armor sucks.Whats eben going to be good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this expansion is looking pretty weak in terms of content. Outside of raiding and doing a few M+ each week, I see myself spending more time offline than online...

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Honestly, this expansion is looking pretty weak in terms of content. Outside of raiding and doing a few M+ each week, I see myself spending more time offline than online...
    And this time even without a companion app!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    My feeling is they were forced to release it by the Board of Directors because Legion is slumping really hard and really fast and they want to get those profits in by the end of Q4. Like I said they probably expect a increase in Faction transfers and carachter boosts . BFA may not be selling as well as they wanted.
    Mhm, don't know. I agree that Legion got pretty boring with / after 7.3 and I think it's possible that subs plummeted after 7.3 but they're risking a lot with this release date and could lose more than they possibly could win...

Deleted
    I feel like people only rate Legions writing due to Suramar and that's it.. 1 out of 7 zones had good writing means it was a good expansion and in this statement is where we see how players are so easily swayed with their blind love for the game.

Suramar was consistant and other zones had specs of magic..RIP Runas
    Last edited by mmoc157db6de0e; 2018-06-20 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    Personal opinions... as always. This forum is full of different views about BfA.

There is no harm in sharing your opinion and viewpoint but people have to stop expecting others to share the same feeling.
    I don't know. I see more people disliking than liking BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    And it's not just on this forum. It's the official forums as well (you know, the place where you need to be a sub to post). The overall reception to BfA at this point is rather negative than positive and that's something Blizzard seems to be aware of but acts quite ignorant towards it. Maybe they're already planning on chaning a lot of things or packing the content patches with stuff... I don't know. It just reminds me so much of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Good joke man.

BM is as dumb as it ever was.

Survival was one of the most complex specs in Legion. Now it doesn't even have a rotation. You just spam whatever shit is off cooldown. Bombs, darts and KC.

Marks vulnerability window is gone(many hated, some liked). How exactly is it complex now? Casting a 3 second aimed shot? Spamming steady or pressing rapid fire for focus?
    No one liked the vuln window. It was a 4 button spec that was only intricate and fun for half of a raid tier. BM was 3.

It was stated that no class gained buttons or complexity.

That was simple untrue.

Deleted
    Isn't that because most of actual content is missing and not much changed in term of gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Isn't that because most of actual content is missing and not much changed in term of gameplay?
    I think it's more the fact that they downgraded everything. Classes few awkward and weak. Removed really strong legendary effects and artifact weapons that defined our characters for over 2 years. We literally have nothing to do in BfA other than to grind Azerite and some occasional gear/mount. Some people might have disliked the legendary and artifact system, but it gave us something to work towards to. BfA gives nothing in terms of progression. We get a necklace that has no visible effects either, so it's a downgrade in that regard as well. We at least got different weapon skins with our artifact weapons and we wanted to get more and more. I bet people will be going back in Legion to get them (at least I know I will).

BfA feels dry in all aspects.

The story is really the majority of what I find most negative about the expansion, the second is the gating behind allied race armor through slow leveling to keep numbers.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The fact that you have to develop your main until 8.1 or 8.2 to either race swap or restart all over again with the progress in order to play a Zandalari is just fucking retarded. There is no way to defend this (also kek at "earn their trust" cmooon). Most people want to play allied races day 1 not to be forced to pay race changes.

Deleted
    I think it's more the fact that they downgraded everything. Classes few awkward and weak. Removed really strong legendary effects and artifact weapons that defined our characters for over 2 years. We literally have nothing to do in BfA other than to grind Azerite and some occasional gear/mount. Some people might have disliked the legendary and artifact system, but it gave us something to work towards to. BfA gives nothing in terms of progression. We get a necklace that has no visible effects either, so it's a downgrade in that regard as well. We at least got different weapon skins with our artifact weapons and we wanted to get more and more. I bet people will be going back in Legion to get them (at least I know I will).

BfA feels dry in all aspects.
    Well that's just the regular start... In TBC all cried about replacing their tier sets with clown costums. It repeats every time and is kinda necessary for tuning and "build up" again. Just wait till the story is scripted and the game hypes you for the story and competitive "level progress" and "gearing up". Won't be long then till you have your full again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, the August release is rushed. They should take another 2-3 months and fix all the problems (like shoving class and balance changes into 8.1 because they can't do it until 8.0 etc.).
    Ion definitely jumped the gun big time when he pushed the launch window a head of schedule..

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    Leveling as Alliance in Beta atm, I can only second what Asaliah said. I am rather disappointed, and would like to add: Legion environment feels high res compared to the low res large terrain slabs of grey rocks in Kul Tiras. Hope Zuldazar is better looking, all in all it was very boring quests in a drab environment.

They put their efforts in Legion, BfA will make WoD look good.
    The terrain looks awful in some areas. Almost as if they had the base texture in place but never bothered to go ack over and add stuff or update the mapping.

Deleted
    Just you wait till about a month or two after launch and it really starts to sink in what people have bought themselves into.

This could start the whole cycle again sadly... they will face never ending anger again, then cut content for this expansion and focus on the one after BfA.
    It's basically WoD 2.0 if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Just you wait till about a month or two after launch and it really starts to sink in what people have bought themselves into.

This could start the whole cycle again sadly... they will face never ending anger again, then cut content for this expansion and focus on the one after BfA.
    They were really desperate to get back the subs so they made Demon Hunters a reality. I wonder what's next... Ogres? Nagas? Both?

They were really desperate to get back the subs so they made Demon Hunters a reality. I wonder what's next... Ogres? Nagas? Both?
    Undead Paladins and Half-Ogres seem to be coming soon. As in 8.2/8.3 soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    the only content that is not available on the beta servers right now is the raid itself, everything else is unlocked and available to try, but the simple fact is that the entire content that is available is totally beyond pathetic, levelling is boring with very very few stand out moments, whereas in the past i could give you some really memorable moments PER ZONE, now i struggle to find anything worth noting in the entire journey from 110>120 after doing it multiple times, the combat is really bad because in my eyes, the reason they added the whole 'GCD' change in the first place was not to slow classes and specs down at all, but it was added as a band aid fix to removing the artifact weapons and traits, because without this in place and just removing the artifacts then all specs in the game would need some major reworking, which clearly they lack the team to do anymore, it seems to me that the team they had working on legion has been cut down somewhat and right now the team they do have is scrambling to get last minute stuff done and trying to do several things at once in order to reach the deadlines set.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

BFA already has infinitely more things to do at launch than WoD did over the course of the entire expansion.

The only question is what you'll do with your time once BFA inevitably doesnt kill WoW. My guess? You'll be playing WoW.