Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    So pretty much easy mode vanilla? Yay I hate challenging content!
    Pretty much true vanilla. Yay I like everything exactly as it was back then and I'm not whining about some shat-together private server experience with 20 vendors for blue gear standing in front of Org and instant 60!
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-06-20 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I dont think that blizzard will do that and i didnt say that they would. Server population dies on private servers because its too much work to catch up to Naxx so they start fresh servers inevitably once theyve had naxx open for a while. The same thing will happen on blizzard servers where people wont be assed to put in the work to catch up so the server pop will dwindle only like we said blizz wont open a new one, thus the server will die. they probably want this to happen
    Judging by the fact that they are using their new server tech, expect only a couple of megaservers. All they need to do is make a somewhat accurate recreation of the 1.12 world

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    -Patch 1.12.2 - The last patch before BC

-No QoL additions

-No Class balance changes

-Only bug fixes

-Nothing else

-Preserve that patch exactly as it was. No additions. No subtractions.

Also no BC servers. Server(s) exist as an alternative to live.
    You pay the same sub and can choose which one to play on each time you log in.
    YOu are going to get QOL and features that they wanted to add in Vanilla. Multi item mail, guild banks and repairs, automated customer service(lost item system, character xfers, everything else that can be automated currently), the new AH functionality, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I dont think that blizzard will do that and i didnt say that they would. Server population dies on private servers because its too much work to catch up to Naxx so they start fresh servers inevitably once theyve had naxx open for a while. The same thing will happen on blizzard servers where people wont be assed to put in the work to catch up so the server pop will dwindle only like we said blizz wont open a new one, thus the server will die. they probably want this to happen
    Vanilla is easy to catch up on as long as you have friends in places as most raids can afford to carry one player for most of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Judging by the fact that they are using their new server tech, expect only a couple of megaservers. All they need to do is make a somewhat accurate recreation of the 1.12 world
    Quite likely as they will be able to shard(not CRZ) early zones and no one will really know the difference. Have a couple huge servers and once the burnout happens these servers will have decent populations still and not have to worry about crashing populations and server combining or CRZ

I love how someone is trying to be purist while mentioning 1.12 with crap with "NO QOL ADDITIONS".

NEWSFLASH, EVERYTHING AFTER 1.6 IS LITERALLY QOL VANILLA.

1.12 is the Vanilla you know cause you are (a) clueless nooblet(s) that only played on private servers or you were too young/useless to do anything when the actual content was available.

I am tired of reading the same shit on 20 different posts every other day.

1.12 isnt even Vanilla WoW, everything was changed and fixed so much its a completely different game.

If you think 1.12 patch reflects the actual Vanilla experience because you played it on a private server..Poor souls.

They cant reproduce the Vanilla cause they literally do not have the code, what they can give you is a stable server so Russian armchair developers etc etc, wont scam you with terrible private servers.

Thats all WoW Classic is, absorb the money from all the donations/scams from the private server community without requiring any sort of heavy duty development.

They will pay 5-10 developers the money they get either way, add a few automated systems and a couple GMs to monitor, yada yada, what, 1mil/year on salaries and server costs?

They will make 6.5mil just from the private community hovering at 500k that will play classic, without even counting the easily as many and probably up to 2mil players randomly checking out by popping their 13e for 1 month.

Accept it and enjoy it.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-06-20 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I agree but there are so many whiny children these days that they will prob add a ton of qol shit
    See my signature, as this accurately portrays what is going on with Classic.

Reeee my opinion matters the most! Reeee if they don't do it exactly as I say it'll suck REEEEE

Did I get the community right?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I saw the "cakewalk" in the random MC anniverary LFR thing...
    Except everyone that went in there went with the "it's LFR" mentality, i.e., weren't really putting the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except everyone that went in there went with the "it's LFR" mentality, i.e., weren't really putting the effort.
    It was also issues that cleanses were not spamable and it was not an organised raid. I did it 3 times, twice with a guild group of 30+ and it was done in under 2 hours, almost a faceroll and the last time in a group of pugs and yeah it was crappy and I left after people were herp-derping it up a la LFR. MC it self will be stupid easy, especially with boss mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Quite likely as they will be able to shard(not CRZ) early zones and no one will really know the difference. Have a couple huge servers and once the burnout happens these servers will have decent populations still and not have to worry about crashing populations and server combining or CRZ
    I expect maybe a classic server and a classic pvp server. Don't know if they will do rp and rppvp. Can you even RP a story that already happened? They definitely have the tech as they are able to run the whole beta for bfa off two realms but the attachment of players to their realms is something they don't wish to encroach upon for the live version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I expect maybe a classic server and a classic pvp server. Don't know if they will do rp and rppvp. Can you even RP a story that already happened? They definitely have the tech as they are able to run the whole beta for bfa off two realms but the attachment of players to their realms is something they don't wish to encroach upon for the live version of the game.
    I would put it at more than that Likely 3 of each to start and if one of the PVP or PVE realms get to the point where there is constant queues they will spin up another server. I hope they name them the names of the first set of servers launched.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I love how someone is trying to be purist while mentioning 1.12 with crap with "NO QOL ADDITIONS".

1.12 is the Vanilla you know cause you are (a) clueless nooblet(s) that only played on private servers or you were too young/useless to do anything when the actual content was available.

1.12 isnt even Vanilla WoW, everything was changed and fixed so much its a completely different game.

If you think 1.12 patch reflects the actual Vanilla experience because you played it on a private server..Poor souls.

They cant reproduce the Vanilla cause they literally do not have the code, what they can give you is a stable server so Russian armchair developers etc etc, wont scam you with terrible private servers.

Thats all WoW Classic is, absorb the money from all the donations/scams from the private server community without requiring any sort of heavy duty development.

They will pay 5-10 developers the money they get either way, add a few automated systems and a couple GMs to monitor, yada yada, what, 1mil/year on salaries and server costs?

They will make 6.5mil just from the private community hovering at 500k that will play classic, without even counting the easily as many and probably up to 2mil players randomly checking out by popping their 13e for 1 month.

Accept it and enjoy it.
    you should play alpha - that is the true experince for you obviously
    anyway don't be butthurt kid, 1.12 is what its going to be because that is the ultimate version of vanilla whether you like it or not

Accept it and enjoy it.
    Don't cut yourself on that edge man. You're trying too hard.

>how classic must be

Nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >how classic must be

Nonexistent.
    GL with that

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    where would be the incentive to gear for t0.5 when you can have ZG gear?
    D2 requires only group content, while ZG is a raid.
    That's the entire reason why D2 was added to the game : to allow people who didn't raid to progress.

It means you've great gear that you can get with only a group of friends, or some decent PuG. It means you have something to strive forward outside raid evening, or with your alt.

Also, you realize that this set was added in patch 1.11, which is LONG AFTER ZG ? So your whole question is stupid, because it was already the case in Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    You are very wrong about patch 1.12.x - It mainly contained class changes preparations for TBC.

It was only live in for the very last few months of Vanilla, and nothing (raid encounters) then felt like they did during most of vanilla timeframe.

Every single patch prior to 1.12 represents Vanilla much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    1.12.2 is basically TBC already. 1.12 in general has introduced a lot of changed that were meant to prepare WoW to TBC. Not sure why people think about it as some ideal Classic version when it was basically unfinished TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthrun View Post
    No. 1.12 is a joke. It's too easy. It's basically like raiding WoD with legion talents. Or raiding Legion with BfA talents.
    Optimally the servers should be in a 1.7 state with bug fixes.
    I'm a bit tired of all this "waaaah 1.12 revolutionized the game".
    It didn't. I get the feeling people are mixing 1.12 with 2.0, because 1.12 mainly fixed bugs and altered some abilities so they made more sense/were more balanced. I don't see a lot of changes that actually made a class more powerful, especially in PvE.

A few items were changed. A few fundamental mechanisms were improved (threat and haste) but not to make them "more powerful", but to make them more logical.

THERE WAS NO MASSIVE CHANGE IN 1.12 !
    If you think so, then please provide an evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    That is assuming Blizzard was not full of shit when they said they are missing much of the original data.
    They either were, or the claim was taken out of context.
    Because it's both obvious from a professional PoV that any company will have source control, AND the latest news openly describe the dev getting data from said source control.
    I don't believe one second they don't have the data.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    AoE loot is the bare minimum to retain sanity in 2017.
    I wouldn't mind wand levelling my priestess in discipline spec as I did back then, but give me AoE loot.
    What's the point of AoE loot when you kill mob 1 by 1 with your wand ?

And honestly, fuck AoE loot. I want to have people run from one corpse to the other. I want to get the illusion I'm actually dragging my hands along the pockets of the bodies to find things to pilfer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Do you really think blizzard will "MAKE MONEY $$$$" from these vanilla servers? Do you really think they will live with your 20k/30k subscribers?
    Do you realize just how few subscribers they need to be profitable ?
    Do you realize that ENTIRE MMO GAMES actually survive on 20-30k people, so that such numbers for a re-release that basically only required a handful of dev to work for a year, and a few servers, would mean basically free money ?

- - - Updated - - -

If you people think that blizzard will do server wipes/resets your brains have clearly rotted by playing the same thing for 12 years. They will never do that. They will keep it as a museum piece that you can visit whenever you want and do whatever you want in it. And if Classic will be decent and pay for its costs they will go on with BC servers, etc.
    They do it on Diablo 2, they can do it on Vanilla.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Do you realize just how few subscribers they need to be profitable ?
    Do you realize that ENTIRE MMO GAMES actually survive on 20-30k people, so that such numbers for a re-release that basically only required a handful of dev to work for a year, and a few servers, would mean basically free money ?
    What blizzard considers profit is way different than what an indie company considers profit.

Bless online was relaunched one month ago. The launch was such a big failure that only 20k people play the game now after a month. If the same would happen with Classic wow(it won't happen but let's scale it up to the millions). If they expect that the community will be a constant 500k subs over the period of 2 years but they end up with 200k subs after one year they will consider the project a failure regardless if the money is enough to compensate for the server costs.

They do it on Diablo 2, they can do it on Vanilla.
    Completely different games. They leveling, economy, population, age are completely different. Hardcore vs softcore and all that.Plus diablo2 has ladders for level max since it takes 2 years of constant play 12 hours a day to reach 99.

WOW Classic is about progression in so many different areas like pve, pvp, etc. People that farm 2 years for a pvp title will completely hate the server reset. It won't happen in classic. It's a REMASTERED museum made to stay forever in the same state so you can enjoy the FEELING. Join it, do what you want when you want and that's it. Hate it or love it most will play it. Even with changes like achievements and transmogs people will still play it.

What blizzard considers profit is way different than what an indie company considers profit.

Bless online was relaunched one month ago. The launch was such a big failure that only 20k people play the game now after a month. If the same would happen with Classic wow(it won't happen but let's scale it up to the millions). If they expect that the community will be a constant 500k subs over the period of 2 years but they end up with 200k subs after one year they will consider the project a failure regardless if the money is enough to compensate for the server costs.
    That's not an apt comparison, because of several reasons :

- It's not about the release of a new project. It's more a PR move. The criteria of success are completely different. If Classic just at least keeps even (which is nearly 100 % sure it will), then it allows Blizzard to keep it alive because it doesn't "lose money".
    - The project manager himself said that it's not about having a lot of people, but about providing a "museum", and that they are intent to keep it even if it's not successful. Of course it's corporate speak, but it's significant about how they approach the project more as a PR display than a money-gaining one.
    - They probably do not expect 500k sub for the long term. I'd say it's more about 100-200k, which seems to be doable.
    Completely different games. They leveling, economy, population, age are completely different. Hardcore vs softcore and all that.Plus diablo2 has ladders for level max since it takes 2 years of constant play 12 hours a day to reach 99.

WOW Classic is about progression in so many different areas like pve, pvp, etc. People that farm 2 years for a pvp title will completely hate the server reset. It won't happen in classic. It's a REMASTERED museum made to stay forever in the same state so you can enjoy the FEELING. Join it, do what you want when you want and that's it. Hate it or love it most will play it. Even with changes like achievements and transmogs people will still play it.
    I don't think they would do "server reset" (as in your character is back to level 1 and so on), but rather "rolling servers" (as in your server doesn't change, but a new one is launched every two or three years as a fresh new state).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They cant reproduce the Vanilla cause they literally do not have the code
    They literally do have it. It's just not usable with modern hardware and operating systems. So what they've elected to do instead is to take the old databases and convert them to work within the current game. The result is expected to produce a very similar game to what Vanilla was.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who are you to say "No BC servers"? I personally want BC servers more than Classic. Not saying Classic servers shouldnt be, but I hope at one point they make BC servers too and Wotlk for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds reasonable. I only disagree on the Patch. It should go, for the first 2 years, through the same patch cycle as Classic did.
    It has already been announced that it is going to stay on 1.12. And the original patch cycle would be terrible as there are many classes that were terrible(almost unplayable at launch) The funny part is that they have already said there will be QoL changes and conveniences added.

- - - Updated - - -

Accept it and enjoy it.
    They have the code, they already said they do but they are going to build it using the new engine, new client and new database structure to allow for new security.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a bit tired of all this "waaaah 1.12 revolutionized the game".
    It didn't. I get the feeling people are mixing 1.12 with 2.0, because 1.12 mainly fixed bugs and altered some abilities so they made more sense/were more balanced. I don't see a lot of changes that actually made a class more powerful, especially in PvE.

A few items were changed. A few fundamental mechanisms were improved (threat and haste) but not to make them "more powerful", but to make them more logical.

THERE WAS NO MASSIVE CHANGE IN 1.12 !
    If you think so, then please provide an evidence.
    Most of the changes happened in the 2 patches before 1.12. They cleaned up much of the game then and 1.12 added a bunch of polish to that turd.

What's the point of AoE loot when you kill mob 1 by 1 with your wand ?

And honestly, fuck AoE loot. I want to have people run from one corpse to the other. I want to get the illusion I'm actually dragging my hands along the pockets of the bodies to find things to pilfer.
    Not sure what you are talking about as I lock I dot kited entire area's of mobs. and then would spend 5 minutes looting everything because of shitty spaghetti code in vanilla would lag when you looted.