Poll: Should protesters go after the children of ICE agents?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No. Children are never and should never be held accountable for their parents' actions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I said not to go after the kids of the border people, nothing about what should or should not be done with the Mexican kids. The guy who tweeted this is clearly unhappy with the treatment of the Mexican kids though, and he is the person I'm referring to in my post. He thinks it's bad only when his enemy does it but it's okay for him to call for it to be inflicted on other kids. He obviously doesn't actually care about what is happening to the Mexican kids and is a disgusting hypocrite.
    So what? we just say "oh hey, you're here illegally, have some full citizenship!"? It's an ugly solution to an ugly problem.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

This is insane, but what can you expect from celebrities. Criminals are separated from their children when they are imprisoned. Why is entering the US illegally not a crime to be treated the same way?

Here's how the US immigration services work, When apprehended illegals are detained separated from their children who are not a party to their parents criminal actions. The illegal is presented with two options accept their guilt and be deported with their children in which case their children and they are reunited promptly or they can appeal for refuge status. This second option generally takes longer and so the separation can be much longer as the appeal process in currently overwhelmed.

Looking at illegal immigration trends, during the 90's most illegal border crossings where solitary men looking for work. They would then send money back to their families. This pattern changed when the Obama administration introduced policies to make exceptions from children and their families. Since then, the numbers of children have increased. This increase lead to more appeals for refuge status with many of the pictures seen from detention centers having been taken during the Obama administration.

Either way, the insanity concerning targeting of ICE employees doing the jobs is idiotic and the targeting of their children barbaric.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the GenOT mods would lock some of the trashier threads instead of dumping them in the politics sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    This is insane, but what can you expect from celebrities. Criminals are separated from their children when they are imprisoned. Why is entering the US illegally not a crime to be treated the same way?
    1) Illegally entering the country is a misdemeanour, not a crime.
    2) It's inhumane.
    3) This is happening to asylum seekers and often the kids will not be reunited with their family.
    4) Due process is lacking due to a lack of judicial oversight.

Here's how the US immigration services work, When apprehended illegals are detained separated from their children who are not a party to their parents criminal actions. The illegal is presented with two options accept their guilt and be deported with their children in which case their children and they are reunited promptly or they can appeal for refuge status. This second option generally takes longer and so the separation can be much longer as the appeal process in currently overwhelmed.
    And it's a bullshit process.

Looking at illegal immigration trends, during the 90's most illegal border crossings where solitary men looking for work. They would then send money back to their families. This pattern changed when the Obama administration introduced policies to make exceptions from children and their families. Since then, the numbers of children have increased. This increase lead to more appeals for refuge status with many of the pictures seen from detention centers having been taken during the Obama administration.
    Shall we take this dance a bit further back and point out illegal immigration only began to spike after the border was closed in the first place by the Reagan Administration?

Either way, the insanity concerning targeting of ICE employees doing the jobs is idiotic and the targeting of their children barbaric.
    True. Just dismantle ICE entirely.

The US has no need of the gestapo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I wish the GenOT mods would lock some of the trashier threads instead of dumping them in the politics sub.
    We have mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    No targeting children is despicable regardless who does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Newslfash, all criminals get separated from their families, even people murdered by illegals.

So I got a question for you, how do you stop Child trafficking? I could turn up at the border with a child and claim "It's mine" I have no paper work... only my word and already tried to enter illegally, do you just let me in?

The claim is, 90% of the children are not even related to the adults detained, I say we need DNA tests.
    Weird, I don't recall any incidents of people losing kids after getting a traffic ticket. Can you cite some examples to back up your claim? After all, we're talking about a misdemeanor here.

And please spare me the child trafficking nonsense unless you want to back it up with some legit sources.

is that a serious question? what kind of psychotic shitbag do you have to be to think this is ok?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who supports terrorizing of children regardless of their parents political spectrum is a monster and deserves to be locked up. While the trump current separation of children from parents is terrible, This is just almost as equally as bad

Whoever moved all the post to the right subforum is my hero

Deleted
    Yay, we found a tweet that we can talk about that distracts from the ongoing discussion!

Which actually makes me wonder if there are like people out there that have tweeted that we should kill those in the camps, make them into actual concentration camps, forced sterilization etc.. Probably is, probably won't be made a thread about that.

Damn it I misread the title as ice giants and couldn't agree more.

On the actual topic, I'm baffled with have 4 "yes"es in that poll. "Don't terrorize children" is one of those things I had hoped was pretty universal.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-06-20 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Are you insane? Harassing innocent children? Punishing them for what their parents did? In the country that likes to call itself "leader of the free world"? Excuse me?

And going after ICE agent children is a hare-brained idea, too.
    I see what you did there
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    So what? we just say "oh hey, you're here illegally, have some full citizenship!"? It's an ugly solution to an ugly problem.
    Why are you arguing with me over something I'm not even talking about?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

ICE agents are just people doing their jobs protecting us from lots of bad people. It's sad how people would punish their children for protecting our nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a terrible idea but sometimes the only way for people to see their own shit is to feed it to them.

Protest the schools that ICE agents' children attend?

There's nothing illegal about that, though it probably wouldn't play very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So advocating 'going after' and 'making lists of' your political enemies is not extremism? Skroe advocates a certain type of politics that supports the harming of those who simply disagree with own ideology, and therefore I would label him an extremist. Please clarify what your own definition of 'extremist' is, and whether you would personally support doxing and harming people because they have argued against your position on the internet.
    You're playing the victim here, even Fonda's tweet specifically says they aren't actually talking about taking the kids. Just surrounding the schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not going to read this whole thread. Let me explain how language works...

"Sounds great." is the HUGE signal that Fonda is responding to something in kind. In other words, what he's about to suggest is rhetorically "tit for tat." He's frustrated, he's suggesting that what the authorities effectively do to others should be done also to themselves.

I think its interesting that so many of you focus on a wild and fantastical hypothetical instead of the actual injury being responded to by Fonda.

What shall you do about the shitposter in chief? It is his inflammatory style that has caused this deterioration in the political dialogue.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2018-06-21 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Not going to read this whole thread. Let me explain how language works...

"Sounds great." is the HUGE signal that Fonda is responding to something in kind. In other words, what he's about to suggest is rhetorically "tit for tat." He's frustrated, he's suggesting that what the authorities effectively do to others should be done also to themselves.

I think its interesting that so many of you focus on a wild and fantastical hypothetical instead of the actual injury being responded to by Fonda.

What shall you do about the shitposter in chief? It is his inflammatory style that has caused this deterioration in the political dialogue.
    When Trump does it we're supposed to "not worry about the content of his words too much and see the underlying message" or some nonsense. When people that don't support Trump do it, we're supposed to hang them for every single word and punctuation mark used.

There's no double standard! /s

Surround their schools and scare the shit out of them, and every other kid that goes to school there as well I guess. This is the alt left.