Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Could we get a picture/vid of those old gnome models? Curious if they use the old skeleton aswell, or is it just the skin?

As for the toggle, if they were planning to remove all old models completely, then why didn't they remove the toggle early alpha/beta? We're 2 months from launch, and the toggle option is still in (they even updated the strings of the toggle a few builds back, instead of removing it). Hopefully they're working on bringing them back, maybe they'll bring them over once classic is done?
    Sorry, I didn't take a picture of them, and this was a while back. I'll check for them again later though, and I'll take a screenshot (if I remember).

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    The time has come for old models to witness the void
    I'll take Tirion Fordring' s classic appearance any day rather than his updated model *shivers*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is absolutely no need for it to be preserved. There is no reason to continue to waste resources on things that only a very small minority of the playerbase still cares for. Blizzard has always talked about moving forward. Keeping old stuff for the sake of it is not moving forward. That is staying stuck in the past.

Oh, and how will you survive life threatening illnesses like Cancer if you don't get rid of it? How is your life going to preserved if you keep it?
    Every need comes from an individual. Your education and experience has been leading you to not care about preservation, please never forget that some other persons have a different mindset and will do all they can to preserve things they like. Don't compare human creations with biological diseases. You don't want to preserve what is not valuable, why do I have even to state this. Discussion takes too long, ending it, thank you for your time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Preservation isn't going to be much help there. By the time the sun dies, we'll be long gone from the solar system one way or another.

Life has survived without any attempt at preservation just fine for millions of years before we even existed. And CRISPR based technologies are all about directed change.

You know what we call it when something only grows with never letting go of anything? Cancer.
    Nah. If we have a chance to keep going forever, we must do the right thing. We can't let mankind disappear without trying. If you meant that we would just die. We must preserve what is valuable.

But I get that some persons are pessimistic. I'm just as optimistic as it can get for humanity I think that a positive mindset toward humanity is beneficial to humanity.

Otherwise yes by then I think "we" would be long gone from our current solar system.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2018-06-21 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Nah. If we have a chance to keep going forever, we must do the right thing. We can't let mankind disappear without trying.
    And to even survive this century, we're going to have to change. Let go of things. "Trying" inherently involves abandoning failed concepts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And to even survive this century, we're going to have to change. Let go of things. "Trying" inherently involves abandoning failed concepts.
    In this particular case saying that we must change is an understatement, we must really progress and evolve if we want to have a chance to survive the century. but we'll make it, because we have things that we care about