Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    The greatest problem people have with her is when the lore goes in a direction they don't want. For example, saying that Sylvannas act like a villain when they want to hear she's just unjustified, saying that Anduin being good is bad writing because they want him to be bad.
    Any kind of progress will be received with hatred, actually. Especially if the change doesn't make their favorite character or faction look good.
    Like how people say jaina is the worst character every because she hates the horde but the real jaina just wants peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Odd because it doesn't fit (one of the reasons why this expacs story is whack as all hell). A civilization that old which actually peaked 10k years ago wouldn't take part in petty conflicts anyway. But even while participating getting so utterly schooled is even wierder.
    Have you played Warcraft? The night elfs are old but there not advanced they have never been beyond petty conflicts they started fighting with the horde over trees for heavens shake. They got Bush whacked but something new and powerful and are now either supporting the army or fighting in it, it all fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would soldiers in northrend thing he forsaken are not the same? The alliance and the horde worked together for like one zone then went back to war when the forsaken plagued the wrath gate. If any thing the soldiers would think them no different.
    There are Forsaken soldiers and apothecaries working for the Argent Dawn, as well as civilians in Dalaran iirc. There are also the Death Knights, who are undead too. This isn't a question about how the humans view the Forsaken as a political group under Sylvanas or the Horde, but whether or not they would see them as individuals and recognize that their loved ones might still be there inside their zombified selves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you played Warcraft? The night elfs are old but there not advanced they have never been beyond petty conflicts they started fighting with the horde over trees for heavens shake. They got Bush whacked but something new and powerful and are now either supporting the army or fighting in it, it all fits perfectly.
    Of course I have. But honestly there is no point in us arguing this back and forth because niehter your point or mine has a leg to stand on given the flux in wow lore. It is very much a agree to disagree kind of moment.

They didn't just fight over "trees". I mean yea from an orcs point thats how it is but that's not how a druid or sentinel would see it and they are going equal parts of a story.

My point is more thqt 10k years of war with worldly and other worldly forces provides enough experience to not drop your flank and sail to silithus. Which is where they got whitewashed.

The warchief of the horde is a next door neighbor would u really take every ship you own across the world and leave your very flammable home in the defense of explosive Tinkerbell's?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Like how people say jaina is the worst character every because she hates the horde but the real jaina just wants peace...
    Exactly!
    I still remember people bashing Varian for being a warmonger.
    And this during WoD, after the whole MoP thing.

She changed the forsaken lore to fit her agenda.
    Its like she doesn’t reads lore before she makes stupid changes. She went not understanding forsaken for years to finally understand them after she changed things.

This new book is pathetic. She is really pushing the anduin king of everything narrative
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Its like she doesn’t reads lore before she makes stupid changes. She went not understanding forsaken for years to finally understand them after she changed things.

This new book is pathetic. She is really pushing the anduin king of everything narrative
    How exactly did she change the forsaken?
    also "anduin king of everything" i think you forget the alliance have been the good guys since warcraft 1....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattwenny View Post
    My only gripe with what you said is the white boys part. I've met plenty of horribly neck beardy Black dudes and Hispanic dudes in my gaming circles. Thank you for your time.
    I don't think I said anything about "white boys" or anyone else's race or ethnicity? I'm talking about communities or fandoms in general, across the various demographics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think I said anything about "white boys" or anyone else's race or ethnicity? I'm talking about communities or fandoms in general, across the various demographics.
    I think he meant to respond to the post the you had responded to but ended up responding to you instead.

What a lovely circle that is
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattwenny View Post
    My only gripe with what you said is the white boys part. I've met plenty of horribly neck beardy Black dudes and Hispanic dudes in my gaming circles. Thank you for your time.
    You are thinking of this post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    I'm so done with this community. Blizzard staff either die heroes or live long enough to become figureheads; only to get vilified by the Undesirables in the WoW community who'll put the blame for the miserable, empty void inside of them onto the people trying to give them nice things. This is just like the Star Wars community, a bunch of entitled, nerdy, angry white boys who think they own a thing because they like a thing and put their money into it. They need to learn to get off the train without derailing it.
    Aucald responded to it, not saying it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He meant the post above.
    also aucald while i got you here, able to reccomend a "Mention" button on the forums? Cause i much rather mention someone to "poke" them that i responded without having to qoute them, and mentioning is so annoying to do you gotta get the name and the code and... yeah..

You are thinking of this post

Aucald responded to it, not saying it...

- - - Updated - - -

He meant the post above.
    Thank you for your times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    There are Forsaken soldiers and apothecaries working for the Argent Dawn, as well as civilians in Dalaran iirc. There are also the Death Knights, who are undead too. This isn't a question about how the humans view the Forsaken as a political group under Sylvanas or the Horde, but whether or not they would see them as individuals and recognize that their loved ones might still be there inside their zombified selves.
    None of the groups with forsaken in them ever seem to get really chatty with the alliance though. In the argent tournament I can’t remeber any forsaken in the alliance side of the camp.

How exactly did she change the forsaken?
    Sylvanas apparently forbids them from remembering their history, which is in direct contradiction of previous characterisation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post

You didn’t read the new book did you? Anduin goes and asks is allies for help he doesn’t give any kingly orders he at no point shows that he has power over any thing but stormwind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sylvanas apparently forbids them from remembering their history, which is in direct contradiction of previous characterisation.
    Is it though? After people like godfrey she may have changed her ideals because of that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Of course I have. But honestly there is no point in us arguing this back and forth because niehter your point or mine has a leg to stand on given the flux in wow lore. It is very much a agree to disagree kind of moment.

They didn't just fight over "trees". I mean yea from an orcs point thats how it is but that's not how a druid or sentinel would see it and they are going equal parts of a story.

My point is more thqt 10k years of war with worldly and other worldly forces provides enough experience to not drop your flank and sail to silithus. Which is where they got whitewashed.

The warchief of the horde is a next door neighbor would u really take every ship you own across the world and leave your very flammable home in the defense of explosive Tinkerbell's?
    I can’t really think of any point where the night elfs have really been shown in a good light when it comes to the wars they always seen to screw it up and rely on some one else all the way back to Warcraft3.

Is it though? After people like godfrey she may have changed her ideals because of that.
    I have no idea, you can ask her during Hallows End if you want.

None of the groups with forsaken in them ever seem to get really chatty with the alliance though. In the argent tournament I can’t remeber any forsaken in the alliance side of the camp.
    Luckily, the Northrend campaign and the Argent Crusade are only one of the multiple examples I gave. You can rationalize one or two of them away, but there are so many that it's hard to believe it's not common knowledge in Stormwind that the Forsaken aren't the same as the Scourge.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    oh I'm sure it's just 'old god shenanigans' that will explain all the inconsistency, stupid bullshit, and horrible writing.
    That's going to be right alongside HUMAN POTENTIAL, muh survival and Morally for failmemes of Blizzard's Fail Adventure
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Luckily, the Northrend campaign and the Argent Crusade are only one of the multiple examples I gave. You can rationalize one or two of them away, but there are so many that it's hard to believe it's not common knowledge in Stormwind that the Forsaken aren't the same as the Scourge.
    Do you have any examples of them actually interacting though and not just being in the same area? The only ones I can think of end up with them fighting or it’s deathknights not forsaken who arnt the same.