Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Take notes Blizzard - How to design the perfect World PvP expansion

You only need to do a couple things that aren't already in BfA Beta:

1) Create "overpowered" consumables to use in world PvP
    If there is one thing i learned from abusing Saltwater Potion in random BG's is that they do something wonderful to this game.
    What is it?
    They transform "average" classes/specs into amazing classes/specs for 1v1's.
    Game balance is an issue. Is not fun playing a underpowered spec that loses every single 1v1.
    But when you have "overpowered consumables" on the picture this classes that are left behind have a fighting chance!
    This way you transform a "underdog" into a legend in 1v1's.
    Game balance matters very little when you have an overpowered consumable in your pocket.

Saltwater Potion changed my life and something similar would be good for the World PvP of BfA.

2) Make players receive more Conquest Points, the more players they have killed (dont know if this is already implemented)
    You cant expect players to kill 20 other players in the world without giving them a bone/reward.
    The "bounty system" is good and all, but Blizzard is expecting players to do all this work of killing dozen of players and get a bounty on their own heads just for the "fun" of it.
    I think if Blizzard wants to see a lot of players in the world with bounties on their own heads, Blizzard needs to give them a bone.
    If enough players want to get bounties on their own heads...we will create a "Bounty Hunting Community"! Together!

3) Create a World PvP Faction
    Just to keep players subscribed and invested in something for a long time.
    Make every world PvP'er want to have exalted with this faction.
    At least a couple of Month's worth of subscription

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all from me.

Feel free to give some new ideas to be added to the main post. Would greatly appreciate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IDEAS FROM USERS:

Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Something that just came to mind while typing this. Maybe add an elite Mob that PVP flagged players can loot for very tiny rewards but Bounty-marked players would get full Rewards from the enemy?
    This will make PVP in a zone dynamic (As the mob could spawn anywhere), generate conflict (multiply Bounty-marked players in the same area) and lastly, a reward at the end.

The rewards or what that would entail is a different discussion in itself entirely. But yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbleton View Post
    3. My idea still stands from one of your older threads: we need two factions, one for assassins and one for bounty hunters. They don’t even need to be very complex, but that constant progression they could provide could be really cool.

Plus, my idea of having the assassin faction only be accessable when you actually have the bounty would work so well now. It would mean in order to use the vendors and items you would have to travel by foot/ground mount to the assassin base, therefore leading to these tense moments where hunters try to follow the bounty back to their base and just barely miss/fail. You could even have assassins collect “marks” too, in the form of heads/fingers/ears which they can turn into the base, but if they are killed are all dropped on the corpse, upping the risk reward factor, and providing diminishing returns on staying out and about as an assassin for too long.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-06-23 at 04:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The "bounty system" is good and all, but Blizzard is expecting players to do all this work of killing dozen of players and get a bounty on their own heads just for the "fun" of it.
    I think if Blizzard wants to see a lot of players in the world with bounties on their own heads, Blizzard needs to give them a bone.
    I still disagree with this, and I think you're going to feel rewarded enough with power and victims coming to you. The other ideas are pretty solid, and I could imagine there being more quests or achievements for world PVP.

EX: Knock someone off (insert area), kill someone in (insert area), use (insert world mechanic) to kill someone, use (insert world mechanic) to escape world PVP. I imagine "bounty hunt (X) people" and "be an assassin for (x) people" are a good start.

I also like the thought of putting in PVP scenarios / events, something like Stranglethorn Vale fishing, or the Warrior Order Hall, or the Darkmoon Deathmatch. Either instanced or not, but it would be nice to have some instanced ones (like in WoD Gladiator stuff).
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-06-22 at 11:13 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

I never got the bloodthirsty title despite going all the way to rank 14 in vanilla because i was a healer for most of it and you didnt get credit for kills if you healed. How about they fix that one of these days.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I never got the bloodthirsty title despite going all the way to rank 14 in vanilla because i was a healer for most of it and you didnt get credit for kills if you healed. How about they fix that one of these days.
    honorable kills are not killing blows, you dont have to last hit
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Partial credit for healing the person who kills someone? *shrug* Don't think a healer should get full credit outside of instanced "fair" setups.

Hm, and ditto what the above poster said about your title goal, you're going after HK's not KB's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    I still disagree with this, and I think you're going to feel rewarded enough with power and victims coming to you.
    Yeah, its just me having lack of faith on this one.
    I have little faith there will be enough people with bounties on their own heads to create a "Bounty Hunting Community" aka the "Good Guys".

Only time will tell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yeah, its just me having lack of faith on this one.
    I have little faith there will be enough people with bounties on their own heads to create a "Bounty Hunting Community" aka the "Good Guys".

Only time will tell
    Would be a nice place for a weekly quest / calendar event / occasional bonuses (like LFR bags but some other way).

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    honorable kills are not killing blows, you dont have to last hit
    I dont hit at ALL because i was healing! And i should have gotten some sort of recognition for all of that healing because it affects the entire BG. But nope, just dps gets credit And then OP wants MORE rewards for number of kills ugh terrible
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I dont hit at ALL because i was healing! And i should have gotten some sort of recognition for all of that healing because it affects the entire BG. But nope, just dps gets credit And then OP wants MORE rewards for number of kills ugh terrible
    In BG's you got the HK whenever you were in range, from the introduction of BG's into the game, sorry I don't buy your story of the sad healer that didn't get anything, unless you were hiding in africa far away from everything that is, but then again in that case you don't deserve anything

You can't have perfect wow pvper because it is and will always be a tack on until you redesign the engine around it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    didn't we just have another topic like this? i thought it got locked.

OP: Blizz don't read these forums, go post on the official ones

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    You can't have perfect wow pvper because it is and will always be a tack on until you redesign the engine around it.
    Pretty much this, PVP in WoW was pretty much tacked on, in other words an after thought.. Compare that to games like Eve Online, Fortnite, PUBG and Mechwarrior Online they were designed with PVP in mind..

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    "Perfect World PvP"

Step 1: Don't be a EQ-styled loot n' levels MMO. There will never be one of these with good world PvP.

Step 2: Be classic Ultima Online with its dangerous world design with consequences, non-instanced content, corpse looting, bounty hunting, stealing and guild wars. I don't want to "PvP" like its a tack on system, I want to be a wanted murderer for profit with a thieves den.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-06-23 at 11:05 AM.

Or you could you know... play one of the pvp games instead? Why do you feel the need to propose changes to WoW? Every couple days you post a "muh world pvp" post, let it go dude.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Best world PvPer
    Legend
    Has to use over power potion to compete.

Once the game is gone.. what are you too the world.

Neither a legend ( I’ve never heard of you) nor a great world PvPer.

Deleted
    Wouldn't the consumable idea just make already powerful classes even more powerful? You know since they have better toolkits to begin with they're better at utilizing it. Furthermore deciding the winner by consumables sounds extremely lame and even frustrating

Deleted
    The 'I want world pvp' people are even more obnoxious than the 'I don't want flying' people.

4) Write the post on the official forums so they can actually see the ideas

Did you just name yourself a legend and the world's best PvPer?

And what stops the OP classes/specs from using OP consumables? Your ideas are garbage.