Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    No. I mean the stuff that got released was not thought through and sloppily executed, or in the case of WoD: bugged to the boot. Or classed left in an unplayable state like warlocks and disc priests.
    so you mean how in wotlk death kinights were insanely powerful?
    how spells and specs launched that were useless
    remember how all classes in wow had 1 spec that was useful and it was rare to find one with 2, and literally not a single class had all 3 good
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    They are, but the way Overwatch does loot boxes is to pay for it's content, which is unlike what games like CoD or Battlefront do. There is no Overwatch 2 coming next year, there is just a platform that keeps getting free content.
    It still doesn't excuse the way they handle this stuff, though. A dumpster's still a dumpster even if the other dumpsters around it are on fire. Honestly if it weren't for the seasonal events Overwatch would probably have a pretty reasonable microtransaction model, but it's very clear that Blizzard as a company make a large amount of business decisions that compromise the end user experience in the name of more (and more, and more) money.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    .......what?

Overwatch is the first Blizzard game to have "loot boxes", and by the time Overwatch was released, "loot boxes" were already a very common thing.
    They were not the first game to introduce the concept but they were the first game to reap ludicrous rewards from it, publicly and openly, pushing it far into the AAA business spotlight. Prior to 2016 lootbox systems primarily existed in mobile games, sports games, and a scattered handful of PC titles. It was mainly in 2017, after Overwatch's immense success with the model, that we saw big release after big release launch with lootbox mechanics in place. There's no single culprit responsible, but Overwatch was the game that blew loot boxes up, nailed a lot of the gambling-adjacent techniques of applying psychological pressure, and made them the hot new business trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Because people like "me" actually want a proper product for the $$$ they are spending? The audacity...

- - - Updated - - -

I think they have been experimenting with that for a while now. How low can we go until people stop spending time and money.

Over are the times when Blizzard actually wanted to make a good product first and foremost. Yeah, I know, here comes the "it's a business"-yada yada.

It's only a business if you actually have a product tho. Otherwise it's a scam. And that's where Blizzard is headed
    couldnt agree more, you can see the quality in expansions go down since mists at the very least unless you want to argue cata...even though there was massive change...i wouldn't debate you on it....

I would love if expansions lasted until the story was fleshed out, if they gave complete quality over rushing through story trying to see how much they can make i would never have stopped playing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    remember how all classes in wow had 1 spec that was useful and it was rare to find one with 2, and literally not a single class had all 3 good
    death knights being insanely powerful in their actual expansion is not sloppy execution, they tuned it for MONTHS if not YEARS on end....then they nerfed the hell out of them as soon as they possibly could thanks to crybabies like you lol

- - - Updated - - -

and omg dude 13,000 posts in one year, that boils down to 30 a day, you gotta get a life dude...lol
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

5+ Year Old Account
    this is not new at all, blizzard has allways released the product unfinished.
    blizzard themselves admitted vanilla wow had no raids at launch, literally the last week before launch they added molten core, 1 week (and it shows, literally 1 unique model, and horrid mechanics)
    like seriously vanilla was gunna have no raids at launch until 1 week before its launch.
    it also was planned to have necromancers, demon hunters, and outland but guess what they rushed it out the door andn ever added those.
    BC aparently had a fair amount of stuff cut, but blizzard has never said exactly what was other pandaren were supposed to be alliance race instead of draenei.
    WoTlk LITERALLY SHIPPED WITH "ARIEL PVP COMBAT" ON THE BOX BUT IT STILL IS NOT IN THE GAME, WTF BLIZZ
    cataclysm path of titans- do i need to keep giving more example?
    wow has allways shipped "hey this is not in or this is broken, we will do this later"
    About BC specifically, I once read somewhere that the Mag's Lair raid was going to be much bigger, more akin to what you see during the WC3:TFT campaign. Ditto for Gruul's Lair, which was first planned to lay in Nagrand instead of BEM. The Mt. Hyjal raid was a last minute "asspull", because devs had originally planned a sort of "Lower Karazhan", whose entrance was supposed to be located on those subterranean areas near Kara's main gate. It was a most interesting read

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    couldnt agree more, you can see the quality in expansions go down since mists at the very least unless you want to argue cata...even though there was massive change...i wouldn't debate you on it....

I would love if expansions lasted until the story was fleshed out, if they gave complete quality over rushing through story trying to see how much they can make i would never have stopped playing

- - - Updated - - -

death knights being insanely powerful in their actual expansion is not sloppy execution, they tuned it for MONTHS if not YEARS on end....then they nerfed the hell out of them as soon as they possibly could thanks to crybabies like you lol

- - - Updated - - -

and omg dude 13,000 posts in one year, that boils down to 30 a day, you gotta get a life dude...lol
    uhhh what are you seriously saying death knights allowing for you to have 10 people in arenas was not overpowered?
    or how death knights could solo literally any class was not op?
    or how they literally could solo tank most bosses where you needed 2?

uhhh what are you seriously saying death knights allowing for you to have 10 people in arenas was not overpowered?
    or how death knights could solo literally any class was not op?
    or how they literally could solo tank most bosses where you needed 2?
    you mean 10 people in battleground? and wow a dk could SOLO another class....how dare they be able to beat someone straight up in 1v1 matchup....THE MADNESS!!!! lol

and the solo tanking of most bosses where you needed two did NOT happen when they first came out, stop trying to embellish so your points are valid when in fact they are not....

my god, have some common sense....
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

7+ Year Old Account
    This attitude was dropped a long time ago. It was quite clear some years ago, especially when it came to them making new games like SC2 and D3, but with Wow and its expansions, im not sure this has been the work attitude besides on TBC and maybe Wrath.

Nowadays, they are clearly putting up a launch date way too early and are cutting big corners everywhere.... This really makes me think how good some expansions could have been if they just pushed the expansions enough months to grant them a surprising amount of content and actually create breathtaking experienceses.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Couldn't agree more, this game WAS AMAZING with how much care they put into this game before they were bought then all the sudden they started getting this "desire" coughmoneycough to put shit out faster when they really don't understand that the unsilent majority of this game will always spend more on QUALITY and stay longer than if they feel they are being fed shit just so some company can make it's quarterly projections....quality ALWAYS beats quantity.
    Then you must not have been around for Vanilla through WotlK. So many bug and broken shit on those release that were fixed afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You're being dramatic.

Classes overall are fine.

Could they be better? Always.
    If for every person that says classes are fine 10 people say they are not fine, they probably are not fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    I really wish that BFA had another month or two of development. It NEEDS it.
    Another month? They could use another year. Here's another bug I just found: I'm doing quests in Kennings Lodge in Tiragarde Sound. I died to an idiot bear from fifteen zones away. I found myself in the Staghelm Point graveyard (or whatever it's called - Staghelm something). I went back to my corpse, which was...

Right next to the Kennings Lodge graveyard.

I'm serious. I could have poked the Kennings Lodge Spirit Healer from where my body was. And yet, I end up in a graveyard far away.

I've never seen an expansion with this many bugs in it, this close to release. Add in the horrible Alliance side story, and the complete inability of Blizzard to balance damage (there's a quest mob in Vol'dun that has more health and takes longer to kill than most of the rares currently in the game), and you've got a recipe for disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Then you must not have been around for Vanilla through WotlK. So many bug and broken shit on those release that were fixed afterwards.
    Ummm... No. Nowhere near the level of bugs this thing has. I played through BC and Wrath from the day of release and there was nowhere near this level of junk.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

There is a bell curve for how long the player base can wait versus quality of next expansion 3 years to long, the game almost dies. 1 year is far to short, the quality is bad. 2 years is a good medium high point that lets people level and experience the new expansion while allowing 8.0.5 to fix thing that would have been in beta. Whereas somewhere between .0.5 and .1.0 would be the tip of the curve (about 3-6 months assuming they had released more content between .3.5 and 8.0).
    Generally speaking, two years appears to be ideal for gaming in general.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    BFA itself is an experiment into how little resources/assets can go in a full price WoW expansion.
    I do love when people make up utter bullshit like this to try and pretend like they have an actual grievance.

15+ Year Old Account
    All the drama about a new expansion every year. I love this forum arround that time xD

The only thing different now is that Blizzard openly admitted that some specs are unfinished after expansion release.
    Try to name an expansion where at least a few specs are clearly in dire need of buffs / nerfs.

Case in point: Dk's, you can't compare 3.0 Dk's to 3.3 Dk's.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This attitude was dropped a long time ago. It was quite clear some years ago, especially when it came to them making new games like SC2 and D3, but with Wow and its expansions, im not sure this has been the work attitude besides on TBC and maybe Wrath.

Nowadays, they are clearly putting up a launch date way too early and are cutting big corners everywhere.... This really makes me think how good some expansions could have been if they just pushed the expansions enough months to grant them a surprising amount of content and actually create breathtaking experienceses.
    could say the same thing for vanilla when they cut the 60-70 leveling, and all the OL/NR stuff out. But hey, just lazy devs amirite?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game is pretty ready for release, few bugs here and there on the beta but it is fine enough.

Remember, there are always patches to change things around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    All the drama about a new expansion every year. I love this forum arround that time xD
    Every year? what? they usually add a xpack every 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Another month? They could use another year. Here's another bug I just found: I'm doing quests in Kennings Lodge in Tiragarde Sound. I died to an idiot bear from fifteen zones away. I found myself in the Staghelm Point graveyard (or whatever it's called - Staghelm something). I went back to my corpse, which was...

Right next to the Kennings Lodge graveyard.

I'm serious. I could have poked the Kennings Lodge Spirit Healer from where my body was. And yet, I end up in a graveyard far away.

I've never seen an expansion with this many bugs in it, this close to release. Add in the horrible Alliance side story, and the complete inability of Blizzard to balance damage (there's a quest mob in Vol'dun that has more health and takes longer to kill than most of the rares currently in the game), and you've got a recipe for disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm... No. Nowhere near the level of bugs this thing has. I played through BC and Wrath from the day of release and there was nowhere near this level of junk.
    Raids were broken, mobs stayed stuck in the ground for years after launch, bugs all over the pace. The amount now compared to then is minuscule.

7+ Year Old Account
    you mean 10 people in battleground? and wow a dk could SOLO another class....how dare they be able to beat someone straight up in 1v1 matchup....THE MADNESS!!!! lol

and the solo tanking of most bosses where you needed two did NOT happen when they first came out, stop trying to embellish so your points are valid when in fact they are not....

my god, have some common sense....
    no, 10 people in arena's you must be new to the game, when dks first got added they were able to rez someone in an arena into a ghoul that could fight for 5 minutes, os if you did 5v5 and brought 5 dks you could 5 dks then 5 ghouls. (well actually 4 ghouls but yeah) it was very cool and very strong, like insanely strong, eventually removed from Areans as you can see
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Raise_Ally

Do some research before you scream.
    and no they were literlaly GARUNTEED to win 1v1, i was 11 and i was able to slaughter people in full nax gear while i was in heroic dungeon gear

yes, they actually did, they were VERY, VERY, VERY powerful. Looking for some videos talking about it now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    could say the same thing for vanilla when they cut the 60-70 leveling, and all the OL/NR stuff out. But hey, just lazy devs amirite?
    There is a big difference between cutting stuff, having lacking balance yet delivering a clearly finished product that fills the time for most of the players, and then getting a game, that was clearly rushed and cleaned out of life-extending content.

Its pretty much the difference between Wrath, where things were cut, but everything still held on its own, even the naxx raid, and then having WoD, where it felt like many aspects of the game was just missing.

Edit: And it really has nothing to do with lazyness on the dev teams part, just the goal set by the higher ops and the targeted launch date being so strict.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.