Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Which is why the appeal system is in place.

If someone actually violated the Terms, the ban is upheld.

If they didn't, it gets lifted.

To get it appealed, you need to spam the GM's otherwise they will not respond, and keep sending you the same automated message.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

"what kind of proof do you want exactly? its not my fault im one of the most famous players on my server i haven't done anything wrong"

https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Ment.../Schizophrenia

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Which is why the appeal system is in place.

If someone actually violated the Terms, the ban is upheld.

If they didn't, it gets lifted.
    A guilty until proven innocent system isn't exactly a great way of handling things, especially not given the response times GM tickets sometimes have. What a large influx of reports should do is flag a player's account for GM attention, whereupon an actually human being can look into what happened and take appropriate disciplinary measures rather than letting an automated system handle it. This works both ways as well. There are times at which players will be conducting themselves in a way that should earn them a ban, but all the present system will do is give them a minor infraction. No matter how you slice it, it's deeply flawed. The only positive is that punishments can be doled out much more quickly this way, but in a game where we have access to an ignore function (which I believe gets activated automatically if you report someone) I don't think this is enough to justify people getting forcibly silenced by mob rule. Lets accept this for what it is -- a money saving strategy for Blizzard to outsource their customer support to technology that isn't yet up to the task of taking the place of human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    unjustified = people asking them to report you
    justified = people reporting you without telling others to report you

what don't you understand about something so very basic

if you don't like what somebody says in blizzard's eyes no matter what the person said even if its something like "Hello" or "lisa needs bracers" its a justified report

in my own tickets the ones i've posted GM's even repeat over and over again the "Community" decides not the ToS

i feel like im going to have a seizure talking to players like you who keep trying to mislead people
    if i said something that breached the ToS i would not have any argument and the GM would have no issue showing it to me
    You don't have any leg to stand on; as I said, the tos says they can ban you for any reason at any time, or even no reason at all. In turn, you have the right to not pay them money.

You're trying to argue from a position that doesn't exist. You say you aren't breaking the tos so you shouldn't be banned, but that is an fallacy of cause and effect here. They can ban you for any reason, and the reason they are telling you is because the people who have to share the channel with you don't want to there, and that you should stop antagonizing. As a result of your continued inability to accept that this is the reality, you continue to do the same thing and expect a different outcome with no other changing factors (or perhaps you don't expect a different out one and just do it to protest or something). Regardless of which it is, the outcome is the same and will continue to be the same forever into the future until you change.

Blizzard is never going to give up their right to ban you without reason or consequence, so your only options are to comply with requests to change, put up with being silenced, or stop paying them money. You have potentially already destroyed the first option for yourself beside staying out of public channels altogether by continuing to annoy people to the point that they report you on sight, so your options are functionally self-induced silence, mandatory silence, or see you later wow.

TLR; You done goofed, live with it... Or don't.

Deleted
    WTF is going on here. Of course the report system is automated because not only is that the most efficient way of handling it, but probably the only reasonable way to handle it.

Blizzard has decided that players are free to moderate public channels as they want, which in my personal opinion is bad choice, but I have to add that if you don't like it, you are not forced to use it. It's pretty obvious from your posts that people don't want to hear your shit in public channels.

What comes to your useless rant about how you are not breaking ToS - it doesn't matter at all. You fail to realize that you are not banned. That doesn't mean you can't be muted because people don't want to hear you talk in chat.

ps. I don't understand why you are so proud about being annoying to other people. Gz for your achievement but sadly blizzard gave tools for those people to stop you.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have been silenced for pulling a boss and saying cya to a raid group in /say before zoning out. The only factor in getting silenced is how many reports, not what you say.

It also doesn't help almost all the CS people who deal with tickets are native Chinese with English as a second language and as such sometimes the tickets come across as if they were written by 10 years olds. They also are obviously told they shouldn't unban unless it is under certain circumstances and that maintaining a ban is the go to option in any situation.

Calling someone bad or a guild bad is not harassment. Not using trade chat specifically for trading is not an Offense. In fact there is no offense committed. Its just an abuse of a bad system that for some reason people like to circle jerk as a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    You're free to say what you want in private chats, but keep it out of channels that are not private such as /say, /yell, Trade, and General chat.
    I wonder if this includes custom chat channels or just whispers

Does "You're free to say what you want in private chats" really mean I can say what I want? Because sometimes people whisper me very rude things "shut the fuck up" mostly and I usually report them buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut if I can "say what you want" in private chats I would probably hit them withe the most toxic spirit bomb reply ever lol. I would look forward to those moments so I could harness all of my 12 year old power and focus it into a CoD worthy response.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2018-06-24 at 09:29 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    stop being so ignorant.... zero silence reports are reviewed unless an appeal is made
    Your own screenshot indicates otherwise. There is a difference between temporary silence and permanent (longer) silence. One is automatic to quickly stop a bad situation and the other is applied depending on the outcome of the GM review. Oddly enough I've seen players get around the permanent/longer silence by using raid warnings in an Ashran.

This is likely why the comment was edited out. To stop the ignorant people from raging on about how temporary silences are automatic so the blue must have lied.

- - - Updated - - -

have you heard of Leroy Jenkins? i said on my "server" now in the world or anything crazy
    What exactly are you trying to prove by posting an image that has someone saying if you say Daish you get 2k gold. Of course people will spam the name.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I was banned for a long ass time back in mop. After sending around 600+ herbs from my main to an alt. Got a email saying i was abusing the economy or some shit like that. I called blizzard and got my ban revoked in less than 20 min since i realized i was banned. They had got a lot of calls that day about the same thing. it was their automated mail scanner thing that hooked a lot of people and automatically banned them. The phone rep said this. Word by word. So there are a lot of automated systems in place where no GM looks through stuff. Silence in chat is more than likely one of them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    It saddens me it's gotten to this point. I miss old internet. I just want to go back...
    If we could have gone back in time and made sure facebook and twitter never happened, maybe reddit. The entire world would have been a better place today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    In the past people have tested this by having others mass report them and they've been silenced within moments. Unless something's been changed it seems fairly obvious that the silence system is automated and open to abuse. Ythisens was probably just mistaken when he first posted.
    he was pointing out that its automated to stop people from spamming right away, but then later checked by a Gm.
    would you rather the person be able to keep spamming for up to 24 hours? or silenced until a Gm can check whats going on.

again this is not news, we have known this for months but people who troll then get silenced cry about it saying they are innocent, its just like the hackers and cheaters "ITS AUTOMATED IM INNOCENT I WAS FRAMED!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Your own screenshot indicates otherwise. There is a difference between temporary silence and permanent (longer) silence. One is automatic to quickly stop a bad situation and the other is applied depending on the outcome of the GM review.
    I thought that too! I even started a thread on the official forums asking how long it would take for a GM to review, but I've been silenced since the 10th of this month

and I still get

So I think it's safe to assume there will be no GM review lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

so does this mean, if someone whispers me to get cancer and die irl, i need 9 other people to punish him?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he was pointing out that its automated to stop people from spamming right away, but then later checked by a Gm.
    would you rather the person be able to keep spamming for up to 24 hours?
    Yes, because chat filters repeated spam by default and the ignore feature (which, again, is incorporated into sending a report) can be used if people are causing problems. Players already have all the tools necessary to deal with troublemakers until GMs can get involved without the need for an additional layer of easily-abused protection on top of that. If the ignore functionality didn't exist there'd be a decent argument to be made here, but as it stands it's just an invitation for chat to be policed by mob rule.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    so does this mean, if someone whispers me to get cancer and die irl, i need 9 other people to punish him?
    No you can report it. Unless 9 other people report him, he won't be silenced right away. But a gm will check the message and silence them eventually.

They are checked by GMs always have always will. But if a bunch of people report at once an automated silence kicks in to stop the possible trouble maker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I thought that too! I even started a thread on the official forums asking how long it would take for a GM to review, but I've been silenced since the 10th of this month

and I still get

So I think it's safe to assume there will be no GM review lol.
    And how are we not sure you didn't actually be a massive troll and got silenced rightfully so?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And how are we not sure you didn't actually be a massive troll and got silenced rightfully so?
    I never troll, I get silenced because I'm a dirty boy and can't help myself But I'm not arguing whether or not I deserved to get silenced, 99.99% of the time I do deserve to be silenced, I'm just saying that the message you get is misleading. I assumed before that "temporarily suspended pending Game Master review" didn't mean I was silenced it meant I said something people had a problem with and a GM would look to see if I should be silenced or not, when in fact I was already silenced and that's just the default message. It would be nice if there was a "Nah bro u dun goofed and gotten silenced" message.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Daish anybody that has read your posts and your cancerous facebook page knows you deserve any bans you get. You'll be getting banned in classic as well.
    And people say that the community doesn't care about the behaviour of individuals anymore.

Whilst I'm 100% convinced now that even such serious things as suspensions are 100% automated, it's still a matter of having some self-awareness.

Bloody hell its Daish. I remember you spamming 'Daish Daish Daish' in Shattrath in BC and complaining when you'd get silenced/banned/whatever from that. That said I know for a fact that there are people who report as soon as they see that name or any variant of it. So I guess you are getting fraudulent reports but you have been making an effort to rile people up for at least as long as I have been playing so there is a chance you deserve it.

It is automated, but when it's automated they call it 'squelching' which has the same effect 'until a gm reviews it' which is basically only if you ticket it. I've never heard of a silence being removed on its own outside of timing out or a ticket, so the lie of 'silences only happen after review' is really false since because being 'squelched' has the same effect as being silenced.

Nerdpuncher also confirms that if a community 'doesn't like you' or 'doesn't like something you do' they can target you with reports even if you don't break rules, IE targetted harassment and Blizzard is A-OK with it since it's the majority over the minority.
    Last edited by Ahlae; 2018-06-25 at 08:32 AM.

I mean you have to know that anyone who has been on Barth a long time knows of you, and its not a meme its an active effort to turn yourself into a server celebrity by being obnoxious, for literally years now. I report as soon as I see the name, as do a good half dozen other blokes I can think of. Dropping c bombs in trade or whatever other nonsense and hiding behind 'I'm an Aussie its different'. I'm an Aussie too, it isn't. You are playing the 'dindu nuffin' card but I've seen you being deliberately annoying, many times, over many years. Name change or deal with the rep you built yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea that being a persistent troll for years to the point you have a well deserved ill reputation, that you double down on by continuing to be obnoxious doesn't factor in at all here. Its not targeted harassment its the gaming equivalent of 'oh not this guy again'. Just the fact that he is still earning fair cop reports should tell you straight up that there is a good reason for the 'targeted harassment' as Ahlae so melodramatically puts it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpuncher View Post
    I mean you have to know that anyone who has been on Barth a long time knows of you, and its not a meme its an active effort to turn yourself into a server celebrity by being obnoxious, for literally years now. I report as soon as I see the name, as do a good half dozen other blokes I can think of. Dropping c bombs in trade or whatever other nonsense and hiding behind 'I'm an Aussie its different'. I'm an Aussie too, it isn't. You are playing the 'dindu nuffin' card but I've seen you being deliberately annoying, many times, over many years. Name change or deal with the rep you built yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea that being a persistent troll for years to the point you have a well deserved ill reputation, that you double down on by continuing to be obnoxious doesn't factor in at all here. Its not targeted harassment its the gaming equivalent of 'oh not this guy again'. Just the fact that he is still earning fair cop reports should tell you straight up that there is a good reason for the 'targeted harassment' as Ahlae so melodramatically puts it.
    Being annoying shouldn't really be a punishable offence that is kinda how you get the redicoulsy overreaching overwatch levels of bullshitery moderation.

If someones being annoying the ignore function should be used. I'm not a fan of mob rules.