Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Forum Man is my favorite man. mmo champ threads, please, never change.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Thank you! Someone actually gets it!

This poster right here is EXACTLY why people should pay less attention to who's saying something, and pay more attention to what's being said.

People might legitimately hate Preach for whatever reason, but in this case he's making some extremely reasonable points about the subject.

Skip past the first 12-13 minutes of snark and watch the last 5 minutes where he starts actually discussing the topic seriously.
    Or I could form my own opinion without having to precisely time when a Youtuber full of himself actually starts talking about the topic at hand. It's not like Preach has more M+ experience than I do.

Wow, I wonder who's alt account this is?

10+ Year Old Account
    All these people hating on preach are just plebs. Preach is just passionate about the game and doesn't like seeing it going in the wrong direction or getting worse. All these popular youtubers and streamers talk shit about the game because they love the game and they want Blizz to do better. When preach made his channel it was purely for wow and to help casuals do better and understand their classes a little bit better. Of course he's not the best player. He literally plays every class and spec and tries to help others understand them better. He's entertaining, passionate, and just wants the game to succeed. Without wow he's have far less people following him. he's starting to branch off a bit because he knows wow is in a rough state and wants to have a backup plan because he has a family and mouths to feed. There's nothing wrong with that.

Preach just turns me off big time man, I just find a fat and bald middle-aged dude preaching and ranting over a video game all day long incredibly nauseating.

have been playing this game since vanilla.
    who the fuck is Preach and why the fuck should I care? Wth is this shit? who the fuck watches these people that you gain nothing by watching them?

Gahh back in the day we would watch videos of kick-ass pvpers editing their videos with heavy metal going on. even if you didnt see any sick moves you would still enjoy the crit numbers + heavy metal clip.

this is what people should watch not some whiny ass.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    So Preach shares his thoughts about the M+ changes in this video, discussion starting at around 12:00.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, this change makes only sense if blizz TRULY balances M+ and the classes or else in bfa the same happens what is currently happening in legion.
    Who gives a shit about what a whiney bitch like preach thinks? The guy is far from an expert, if anything he caters to other miserable, whiney bitches who have nothing better to do than cry about changes in a video game
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Or I could form my own opinion without having to precisely time when a Youtuber full of himself actually starts talking about the topic at hand. It's not like Preach has more M+ experience than I do.
    Congratulations! You missed the point entirely.

God I hate this place sometimes.

It doesn't matter who said it. You, me, him, whatever. The point is that what's being said in the video is accurate, and illustrates why removing gear swapping doesn't actually make as much sense as Ion says it does.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-06-27 at 05:04 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Preach just turns me off big time man, I just find a fat and bald middle-aged dude preaching and ranting over a video game all day long incredibly nauseating.
    Literal Webster level definition of Preach. The guy needs to step outside of his delusions and realize he knows nothing about anything whatsoever
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Guess he could just install BigWigs.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-06-27 at 05:07 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gr- View Post
    All these people hating on preach are just plebs. Preach is just passionate about the game and doesn't like seeing it going in the wrong direction or getting worse. All these popular youtubers and streamers talk shit about the game because they love the game and they want Blizz to do better. When preach made his channel it was purely for wow and to help casuals do better and understand their classes a little bit better. Of course he's not the best player. He literally plays every class and spec and tries to help others understand them better. He's entertaining, passionate, and just wants the game to succeed. Without wow he's have far less people following him. he's starting to branch off a bit because he knows wow is in a rough state and wants to have a backup plan because he has a family and mouths to feed. There's nothing wrong with that.
    He tried to beach out back near the start of legion and failed he plays wow because it’s what makes his money not because he loves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    He tried to beach out back near the start of legion and failed he plays wow because it’s what makes his money not because he loves it.
    Of course it can't be both. He's played the game for years and years it's not like he plays it because it makes him money entirely. He plays it because he has a history in the game and loves it. He plays it because that's what he started on his channel doing and what he want's to continue to do. It's so easy to see imo. He could easily do other things, lose his wow audience and gain variety audience from other games, but he plays it still because he still likes to play it. I just feel like hes growing away from it a little because of what blizzard is doing to it, not because he doesn't love the game and the memories hes had with the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    blizz is right with item swapping

it doesn't make sense and it's not fun, essentially it's a small pause to the action to drag something from the inventory tab to the character tab

Do you have any clue what you are talking about? You come into a thread about a preach video in which he SHOWS how to GEARSWAP.
    So you have no idea what he is talking about in that video. And you have no idea how to gearswap. Why do you think you should have an opinion then?
    I think you should stay in the petbattles and lfr threads.
    I can tell you why this change is bad.
    1. It removes options again.
    2. It will hurt some classes doing high keys.
    3. In MDI you will see even less classes due to this change.

Why do they even make this change? I dont know. I highly doubt more than 5% of the players try to push high keys. Why bother with such a stupid change? Fix the classes and dont delete the bandaids for them.
    This will will force people to either reroll or quit. As preach said already 6 of his friends quit. GJ blizzard

It never really occurred to me to switch gear in M+, so no skin off my teeth. However, even as someone who don't run higher-end keystones (and probably never will) I can sympathize with the players this change will actually affect.

Really, he brought up a lot of good points I wholeheartedly agree with here. I don't get why there's so much vitriol just because it's Preach who said it. Besides, he's decent enough and an all-around good egg; he doesn't have that "WoW should be like this and cater to me! No casuals allowed!" attitude like other content creators have. That and his Drama Time series is fun.

(Ghost is infinite garbage, though)
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-06-27 at 06:39 AM.

Could you all stop making posts about Preach?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    At this point he just mocking mmo-champion/general forum posts.
    That's literally what the video was but I'm guessing most of them didn't get it

I dont really care about preach but the points in the video are valid. Unfortunately as long as blizzard treats an entire m+ dungeon as a single raid encounter we will have to play by their stupidity. They dumb down the highest level of content then wonder why nobody bothers being competitive in WoW. Cant wait for MDI 3 where the meta will be dk/druid/ww x3.

Most of all, i honestly feel bad for people who are currently playing classes without immunities or proper mitigation, because at least until now they could swap around some gear and still be fairly viable, but once bfa m+ starts picking up speed, you can forget bringing these specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    People are perfectly entitled to want a change in a part of the game they don't participate in.

"I would participate if X, Y, Z feature was gone".

Maybe people want to go into high keys, but cant be arsed with the gear swapping, or maybe they just think it's unhealthy. Maybe a solely Pet Collector doesn't like the idea of Mythic Raiders split raiding, he is totally entitled to his opinion and the ability to voice it. It is up to Blizzard, not us, to weight whether his opinion is just as valid or not.

Lastly, we really need to stop the "preach had an opinion, let's discuss" threads.

Edit: PS. For people who say it's optional, it is an advantage. Eg. Let's say you want to be a no split farm world first guild competitor, you are at a huge disadvantage if you don't. You do it because you have to if you want to be on the cutting edge.
    dont be mean - let him continiue to post links to his video under false aliases - he is just trying to make a living out of dying game since nobody watches his other videos and streams of other games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Could you all stop making posts about Preach?
    you should ask him to stop linking it then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Gr- View Post
    Of course it can't be both. He's played the game for years and years it's not like he plays it because it makes him money entirely. He plays it because he has a history in the game and loves it. He plays it because that's what he started on his channel doing and what he want's to continue to do. It's so easy to see imo. He could easily do other things, lose his wow audience and gain variety audience from other games, but he plays it still because he still likes to play it. I just feel like hes growing away from it a little because of what blizzard is doing to it, not because he doesn't love the game and the memories hes had with the game.
    ye sure - just watch how few views he has for other games and other games streams - its extremly low compared to his wow videos.

he cant stop playing it even if he wanted - wow is what is putting food on his table

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach is allraight in my book. He is not near the absolute top amongst xyz class but he is still many many many leauges better than 99.99999% of mmo champion.

Don't always agree with him on every issue, but mostly I do, or atleast I understand his point of view.

No offence to the many plebs here, but raiding mythic; raiding in top 100 m guilds, getting legit rank 1s during progress and w/o any bullshit or cheese.
    There is not alot of people who does/have done this. Suprisingly few actually.
    Try to keep that in mind If you think he is a worse player than you.

Also keep in mind this game is mythic mode > Huge gap in difficulity > various brown shades of easy mode.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2018-06-27 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't know, gameplay aside, having different sets of gear and spells at your disposal is the most RPG thing there is. Every time you play a classic RPG you always need to consider what you need to bring to your adventure.
    Ya but in classic RPG's you can't just wear higher item level gear, for the most part your options are typically limited, they're not things like "this gear = I've completely removed the danger of this/trivialized this encounter". I think people are missing the point that M+ wasn't really bring back that classic rpg element with different gear sets, the artifact system and Legendary for ever slot experiment just wasn't a good one and resulted in gameplay experiences that weren't really intended.