Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    So I am reading Before the Storm right now, litterally, my kindle app is on an other tab right now. And I can't help but notice how there seem to be some obvious last minute corrections in the text, especially to fix some potential retcons.

I was just read the part where Sylvanas' mage opens a portal for Magni to Desolace where she describe Desolace as an ugly dead land. But didn't the cataclysm brought life back to the place?

There was no correction there, because it's not really important and could simply be described as an opinion rather than fact.

But earlier we can read about how she don't really like the Tauren for being so peaceful, describing them as the ultimate good guys, simply to add at the end: except for Pandarans. Why did Christie write a whole paragraph about Taurens being peaceful and all if having Pandarans make them no longer special. The last part felt so much patched on, like someone at Blizzard read the thing and brought them up, so she added the line to not have to find a different approach.

Did anyone else notice this?

I'd tell you to read a book......but it doesn't look like it's helping

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This isn't a thread about Sylvanas or unrelated YouTube videos - let's return to the actual topic at hand.
    Holy crap, screenshot saved. Did we all just witness a mod doing some actual mod'n? That's like catching a mystical unicorn or finding a pot of gold. I shall remember this day until my last.

But in all seriousness, thank you for shutting down the childrens attempt to derail the thread. Folks need to learn how to have civil conversations instead of just throwing insults left and right. And as far as Golden goes, she does the writing yes...but blizzard 100% gives her a rough outline of what she can/cannot do. So for those QQ'n over the direction Golden is taking things...no, it's the direction Blizzard is taking things.
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Holy crap, screenshot saved. Did we all just witness a mod doing some actual mod'n? That's like catching a mystical unicorn or finding a pot of gold. I shall remember this day until my last.

But in all seriousness, thank you for shutting down the childrens attempt to derail the thread. Folks need to learn how to have civil conversations instead of just throwing insults left and right. And as far as Golden goes, she does the writing yes...but blizzard 100% gives her a rough outline of what she can/cannot do. So for those QQ'n over the direction Golden is taking things...no, it's the direction Blizzard is taking things.
    All threads shall belong to the Banshee Queen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I consider the books to be non-canon, as much as Blizz likes to disagree. So she can (poorly) write to her heart's content but it doesn't affect me. If it didn't happen in the game, it didn't happen.
    Pretty safe to think that way anyway as 99% of the time stuff in the books is completely irrelevant to the game. Like this book adding that Forsaken faction that's just killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Pretty safe to think that way anyway as 99% of the time stuff in the books is completely irrelevant to the game. Like this book adding that Forsaken faction that's just killed off.
    pretty sure the desolate council wasn't entirely killed off as there was a bit about Sylvanas being pleased at their disappointment when trying to meet their loved ones.

edit:

the book spends a lot of time talking about how Sylvanas killed the forsaken still on the field AND Calia, while barely spending a half page pointing out that there were a number of people (living and forsaken) who left early. As all teh forsaken present were stated to be members of the council, and more than a few walked back... it seems the council will likely continue in some fashion but lacking it's less depressed members.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-06-28 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    pretty sure the desolate council wasn't entirely killed off as there was a bit about Sylvanas being pleased at their disappointment when trying to meet their loved ones.

edit:

the book spends a lot of time talking about how Sylvanas killed the forsaken still on the field AND Calia, while barely spending a half page pointing out that there were a number of people (living and forsaken) who left early. As all teh forsaken present were stated to be members of the council, and more than a few walked back... it seems the council will likely continue in some fashion but lacking it's less depressed members.
    The returning members of the Desolate Council are all individuals who had their hopes dashes or hearts hardened against the Humans (and likely the Alliance) - if the Desolate Council resumes with their number as its nucleus it's likely it will exist only as a mouthpiece for Sylvanas' position, something she's likely aware of and actively angling for. I think it more likely that Sylvanas will become more a fixture in the Undercity, as in BfA she states she finds Orgrimmar "unsafe" due to the presence of SI:7 spies there, you actually take marching orders from her from her normal spot in the Undercity on several occasions during the opening BfA scenarios.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    that's just suicidal ideation... and not something that should exactly be encouraged.

edit:

I mean sure... you can add it to the list of stuff she's against, but i'm fairly certain almost ALL leaders would rather their subjects NOT seek their own deaths.
    They're not seeking death, they're saying that when they die again, be it on the battle field of simply rotting to the point of death, that they don't want Sylvanas to show up and go, "Nah, you're still going to service me and my desires." It's not suicidal, it's no different than an old person on death's door accepting their time is up and being allowed to die peacefully instead of forced into longer life at someone else's wish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Desolace is starting to grow back but only in some parts of it. It still has some black grey desert in it.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

I was more irked about any sentient undead being referred as Forsaken rather than just those who actually are Forsaken.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?