Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Sadly I think you will be proved right.
    wont lie I really did enjoy legion. WOD I just felt "meh" about but BFA the tone the setting and the direction
    just feels wrong. it took them about 18 months to finally start talking about the mistakes of WOD its just a shame
    they clearly haven't learned lessons from a half baked idea.
    Bliz forgot why they took Scenerios away the first time, but they seem to be forgetting many things. GCD changes and macros, LFG broken addons to make WQ take longer (and to slow warmode LFG), and the UI change for Arena players with a higher scale default setting.

There are some good things also, like the new DirectX, the new art looks great especially when it's dark, and some of the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    See kids, this is an example of ad hominem. When immature people have no way to refute what you say, they resort to personal attacks that have nothing to do with the subject at hand!
    You have to say something worth refuting in the first place

I mean you basically said that anyone that disagrees with you is a fanboy and loves anything Blizzard says/does thereby shutting down any type of discussion in the first place. Which basically said this thread is troll and you are stupid as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    That's why I quit WOD after 3 months? While in legion I was subbed every single month?
    That's why WOD has lost 3M(MILLIONS FFS) subscribers?

The game should look at the critics on the forums. I recieved beta for BFA. I have played beta. FOR NOW for me it's literally WOD 2.0. Warfronts are a PVE thing you do once and that's it. Island Expeditions (3 man scenarios REALLY????) are a thing we will do for azerite and that's it... The story makes no sense for now and it's shoved down our throats with silly explanations.

Sry to say but Legion has been great, WOD has been shit (as it has been stated by those that played beta but their feedback has been ignored) and BFA looks the same.
    If after 3 months it's just back to being dead I'm out again until they launch a good expansion.

This makes no sense then. Because BFA has the same content as Legion except more. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I like how this has been said since TBC, about every expansion. It's like some people just really don't want good things. "BUT THIS TIME FOR SURE!"
    Yeah because every expac was a huge success, right? WoD really brought in tons of subs didn't it.

OP is going to be wrong and it will be glorious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    Bliz forgot why they took Scenerios away the first time, but they seem to be forgetting many things. GCD changes and macros, LFG broken addons to make WQ take longer (and to slow warmode LFG), and the UI change for Arena players with a higher scale default setting.

There are some good things also, like the new DirectX, the new art looks great especially when it's dark, and some of the music.
    Different dev teams which is why they often repeat the same mistakes made in the past.

So far, I am enjoying what I'm seeing on Beta, but I am making sure to NOT make the same mistake I did when I had MoP beta; I leveled to 90 with the same character I was going to use on Live, so when Live came I almost quit in frustration because I had just finished doing the same thing on Beta (and I hate grinding, whether it's levels or anything). The class changes I like for the most part; reducing the abilities I feel is a good thing because modern MMOs usually do not have a ton of abilities just for the sake of having them. I do wish that every class had a "spammable" filler ability since that is also a modern MMO concept (playing different games in the 2-year break I had from WoW really opened my eyes to how outdated the WoW system is) and having gaps where you sit there doing nothing because everything on cooldown is IMHO poor game design.

I'm looking forward to it, although I gave up any desire to seriously chase PvE content long ago after them adding Mythic raiding burned me out in a month or so of Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    More of the same garbage. Zero innovation.

If you think Islands are anything more than mindless mob grinding like Legion Invasions then ohhhh boy do you have low expectations.

Warfronts are literally a scripted scenario that you can't lose. I've done it 3 times on Beta. It's already boring.

Where is Suramar?

Battle for Abilities - "More of the same but with worse Class Design and less effort across the board."
    I understand your point, but at the same time you have to realise WoW has always been a mindless grind of the same garbage. Prove me wrong.

The current azerite system is a joke. There is literally nothing interesting to it. And then we come to the lack of legendaries.

People were doing open world content/dungeons/lfr in Legion because of the chance for a legendary drop and the bad luck protection. There is literally no point in doing anything that is not raiding or M+ in BfA. After the first month, pretty much everyone will just AFK in cities and that's it. The world will be entirely empty.

They are trying to copy legion in every possible way, and yet they managed to fail miserably and ruin one of the good things about it. It's a step back, not forward.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2018-06-29 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The current azerite system is a joke. There is literally nothing interesting to it. And then we come to the lack of legendaries.

People were doing open world content/dungeons/lfr in Legion because of the chance for a legendary drop and the bad luck protection. There is literally no point in doing anything that is not raiding or M+ in BfA. After the first month, pretty much everyone will just AFK in cities and that's it. The world will be entirely empty.

They are trying to copy legion in every possible way, and yet they managed to fail miserably and ruin one of the good things about it. It's a step back, not forward.
    The issue is the rng here. With some kind of "token" system for legendaries (e.g. trade 2 legendaries for 1 of your choice) they could counter all these problems.

But I totally agree, they remove basically every fun part of Legion and give us underwhelming and useless "features" in exchange. That's one of the reasons why BfA will fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Where is Suramar?
    How exactly do we as opposing factions experience the other faction's continent? I mean when we can go there on max level, is it similar to a Suramar expierence? Or are there barely any hubs/quests?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Despite what the sunshine and rainbows crowd on these forums who defend blizzard no matter what say, what they fail to realize is 99% of the player base doesn't read forums or keep up with upcoming changes.

This was observed during WoD. Sure, lots of people on the forums pointed out the massive glaring flaws during beta, but people insisted everything would be fine and dandy.

Then release day rolled around, and over the coming weeks a shitstorm unlike no other erupted. All of the problems pointed out in beta became known to everybody and blizzard lost nearly half of their subscribers in a few months.

I see the same happening in BfA. Once the playerbase at large realize what blizzard has done, there will be backlash, and this time it may be even bigger than the WoD backlash because it proved blizzard learned nothing.

Now, before you reply "but but but I played beta and I like da changes!!!", realize that doesn't mean shit. There were people who liked WoD too but it didn't stop it from being disastrous for the game as a whole. The sunshine and rainbows " everything's always perfect!" crowd on these forums are in for yet another rude awakening.

Edit: since people keep asking me to list my reasons, allow me to summarize the issues
    Stat squish
    Class pruning
    Class design as a whole
    Lack of worthwhile content
    GCD change
    Azerite system is dogshit, basically all the boring parts about artifacts minus the good parts
    Atrocious asspull excuse for a story
    Massive lack of replayability

Thanks for the laugh, kiddo.

The only question I have is:

Why, after the success of Legion, is Blizzard going so low key with BfA?

As someone who has the beta, I can tell you, I'm shocked at how boring it is and how absolutely terrible both MM and BM hunter specs are to play, its the worst its been since vanilla, if not worse.

The content is so missplaced, you pretty much just went from killing a titan, stopping sargeras, stopping an invasion of a army that spans the universe, to helping some trolls in a political dispute and doing some really dull errands for them.

The story also fails to connect the new continents to the on going war between the horde and alliance, atleast so-far, you figure sylvannis would want you, her champion assisting here in attacking the alliance instead of running errands for zandalari trolls on a island in the middle of nowhere.

Also they added GCD's to almost everything, even MM Hunters trueshot has a ~1 second GCD before you can actually start casting with your speed boost, its so incredibly lame and really makes combat feel sluggish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Is there success with legion? I mean actual success, not just "we made people pay even more through their noses for automated services that cost us not a cent". I liked it for the most part, but I've probably seen more people quit in the last 1.5 years than ever before.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-06-29 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

TBH I think WoW ended with sargerases loss, and BFA is the first of the expansions created just to get people to remain subbed, I doubt they have any focus or half as much manpower dedicated to WoW anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is there success with legion? I mean actual success, not just "we made people pay even more through their noses for automated services that cost us not a cent" ?
    Indeed, they seem to measure alot of their success through microtransactions now, gone are the days where blizzards leaders care about their products, i doubt their founders even play videogames anymore, why play videogames when your a millionair and can do anything you want anytime anywhere on planet earth because your rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is there success with legion? I mean actual success, not just "we made people pay even more through their noses for automated services that cost us not a cent" ? I mean I liked it for the most part, but I've probably seen more people quite in the last 1.5 years than ever before.
    I think Legion revived WoW in many ways. It was far from perfect and especially the content patches 7.2 and 7.3 were pretty bad (imho) but Legion was packed with lore, features and content. In that regard it was the best expansion since MoP / WotLK.

And now we're getting the most feature-less expansion ever (next to WoD). I mean it's like going from 100% to 25% at best. How can anyone think this will be successful? I mean really, you can't just deliver an expansion full of features and then go back to almost nothing.

Where have you been for the last 14 years of wow? Thats all you get to do, besides pvp.

Hm, that doesn't worry me too much, Blizz has proven over the years that they'll happily tack rewards onto repeatable content to prop up falling participation figures, what's mind-boggling to me is that they need that metaphorical kick in the pants first, for all their experience, Blizz seem pretty blind to even the most obvious future problems, yes, "Crappy rewards = low participation" is glaringly obvious to everybody, except apparently Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    yes, "Crappy rewards = low participation" is glaringly obvious to everybody, except apparently Blizzard...
    Exactly.

The good part about the legendaries was that you could get an amazing reward for pretty much any activity in the game. So you did everything.
    The bad part was that some raiders felt bad, since their position in the DPS meter was dependent on having a legendary they had no control over.

The solution to this was NOT to remove legendaries, but to make them purely utility legendaries. Like I had boots on my rogue that allowed me to fly. That's amazing. Or just make them non usable in raids.

The only wrong solution was to remove them entirely, removing the incentive to do any content you are overgeared for. That is a huge step backwards to previous expansions, and it appears that they have not learned the most basic thing from WoD - people quit when there is nothing to do in the game.

And if people don't go into the open world to do WQs, then their entire new PvP system is dead on arrival. Which means, that we're heading to a huge subscription drop again. I seriously think that this is the last WoW expansion that we have in such format. I think that they are going to move to expansion formats that more resembles content patches rather than full expansions - maybe one new zone (and raid) every 6 months or something like that.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2018-06-30 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Legion-Failed

Like every xpac the doomsayers start to rise. Nothing new.

BfA is really badly recieved overall...