Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Link or GTFO.
    https://twitter.com/jonkasdan/status...050880?lang=en

From the director of Solos own mouth.
    "Sorry to have brought identity/gender politics into... NOPE. Not sorry AT ALL 'cause I think the GALAXY George gave birth to in '77 is big enough for EVERYONE: straight, gay, black, white, brown, Twi'lek, Sullustan, Wookiee, DROID & anything inbetween."

I don't have time to dig up the myriad of Quotes from Kathlene "The force is female" Kennedy right now.

So now YOU GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post

Though maybe don't agree with a bullshit argument like Xarim's if you don't want to look like a misogynist. I mean, really?
    First of all sorry for the delayed response .. really only frequent message boards on weekends

Just like I have no interest in seeing Broke Back Mountain doesn't may me homophobic. Not wanting to see the future Star Wars movies w/a female lead who is quite possibly the biggest Mary Sue put to film, it is all a extention of some feminist fantasy. Doesn't make me misogynist

I am a 43 straight male, I obviously am not there target audience ..
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Clearly someone did not read between the lines on the producer part. You do realise someone with the influence of Kathleen Kennedy (who btw has produced many of Spielberg's greatest films) dwarfs that of Rian Johnson. I believe in other professions its called brow beating?

Public virtue and private vice applies to more than politics.
    It's entirely speculation how much studio interference affected the plot, and in what specific respects.

People on internet forums always think they know everything about the creative process. But really, unless you were on the creative team you really know jack shit.

As far as I'm concerned, the movie's faults are many and complex and do not really show the usual hallmarks of obvious studio interference. But of course, none of us know for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I am a 43 straight male, I obviously am not there target audience ..
    The target audience of these films is anyone with a wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    https://twitter.com/jonkasdan/status...050880?lang=en

From the director of Solos own mouth.
    "Sorry to have brought identity/gender politics into... NOPE. Not sorry AT ALL 'cause I think the GALAXY George gave birth to in '77 is big enough for EVERYONE: straight, gay, black, white, brown, Twi'lek, Sullustan, Wookiee, DROID & anything inbetween."

I don't have time to dig up the myriad of Quotes from Kathlene "The force is female" Kennedy right now.

So now YOU GTFO
    So now you apologise for misuse of the term "literally".

The producers and directors with Kathleen Kennedy at the top have literally said they are pushing a SJW narrative.
    He never mentioned "SJW narrative".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    But the two new star wars didn't beat the original Star Wars one at the box office when adjusted for inflation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._for_inflation

Odd that a film from 1939 still is the highest adjusted for inflation.
    While adjusted grosses are interesting, I have to point out that the landscape of film has changed dramatically over the years and so making comparisons more than a decade or two back gets increasingly misleading. I think Gone With the Wind is so high partly because at the time there was no entertainment competition (no internet, no DVDs, no VHS, no TV...) and also I think it had multiple theatrical releases. Plus obviously, it was the most commercially successful film of its era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    It's entirely speculation how much studio interference affected the plot, and in what specific respects.

People on internet forums always think they know everything about the creative process. But really, unless you were on the creative team you really know jack shit.

As far as I'm concerned, the movie's faults are many and complex and do not really show the usual hallmarks of obvious studio interference. But of course, none of us know for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

The target audience of these films is anyone with a wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

So now you apologise for misuse of the term "literally".

He never mentioned "SJW narrative".

- - - Updated - - -

While adjusted grosses are interesting, I have to point out that the landscape of film has changed dramatically over the years and so making comparisons more than a decade or two back gets increasingly misleading. I think Gone With the Wind is so high partly because at the time there was no entertainment competition (no internet, no DVDs, no VHS, no TV...) and also I think it had multiple theatrical releases. Plus obviously, it was the most commercially successful film of its era.
    "identity/gender politics" Is part of the SJW narrative.
    You got owned by proof so instead you start arguing semantics. Stay classy liberal left.

"identity/gender politics" Is part of the SJW narrative.
    You got owned by proof so instead you start arguing semantics. Stay classy liberal left.
    You entered the realm of semantics when you used the term "literally".

So I'll take my apology now, thanks.

Deleted
    You entered the realm of semantics when you used the term "literally".

So I'll take my apology now, thanks.
    As soon as you admit i was right and you were wrong.

As soon as you admit i was right and you were wrong.
    literally said they are pushing a SJW narrative.
    ^That's not literal, is it? You used the wrong word, didn't you?

Are you really so gullible that you didn't realise I was moving you into that trap the whole time?

Link or GTFO.

Basically "bwwaaaaaa I'm sad inside and find my outlet through projection", as far as I can tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Kennedy didn't write that script. Rian Johnson did.
    Kennedy partook in the hiring process of Johnson. Kennedy also gave the thumbs up to the script.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Kennedy partook in the hiring process of Johnson. Kennedy also gave the thumbs up to the script.
    yeah, this whole kennedy didn't write this or direct that is utter horseshit, she's the big boss...she takes all the credit when it goes good so then she gets all the credit when it goes bad....plain and simple, people and their justifying and passing the blame is partly why our society is so terrible and entitled...and stupid
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Deleted
    ^That's not literal, is it? You used the wrong word, didn't you?

Are you really so gullible that you didn't realise I was moving you into that trap the whole time?
    It wasn't in quotation marks was it? Also learn how to use literally in informal writing. Many famous authors do it.

They admitted to a SJW agenda and i proved it to you. Admit you were wrong as you people often are.

It wasn't in quotation marks was it? Also learn how to use literally in informal writing. Many famous authors do it.
    That's not how quotation marks or the word "literally" work.

You literally used the wrong word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    So you're saying she should've had MORE studio interference?

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    yeah, this whole kennedy didn't write this or direct that is utter horseshit, she's the big boss...she takes all the credit when it goes good so then she gets all the credit when it goes bad....
    I don't know why anyone would give an executive producer credit OR blame for plot points in a film they don't like. Do you also blame her for the score, the costumes and the competence of the key grip?

It's asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why anyone would give an executive producer credit OR blame for plot points in a film they don't like. Do you also blame her for the score, the costumes and the competence of the key grip?

It's asinine.
    I blame Rick McCallum for Episode 1 just as much as I blame Lucas. You seem to think the producer doesn't do anything in the production of a movie.

Kennedy should have had the foresight and experience to understand that huge changes in what is a pretty pervasive cultural phenomenon would upset a lot of people. I don't know if playing it safe with TFA and the positive response made Lucasfilm cocky or what, but they went in a direction that they really shouldn't have with TLJ.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I blame Rick McCallum for Episode 1 just as much as I blame Lucas. You seem to think the producer doesn't do anything in the production of a movie.

Kennedy should have had the foresight and experience to understand that huge changes in what is a pretty pervasive cultural phenomenon would upset a lot of people. I don't know if playing it safe with TFA and the positive response made Lucasfilm cocky or what, but they went in a direction that they really shouldn't have with TLJ.
    Well that's silly. Producers don't know what makes a good script, at least in general they don't. They certainly aren't experts in what will and will not piss off fanboys.

Rick McCallum probably saw Episode One and thought "oh it's got wacky aliens and lightsabers and space ships, the kids will love it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's silly. Producers don't know what makes a good script, at least in general they don't. They certainly aren't experts in what will and will not piss off fanboys.

Rick McCallum probably saw Episode One and thought "oh it's got wacky aliens and lightsabers and space ships, the kids will love it".
    Have you ever watched the behind the scenes footage of the prequels? You could see that most people didn't think it would work, and no one challenged Lucas on his poor decisions.

And a good producer will definitely know a bad script, that's literally their job. They pick the script, decide on rewrites, and pitch for funding. If they don't understand the basics, they are pretty bad at their jobs. Large movies may delegate to sub-producers, but you don't just fall into a large movie - most people work their way up on smaller budgets where they can't afford to delegate and they learn what works if they want to increase that budget.

I know there is a lot of backlash against studio interference, but a good producer will help a movie appeal to the largest possible audience.

EDIT: "Kennedy graduated from Shasta High School in Redding, California, in 1971. She continued her education at San Diego State University where she majored in telecommunications and film."

She didn't just stumble into the role, she's been working at this for decades. She should know better.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2018-07-02 at 01:31 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

I point to Michael Bay and TMNT. He may have only been a producer, but his sheen is certainly on that movie.

People that fund movies tend to make requests on how their money getd spent.

Rian Johnson has said publicly that the whole Leia/Mary Poppins space walk was Kathleen Kennedy's idea. She was heavily involved with script and plot, keeping the bits she liked and jettisoned or changed what she didn't like. As I've said before, the fiasco is at the feet of Johnson, Abrams and Kennedy and her armada or ultra feminist Star Wars fan hating screen writers.

Deleted
    That's not how quotation marks or the word "literally" work.

You literally used the wrong word.
    That's exactly how the word literally is used informally. That is not open for debate.

I said they literally said they were pushing a sjw agenda and then i showed a Twitter post where the director admits to having a SJW agenda.

It must be annoying to get owned time and time and time again by actual PROOF.

You guys are ALWAYS asking for sources and when you are provided with one you refuse to address the proof and instead start deflecting. This happens EVERY TIME and you guys wonder why we get tired of always having to spend time to present sources and proof that will immediately get dismissed or ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Rian Johnson has said publicly that the whole Leia/Mary Poppins space walk was Kathleen Kennedy's idea. She was heavily involved with script and plot, keeping the bits she liked and jettisoned or changed what she didn't like. As I've said before, the fiasco is at the feet of Johnson, Abrams and Kennedy and her armada or ultra feminist Star Wars fan hating screen writers.

"That scene originated because Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy was one of the fans who kept speculating about Leia’s Force sensitivity, director Rian Johnson said at the Q&A Friday.

“She kept [saying], ‘Leia’s a Skywalker, Luke gave her this speech in Jedi and told her basically, ‘You have this potential, too.’ It seemed to me it would be a really emotionally impactful thing to see her use it,” the filmmaker said."

Source: Entertainment Weekly before you leftist nut-jobs ask for it. Not like any of you will adress this proof anyway.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/16/the-...powers-leia/2/
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2018-07-02 at 12:40 PM.

Since it's on Netflix, wife and I tried to watch this thing. It was even more awful than we imagined.

Prank phone call start, Poe disobeying orders because whatever, lots of rebels dying apparently needlessly, weird scene between big bad guy and Emo Vader who then spent some time bashing his helmet in a lift, Luke spending a lot of time doing a Yoda thing I think...

And that's were we dropped it, it just seemed too stupid to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I point to Michael Bay and TMNT. He may have only been a producer, but his sheen is certainly on that movie.

People that fund movies tend to make requests on how their money getd spent.
    Actually I felt like the TMNT movies were a hell of a lot better than his usual dreck. Still the same production house etc of course.

I swear he just turned up on set, made them film Megan Fox taking her clothes off, then left for the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    EDIT: "Kennedy graduated from Shasta High School in Redding, California, in 1971. She continued her education at San Diego State University where she majored in telecommunications and film."
    She has a major in film, so she's a writer.

Rolleyes.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly how the word literally is used informally. That is not open for debate.
    So you're arguing that I should take your use of the word "literally" non-literally?

LOL.

Have you seriously not figured out yet that's precisely what I was trying to entrap you with?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lolkek, TLJ on Netflix got negative reviews, and suddenly Netflix decided to turn off the reviews/raitings for the movies.