Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    Well either you sell boosts for cash and are admitting that or you don't realize tokens cant be turned into cash. Either way, I'll take the removal of your lfg spam AND cause you to waste a bunch of money. Win-win for me and for Blizzard lol
    The guy's an idiot, but you can buy WoW accounts (and any other DIGITAL blizzard product) with wow tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The guy's an idiot, but you can buy WoW accounts (and any other DIGITAL blizzard product) with wow tokens.
    Yea I suppose, quite a lot of work and a waste of income when you don't have to, though. Can just use trade chat and official forums for free like before

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I am not saying it illegal to do that. Its the fact that Trade Chat isn't a place where people advertise anymore, thats the point I was making. So yeah, still an idiotic decision. I wasn't quoting, I was summerizing, this isn't about Trade Chat, its about group finder, which is what my point was.

- - - Updated - - -

See my post above.
    Summary or quote you still clearly didnt read it lol.

But you actually believe people don't advertise in trade chat? Maybe your server is dead then. The 4 servers I've played on have all had many guilds selling their services for over 3 expansions. I personally have benefitted greatly from selling carries for gold as far back as cataclysm without ever using the LFG tool to advertise.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2018-07-02 at 10:16 PM.

Having to use the search function in group finder was way too hard for people it seems.

Also the same reason it's better to have sale runs in group finder, because at least you can filter group finder. You can't filter trade chat.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-07-02 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Some people obviously were ok with dealing with it, as finding buyers was never really a problem
    I meant it is going to turn trade chat into a spam fest, so make a /carry channel. It was better off in the group finder and then people who didn't want it could use the Badboy addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I meant it is going to turn trade chat into a spam fest, so make a /carry channel. It was better off in the group finder and then people who didn't want it could use the Badboy addon.
    Guilds have been using trade chat for sell runs for several expansions and they still do even with LFG if they're smart. The change is just going to bring it back to normal and have LFG be for looking for groups not buyers. Trade chat will and should be used for people buying and selling their goods and services. Its TRADE chats not roleplay/politics/analjokespam chat.

Suck it carriers, you make the game bad and I look forward to seeing less of you.

I already left /trade for good too, you ruined that years ago.
    Last edited by Spazlord; 2018-07-02 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Good and needed change. This boost selling bullshit is getting too much. Same with people advertising their shitty twitch channel. Just hope this report advertising option works for trade chat boost spammers too.

No, it will not. If you actually read the post, it clearly said advertising the boosts in trade/chat is still allowed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    You ask "why"?
    Right after they just wrote a whole post explaining exactly why?

- - - Updated - - -

Annoying yes, but much less annoying. Esp since you can just turn off trade chat.
    Rhetorical question, their reasoning is poor. Also you can just not use the group finder, same logic. Realistically though the handful of gold boosts are very easy to skip over. It's the "HAY GO TO OUR URL LOL GIVE US MONEY." ads that take up all the space.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    You cannot even see and read the bold part , you really need high power glasses. Read the full sentence first and .....

Still not getting ??
    Hint :- Read blue post again, top to bottom
    You're actually making no sense. The blue post literally says that sales for gold are still allowed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With Communities coming out, just make a "Boost" Community that anyone can join.

Quote Originally Posted by Octania View Post
    actually had to log in to correct you.
    Multiple pvp streamers such as Trillebartom / Dakkroth etc. all have checked with blizzard independantly.
    They all got the same response to the effect of "as long as it is selfplay against ingame currency it is perfectly legal"

All this change will do is funnel those people that actually have a bit of skill but still struggle to reach their 2k for that sweet elite mog will be funneled to sites that offer those boosts for real money and/or scammers.

While it may be annoying in some cases, in this specific case there will be no winners...

(also before you question my reason for being against this change, I am neither offering nor using those boosts - it's just I can understand why people both do these boosts and why some people buy them and think of them as a win-win situation.
    Anything that gets the ladder more active and more people playing pvp is a good thing in my book, and rank1 players instructing possible new talent is helping out a dying aspect of the game. It also makes for an entertaining watch on stream)

Well then I stand corrected. I remember during many pvp seasons in the past the bannings for selling rated runs. I wasn't aware that they were being played by the people who were doing the selling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Yeah no. Having to scroll past a handful of advertisements on the lfg tool is such a minor inconvenience. Completely pointless change.
    Not minor for me. Sometimes almost 30% of groups are spam.

Thank fuck for that change, it's about time. Finding groups has been a nightmare because of all the boosters clogging up your search parameters.

Deleted
    Holy fuck, an actual QoL change? That's unexpected! I didn't use LFGt much in legion, but whenever I did try, it was always filled with "fake" groups. I've always reported them for spam, glad to see it's now official.

She said she'd heal his scars not make them glow they already do that.

When I imagine a light-forged Illidan, I imagine Illidan as a night elf, his eyes returned, with holy tattoos instead of arcane ones. In addition, all demonic parts would be gone -- the hooves, the wings, the horns... etc. The weapons were spot on, at least!

I appreciate the work put into it, I just disagree with the vision.

I like the change, but I think a more balanced change would be literally put a field in there flagging it as a paid run.

They could have even had a gold amount in it so that when the run was finished the gold got auto paid, and didn't if not.

Could have made it better for everyone rather than just better for a portion of the users.

Deleted
    Poor change. This will drive people (I'm one of them) to use real-money websites instead of of paying for in game gold when their dead server trade chat does not offer such services.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Bad change. Cross realm boosts for gold are common and within the rules, so why ban those from the group finder? Gold sales and websites should definitely be removed though.
    Considering you cannot trade in-game gold cross-realm, most of those were actually selling the boosts for real money which is against the rules and has been since the game first came out.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Considering you cannot trade in-game gold cross-realm, most of those were actually selling the boosts for real money which is against the rules and has been since the game first came out.
    How ppl did with crossrealm selling, it would cost 1 wowtoken
    Seller gives 1 of the 4 boosters gold to buy wowtoken on the buyers realm, seller buys wowtoken, then gives other 3ppl equal gold, say token was 400k, he would give other 3ppl 100k each.

All if this is within the rules.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    When I imagine a light-forged Illidan, I imagine Illidan as a night elf, his eyes returned, with holy tattoos instead of arcane ones. In addition, all demonic parts would be gone -- the hooves, the wings, the horns... etc. The weapons were spot on, at least!

I appreciate the work put into it, I just disagree with the vision.
    Yeah, I agree with you. My vision is very similar to what you have in mind. Night Elf body, wielding Holy Fire Warglaives.

On the other topic: VERY welcomed change. I actually had to tell a guy in Group Finder it was bannable and told him to check it out here.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything