Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry How do you change main?

No, really.

HOW?!

It’s not like I haven’t tried.

With Legion, I finally got the chance to play the class I wanted to play since I started World of Warcraft. I really like being a demon hunter, and enjoyed it for a few months before...

Before crawling back to my 2.4-rolled first character, my warrior.

While my relationship with my fel-ridden, glaive-wielding, Infernal-striking dominatrix was new, fun, exciting and attractive, I couldn’t help folding and returning to what I knew. My warrior has been moody, it’s changed with time and has occasionally been abusive, but it just feels so familiar to me. It feels safe.

And while I now know I have the strength of shit-smeared wet toilet paper, perhaps my warrior is what I deserve. Perhaps this comfortable safety net is right for me. Perhaps ‘new’ and ‘exciting’ is for younger, hipper guys.

Slow and steady wins the race, after all.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Willpower?

ESC -> Logout -> Choosing other character from the list -> Enter

I did a hard cut from my Burning Crusade Shaman to a Priest with the start of Warlords of Draenor. With Legion i played the Priest first, but went to playing both again.

Think you just have to play way more time with your new main until you also feel comfortable with it and know what buttons do what without reading the tooltip.

Always had full set of maxes I play. I guess i just never get attached to the characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy, the class you find most fun is ofc the one u will play as a main (unless ur a top 3 guild were best class is what you main)

Personally I don't want to change mains. Even though the Draenei, Night Elves and Void Elves are my favorite races, I still really like my Human Warlock. I first rolled it back in April 2007 and have mained this toon since ICC. I see no reason to change something that I enjoy playing.

You don't. How is this even a question? Prot warry for live. No new fotm jumping edgelord or whatever can give me the deep satisfaction my warry brings.

Honestly, there's nothing that could make me change my main. Too many memories, too many achievements, too many grinds. I really can't. HALP.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was warr main till end of Bc, then i rolled Hunter Main for like 6 months, after that I got the paladin fever and the pala is still my Main today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    ESC -> Logout -> Choosing other character from the list -> Enter
    Exactly!

Ofc changing mains have side effects. If you are farming achievements you still need to level your old main for reputations/hks etc.

I remember the amazingly powerful feeling you would get from playing Blood DK before Legion... then they just got "normalized" with the other tanks (except maybe Brewmasters, they still suck), and it didn't feel like I was playing the same class anymore. I felt betrayed.

So on Legion, I finally changed my mind and my new main was a Blood DK, because well... you know, they were still far superior

There's no such thing as changing your main. Enjoying an alt? That's a whole different story.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2018-07-04 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Honestly, there's nothing that could make me change my main. Too many memories, too many achievements, too many grinds. I really can't. HALP.
    Same here. I've played my druid for so many years now, I always go back to this character. Plenty of other chars levelled to max, played for a while, but no matter what happens, I always veer back to my druid in the end, because that's where the memories are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

I just started gearing my monk while still maining my paladin, then once i got up to snuff, so to speak, i could replace my paladin in our mythic raid team and officially change main.

But like others have said, there`s to many memories, and i will always main my paladin at least for the first 75% of an expansion

Deleted
    i was a priest from BC until mob beta, then i changed to a Mistweaver, what made me do it was the "cool factor" of the spells, and that i thought the female pandaren models are super adorable, so i lvled one on the beta server, and when i hit max i was desided, so i made a monk on the live server on launch day and played that character primerally

Deleted
    I see many others here are afflicted with similar illnesses to mine.

It feels so good just being able to speak about this, and know that I’m not alone. :’)

I've had several different mains throughout the different expansions, but it seems I always make it back to my warrior I rolled in January 2006.

5+ Year Old Account
    I usually save changes to my main for the start of an expansion or after a break. I almost always wind up back on my shaman for much the same reasons as you do you warrior OP. I find spending some solid time just farting about in the world really helps to get you into a new main, fishing, grinding out professions even just knocking out some quests or an interesting title helps to lock in a character for me. Even characters I mothballed expansions ago tend to hang around if I've done something unique to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I've had several different mains throughout the different expansions, but it seems I always make it back to my warrior I rolled in January 2006.
    Haha, this sounds like the current smoker who says he’s quit many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I change Main, they introduce a new "Reach Exalted with X Reputations" achievement and I go back because FUCK doing that again.

Make those damn achievements give account wide credit blizzard for the love of god...
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Man dude, i have been Hunter since i started in TBC and played other classes i got most of them at 110 and done m+ with them. But i just cannot switch main. I am too attached to my Hunter, for me when i think of WoW i think of my Hunter. Thats what WoW is for me, my Hunter :P