Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

I am looking to purchase a couple new firearms myself in the next month or so.

I want a semi-auto shotgun and a AK-47 (as I just found out it can be used for hunting)
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

I want a semi-auto shotgun and a AK-47 (as I just found out it can be used for hunting)
    Hunting shotgun or home defense? (If it's both I'd say check out the Mossberg 930 Combo Field/Security [you get both the 18.5 and 28 barrel].)

As to the AK variant for hunting, personally I like the ballistics of the .308 Winchester round over the 7.62x39 for anything over 150 yards. Then again I don't hunt, I'm a target shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Have to go with Tasttey's advice on the shotgun. But it can still shoot thru a normal wall.

If you want to buy a rifle for hunting and home defense, the AR-15 is good for both. Use hollow point projectiles in the AR-15 , which will help reduce the chance of over penetration and thus reduce the chance of growing thru walls and hitting someone else. With hunting, they use the AR-15 for hunting wild boars. And you can get one for less than *600. Not sure what AK-47's and their variants are going for now.

So depends on what type of hunting you want to do and I also have to agree with Tasttey's point about the .308 for long shots on say, deer or elk. On a long shot, I would also want a rifle with a large scope, bolt action. But like him, I am not a hunter. So someone may have some better advice.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.297830e64f50

Just another responsible gun owner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post

Yeah, there is a thread on this case in the Politics forum of a non responsible gun owner doing something unlawfully.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The AK isn't the most accurate of rifle platforms, and 5 round mags (usually needed for hunting) can be rarer than you'd expect. Most quality AK's get expensive ($1k area) because a lot of the american made Century Arms stuff is pretty crappy. (And still $600+)

If you want a semiauto for hunting, the AR10 in 308 is a better option IMO. There's also the regular AR15 in a 300blk which is (in supersonic) ballistically similar to 7.62X39, but more expensive ammo. 300blk and 7.62X39 are both shorter range hunting rounds (150yards) though. You can get an AR15 in 7.62X39, but magazines are a bitch above 5 rounds (which again, is what you need for hunting anyway).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    A very funny video on gun control, yet is also illustrative of why some politicians should understand their subject matter, if they want to push for gun control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A very funny video on gun control, yet is also illustrative of why some politicians should understand their subject matter, if they want to push for gun control.
    I have a bit of sympathy for the lady who said "many people have been shot with unloaded guns" because I think what she meant was something more like "many people have been shot with what someone believed was an unloaded gun".

But the rest are just outright stupid.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2018-07-04 at 04:26 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there is a thread on this case in the Politics forum of a non responsible gun owner doing something unlawfully.
    Everyone is a responsible, law-abiding gun owner, until they aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

youtube_share;HI9tov6A2DI]https://youtu.be/HI9tov6A2DI
    I mean, if you want legislators to actually know something about the subjects they're legislating, very few laws would ever get passed. Especially not ones concerning lady bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I mean, if you want legislators to actually know something about the subjects they're legislating, very few laws would ever get passed. Especially not ones concerning lady bits.
    Fuck I wish that could be a requirement to be on these committees at the very least. Want to be on the budget committee, better be at least a CPA; wanna be on the science committee, should have at a minimum a Bachelor's degree in an actual science; planning to be on the health committee, oh you better be a fucking doctor. But that's part of the problem with our government, somehow being a congressman became an actual career instead of the part time civil service job it was designed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Fuck I wish that could be a requirement to be on these committees at the very least. Want to be on the budget committee, better be at least a CPA; wanna be on the science committee, should have at a minimum a Bachelor's degree in an actual science; planning to be on the health committee, oh you better be a fucking doctor. But that's part of the problem with our government, somehow being a congressman became an actual career instead of the part time civil service job it was designed to be.
    You forgot the other step, most politicians are lawyers. Lawyers tend to try to make things more complicated so that you need a lawyer to decipher it. They don't even understand most of what they're doing, they just want to make it more complicated so that you need to hire more lawyers to help you work around the laws. Same way you can't get limits on lawyers generally, since politicians are lawyers, judges are lawyers...

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And until they are irresponsible, they are responsible. Kind of hard to convict someone of doing something they have not committed yet. :P

I expect them to understand any bill they propose or vote for. If not, then do not vote or endorse something if you do not have a clue about the subject matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Texas mom shoots man trying to take car with her kids inside at gas station: 'I hope that woke him up'

Do not mess with a mother with her kids. Way to go gal!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/05...ke-him-up.html
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-07-04 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The AK isn't the most accurate of rifle platforms, and 5 round mags (usually needed for hunting) can be rarer than you'd expect. Most quality AK's get expensive ($1k area) because a lot of the american made Century Arms stuff is pretty crappy. (And still $600+)

If you want a semiauto for hunting, the AR10 in 308 is a better option IMO. There's also the regular AR15 in a 300blk which is (in supersonic) ballistically similar to 7.62X39, but more expensive ammo. 300blk and 7.62X39 are both shorter range hunting rounds (150yards) though. You can get an AR15 in 7.62X39, but magazines are a bitch above 5 rounds (which again, is what you need for hunting anyway).
    Agreed - for the most part. It really depends on what you're hunting. Personally, I prefer a good, scoped bolt rifle for hunting.

For small game/varmits the .223 Remington mag is my go to.
    For larger game, I will usually go with either the .308 winchester mag or a 7mm remmington mag.

If you're set on a Semi-Auto for hunting, I think that AR10 will be the best bet. If you really want to go with something akin to the 7.62x39 cartride, then grab an AR-15 chambered in .300 BLK. The nice thing about that one is that with relative ease, you can transition the rifle back and forth from .300BLK to .223/5.56NATO with an upper swap-out.
    If you claim to support the second amendment, and have to qualify it with preconditions, you don't support the second amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    This man gets it on gun control. Excellent stance on the rights of the law abiding citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

Responsibility is a trait you earn. It isn't just there in the presence of good deeds or the absence of bad deeds or stupid deeds. There are some really irresponsible people out there, and even if they go through all the channels of gun ownership, and no one can find a reason to disallow them (as if that should be a thing...), that doesn't necessarily detail that they understand gun principles. Smart people will learn about them, some in advance. Others will act without thinking. That they refused to learn about good principles with a gun indicates irresponsibility right from the start.

And to this "if you want legislators to actually know something about the subjects they're legislating, very few laws would ever get passed..."

I'm perfectly cool with that. Why should stupid people be creating stupid laws and demonstrate that they are stupid by the fact that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about, and start affecting negatively the lives of others, only to say "my bad..." later, when they find out their laws were stupid? And these stupid assholes will insist on "fixing" the law, rather than striking it from the law books, so it becomes a problem of the ages ho have to deal with this type of shit in their times, except now there are hundreds, possibly thousands of new pages that say the same stupid shit, because they were too stupid to just never write the bill in the first place.
    Care to rethink your position, yet?

"Especially not ones concerning lady bits. "

Case in point.... if women don't want stupid law makers writing laws on that subject, why do they keep voting them in office? It's a problem that could solve itself, in theory, but as long as they keep voting it in, that tells me they ultimately want it that way, or they'd do something about it, as the majority voting block in this nation.

Care to rethink your position on this any, yet?
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/08...ng-attack.html

A waitress with a concealed carry permit defended her co-worker after an irate customer went behind the counter and punched her, newly released video reveals.

The attack at George Webb restaurant in Milwaukee on June 28 could have been much worse, according to Alderman Bob Donovan, who made the footage public.

“I thank God the other waitress had a concealed carry weapon, has a permit... I shudder to think, had she not been there and had she not had this weapon, what this guy might have done," Donovan told Fox 6.

Another example of where a good person with a gun saved another person from harm.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...az_most&wpmk=1

What is it you alt-right and/or Trumpets say, whomp whomp? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post

There is already a separate thread about this, you can spout off in that one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...owd/ar-AAzKD6x

Guy set off metal detector, security stops him, he says he's an out of town cop, but he "disappears" into the crowd and they lose track of him before any verification other than a waved badge. So band cancels show.

I can understand the cancellation, though if this guy was going to open fire on a crowd (with a small concealed handgun), he could do it in the crowds already there.

Not sure how security doesn't hold someone until the situation is resolved, unless he threw one of those ninja smoke bombs or maybe did the jedi hand wave? Guess it was just an attendant who asked him to wait and he just ignored her and left.

Odd situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    There is already a separate thread about this, you can spout off in that one.
    No thanks, this is the mega thread gub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...owd/ar-AAzKD6x

Guy set off metal detector, security stops him, he says he's an out of town cop, but he "disappears" into the crowd and they lose track of him before any verification other than a waved badge. So band cancels show.

I can understand the cancellation, though if this guy was going to open fire on a crowd (with a small concealed handgun), he could do it in the crowds already there.

Not sure how security doesn't hold someone until the situation is resolved, unless he threw one of those ninja smoke bombs or maybe did the jedi hand wave? Guess it was just an attendant who asked him to wait and he just ignored her and left.

Odd situation.
    Obviously these people have no regard for rules. Yet another irresponsible gun owner.