Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle for Azeroth Prepatch Release Date & Survival Guide

I found a pretty good Prepatch Survival Guide and Changes coming in the new BfA prepatch.
    The content is straight and to the point so you don't have to read a huge wall of text on the other community sites.

<snip>
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-07-09 at 06:53 AM.

I would call this a summary/tldr of overall changes

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    More of a summary then a survival guide, tbh.

new loot rule set it to personal loot. my question is when you run old raid like ulduar or icc for mog do you still get personal loot or general one ? if its personal its gona suck big time farming sets
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    new loot rule set it to personal loot. my question is when you run old raid like ulduar or icc for mog do you still get personal loot or general one ? if its personal its gona suck big time farming sets
    Nah. Any raid/dungeon you enter that you outlevel by 10+ will automatically enable "Legacy Loot".
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Nah. Any raid/dungeon you enter that you outlevel by 10+ will automatically enable "Legacy Loot".
    Thanks for the clarification, did they make this changes after the outrage from the transmog farming community?
    I was OOTL on this particular change.

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, did they make this changes after the outrage from the transmog farming community?
    I was OOTL on this particular change.
    Yea.

More info:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761866700
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Is the option for upright Orcs available in pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Yes. /10char

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    Legacy Loot Mode is like personal but drops the loot for 20 people for each person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Yes, you can go to the barber and change it to upright.
    Also, the elves have their eye color selection back for those tired with the whole "fel" eyes.

Deleted
    Wait, I thought loot was only set to personal at release, not pre patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkuri View Post
    Wait, I thought loot was only set to personal at release, not pre patch?
    All those system changes are in 8.0, not "BfA". The release doesn't really change the game much, it just unlocks new content and disables some old things, like "Curve" and M mount drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Legacy Loot Mode is like personal but drops the loot for 20 people for each person.
    You mean the previous 20/40 man loot drops to each member in the raid? Will making a party and split farming be a thing again?

5+ Year Old Account
    You mean the previous 20/40 man loot drops to each member in the raid? Will making a party and split farming be a thing again?
    Question one: Yes
    Question two: possibly. I don't have enough info on Legacy Loot Mode to answer this.

Not to each member. The loot of 20 people drops, if you take multiple people its split between them. If you go alone, you alone get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Not to each member. The loot of 20 people drops, if you take multiple people its split between them. If you go alone, you alone get it all.
    Okay, thanks for the clarification. I was hoping party xmog farming to become a thing.

I hate how Blizzard listens to the vocal minority who just like to complain about stuff. I personally liked the PvP reward system as it was in Legion, you never knew what you were gonna get and that was what kept me playing for a long time.

wonder when the prepatch will hit live servers, we are like one month away from release of the exp

[QUOTE=camicio;49673374]I found a pretty good Prepatch Survival Guide and Changes coming in the new BfA prepatch.
    The content is straight and to the point so you don't have to read a huge wall of text on the other community sites.

One minor gripe: the guide says AOTC & mount will be removed in prepatch. Wow official guide says otherwise:
    worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21901728
    Once Battle for Azeroth goes live on August 14, the Violet Spellwing mount for completing the Blood of a Titan quest (defeat Argus the Unmaker on Heroic difficulty or higher) will also no longer be available—but if you’re interested in earning it before then, you can get a little help from your friends in the community. Keep an eye on the in-game Group Finder (I) or look for community-run groups like Friendship Birb or Perky Pugs.
    Otherwise really useful! Thanks!
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-07-09 at 06:54 AM.