10+ Year Old Account
    Can I rate half of a show? Shuffle! starts off as a fun comedy harem. While it may be a little cliche, it had a cool premise with gods and demons living on Earth. Sort of a Gabriel Dropout style, except these girls are much more wholesome than the ones in that show, although with nudity. So you have your harem comedy and throw in some occasional magic, and you have yourself a good time.

Then halfway through the series, the tone shifts. A LOT. Everything goes from happy fun times, to batshit crazytown. One girl is murderously insane, another is dying, ANOTHER is dying, and another has split personalities. There is no happy fun times anymore, there is only "am I watching a different show?" Some shows have a tonal shift, but they also still manage to stay true to the show's...feel. This one...does not. So you're better off watching the first eleven or so episodes, then the last half of the last episode. There were plenty of personalities to keep things fresh for awhile, they didn't have to go completely off the rails. It's the only harem I've seen that ends in a definite choice, but it wasn't worth getting there.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-07-03 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So you're better off watching the first eleven or so episodes, then the last half of the last episode.
    You're better off not wasting your time on this bad show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Can I rate half of a show? Shuffle! starts off as a fun comedy harem. While it may be a little cliche, it had a cool premise with gods and demons living on Earth. Sort of a Gabriel Dropout style, except these girls are much more wholesome than the ones in that show, although with nudity. So you have your harem comedy and throw in some occasional magic, and you have yourself a good time.

Then halfway through the series, the tone shifts. A LOT. Everything goes from happy fun times, to batshit crazytown. One girl is murderously insane, another is dying, ANOTHER is dying, and another has split personalities. There is no happy fun times anymore, there is only "am I watching a different show?" Some shows have a tonal shift, but they also still manage to stay true to the show's...feel. This one...does not. So you're better off watching the first eleven or so episodes, then the last half of the last episode. There were plenty of personalities to keep things fresh for awhile, they didn't have to go completely off the rails. It's the only harem I've seen that ends in a definite choice, but it wasn't worth getting there.
    The last half is the only reason to watch the show. Imagine if it had kept that same tone/direction the entire show, it wouldnt have been nearly as good.
    Last edited by Swisted; 2018-07-04 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So new anime check:
    Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan --- BAD
    Senjuushi -- BAD
    Hanebado! -- TRASH
    Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa -- I DONT GET IT
    Island -- WANA BE STEINS GATE (yeh another anime made from a video game --- 1.st ep was mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    So many cuties <3

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit. Sentai is having another big sale. Picked up more cute girls doing cute things on DVD for cheap. Two seasons of Rabbit baristas and the series of American Girl dancing yosakoi, for under $30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So new anime check:
    Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan --- BAD
    Senjuushi -- BAD
    Hanebado! -- TRASH
    Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa -- I DONT GET IT
    Island -- WANA BE STEINS GATE (yeh another anime made from a video game --- 1.st ep was mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
    Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa is a spin-off of Kaiji. It might not make much sense if you have not seen that series already.

Too hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    New chapter of Fairy Tail is space is out and I swear the author is just trolling now. Chapter itself was whatever, it's fine, a bit more on the female MC's backstory but then right at the end a new character is introduced that is just Erza dressed as a space pirate except her name isn't "Erza Scarlet" it's "Elise Crimson." I can't really tell if he is doing it as a joke or not, but at least even he is aware of how he is just repeating himself. At least I hope he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    New chapter of Fairy Tail is space is out and I swear the author is just trolling now. Chapter itself was whatever, it's fine, a bit more on the female MC's backstory but then right at the end a new character is introduced that is just Erza dressed as a space pirate except her name isn't "Erza Scarlet" it's "Elise Crimson." I can't really tell if he is doing it as a joke or not, but at least even he is aware of how he is just repeating himself. At least I hope he is...
    Welcome to what Fairy Tail was to Rave Master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best anime of this season:

I guess there’s an overdue spring season summary, so some random thoughts... though I’m pretty sure I didn’t even post one for winter, but whatever. Also some expectations for the upcoming season.

• Overall I’m glad Hinamatsuri turned out as it did, it really was a pleasure to watch from start to finish. One can only hope to see more in future. There's more than enough material I think. Aita, aita, AITAAA.
    • While Megalo Box was quite enjoyable as well and the old aesthetic was... fresh?, I’d have liked to see more of the world it was set in maybe in exchange for some of the bromance towards the end though.
    • The 3D animation in Golden Kamuy was a fucking trainwreck and towards the end the characters seemed to be, though quite stylized as a base, uglier as well. In spite of that the story was great, but all in all I’d say it wasn’t a particularly good adaptation considering the reputation the manga has (or at least I think it has).
    • Shiro in Hoozuki no Reitetsu got some extra screen time this season and I was loving every second of it... though he probably wasn't always so thrilled.
    • Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori was surprisingly nice to watch. While it’s just a show about handsome guys doing tea shop things, the mild tone and Japanese tea shop aesthetic made a nice soothing experience. It wasn’t anything exciting and probably better watched on weekly basis, so a little too late for that.
    • Nanatsu no Taizai is the first anime where I rooted for bad guys to mop the floor with protagonists out of sheer curiosity what kind of ridiculous asspull will save the day this time.
    • This season also had a surprising number of shorts. And even more surprising is there were actually good ones. Fumikiri Jikan’s gotta be the best short since, and at the same time a little similar to, Tsurezure Children. If only the episodes were longer...
    • Nothing too special about Akkun to Kanojo except there’s tsundere boy and his GF and everyone else really is super cute. 2-cour so still airing in summer.
    • Isekai Izakaya – 10 minutes of europe-ish medieval people admiring japanese cuisine and tableware. It’s almost identical to last year’s Isekai Shokudou, but shorter and without fantasy elements (almost). And then there’s the second part – 5 minutes of an actual live-acted cooking in odd episodes and (I believe) a singer going around Tokyo restaurants and stuffing his face in even episodes (or maybe it was vice versa). The dishes are always being the ones that appeared earlier in anime part. It’s fucking great. Don’t watch it hungry though.
    • Best OPs, mostly by songs: WotaKoi, Hinamatsuri, HeroAca, Last Period, Megalo Box. None truly exceptional, but I think Megalo Box' will stick with me the longest.
    • Best EDs: Megalo Box, LoGH, Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori were fine. HisoMaso was perfect. And while writing I almost forgot -.-
    • Special mention: The photo club chase/competition in ep2 of Tada-kun was the best thing about that show and set my expectations too high.

Now about the summer season:
    • I’ve already posted about Grand Blue and Chio-chan.
    • The most intriguing show’s probably Hataraku Saibou. While also a comedy, I hope it’s gonna try to be at least a little educational in it’s own way. Like the colorless guy from PV being... white blood cell presumably. To use the unique setting better than Hakumei & Mikochi did.
    • I checked the PV for Hanebado! and was sold... for what I thought would be an ecchi sports comedy, dunno why (bouncing bewbs and Harukana Receive in same season I suppose). Maybe reading synopsis from time to time ain’t a bad idea. First episode was good but I hope they tone down the drama a little.
    • Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san looks to be the most degenerate out of all the shows this season. That’s gotta be good.
    • No real expectations from Aguu: Tensai Ningyou, I’m just curious how much of the trippy PV will be in the actual show.
    • Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes is going to be a trainwreck. But it is set at an atique shop so I at least want to give it a chance. But there’s no way it’s not gonna be a trainwreck. Reasons: studio, director.
    • Happy Sugar Life – Holy shit. nope, nope, nooooooope. Not gonna touch that.
    • Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu, Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria. Isekai harem no. 1 and 2. True that no. 1 has a lot of attention, but I don’t think I’ll bother with either of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu:

Lol. I put in on test.

- - - Updated - - -

seven deadly sins s2 ending holy shit they killed the maracas guy! overall besides Escanor being awesome a couple of times this whole season was pretty disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Has it come out yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hataraku Saibou (cells at work) is pretty good (op sucks tho).

Think of it like a:

As for rest of anime:
    Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san -- bleh
    Planet With -- meh
    Ongaku Shoujo -- trash
    Harukana Receive -- trash
    Satsuriku no Tenshi -- not sure abauth this one yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Has it come out yet?
    na, not yet I think.