Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    "We want classic servers!"

Blizzard introduces classic servers

"NO NOT LIKE THAT!"
    why is this always the way people see this?

I imagine it's more often like this:

"We don't really care about classic servers!"

"Ok, but at least make some small changes to fix the outright broken things?"
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    why is this always the way people see this?

I imagine it's more often like this:

"We don't really care about classic servers!"

But there is nothing concrete to go on yet. People make a million assumptions and then complain about those.

15+ Year Old Account
    With Holy Shield, Anticipation, Deflection and +14 Defense from Zul'Gurub enchants you're already well on the way to defense cap.

Couple of tanking items and enchants and you can be defense capped (and still using a spell power weapon for threat).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    "We want classic servers!"

"NO NOT LIKE THAT!"
    "You think you do, but you don't." might still turn out to be very much true.

How will I be able to show off my skill at druid\pally if they make them viable for everyone?
    They are plenty viable in their own way, and that is what separates the good from the bad.

Saying that druids and pallies NEED to tank raid content to be a viable class is a joke, they are busted in their own rights.

+ if anything with the release patch being Drums of Warm, Druid and Pally tanks will be viable in their own rights as well.
    Last edited by bozoben; 2018-07-06 at 04:05 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Because fixing those things you claim to be "broken" breaks a lot of other things. Then you have to start changing the overall concept and gameplay of every single class, and then your game has nothing classic but the name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Because fixing those things you claim to be "broken" breaks a lot of other things. Then you have to start changing the overall concept and gameplay of every single class, and then your game has nothing classic but the name.
    want to bet we end up with exactly that, with a good dose of 'bring the player not the class' thrown in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "You think you do, but you don't." might still turn out to be very much true.
    I always wondered if what he was thinking when he said that was 'you want classic but if today's bobby kotick activision-blizzard remakes it you will wish it had never happened.' Alluding to one of tolkien's letters, it would be gandalf as ring-lord.

I have posited this (along with the Frankenstein server suggestion) since nost closed and it still wouldn't surprise me a bit to be mostly right.

blizzard talks a lot of jazz with developement-period buzz management efforts, but just look at their design decision over the last decade. I still have trouble believing classic gets out the door without a good dose of modern game design theory and blizzard (modern) best values thrown in. this is a fortune 500 video game company that wants high-margin revenue more than anything else in the world and forum bias seems to be the expectation that they will forgo it in this case.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-07-08 at 12:00 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I like the idea of buffing prot pallies and druids just a little bit so they can become somewhat vialbe. But removing crushing blows will also make warriors better.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funniest part of CLassic, is the people I see saying they want classes to stay unviable or to only have certain specs able to do certain things are the same people I see always complaining about how retail WoW is shit because classes are equal and they need to nerf or buff people.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who have pirated blizzard software for years on private servers, stealing from blizz, should be happy blizz is doing retail wow.
    Though tbh i would prefer the pre-patch for tbc, to be the actual patch they come out with.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If you do that, then alliance has an extra class that can tank - then i want shamans to be able to tank too.
    Technically they can mate, just an fyi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzlehoof View Post
    I would think some minor tweaking in the talent tree/abilities could make them more viable. anyone have specific thoughts?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzlehoof View Post
    Rockbiter enchant and Earth Shock for days.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    >Want Vanilla
    >Shit on Live
    >Ask for QoL from Live

:rotfl:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    in a word: NO!

if you can't handle the fact that for raiding your only option is a warrior tank then this is not going to be for you, if you want to play a paladin get used to the idea of being a buff bot and healer/support, and forget playing a druid of any capacity outside of 'for teh lolz'.
    I think they should at least nerf the Warriors damage to be on a level with Paladins, Druids or Shamans. After all, they are a hybrid class, with the option of Tank and DPS Specs. It is really bad balancing and a severe design flaw as well as obvious class favoritism that the Warrior as only class is fully able to do two different roles on such a high level. So I think they should either nerf the prot warrior or the dmg specs of the warrior.

I think this is a sensible change to put the classes more on an equal playing field: If hybrids are supposed to be good in one role and worse on their other ones, Warriors also should be bad in DPS.

We're starting to see prime example of why Classic wasn't actually the glory days people make it out to be.

I don't think it should be fixed. Not out of spite, but because this is the classic experience. It needs to be bad just as much as it needs to be good; it has to be true to the vanilla experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember using druid tanks for Fankriss in AQ40. We also did Ony with a shaman tank once. Even spriest/warlock could tank! (vs twins >.>)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    Though tbh i would prefer the pre-patch for tbc, to be the actual patch they come out with.
    Talent trees would be super awkward. Arenas would be neat but the rest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I remember using druid tanks for Fankriss in AQ40. We also did Ony with a shaman tank once. Even spriest/warlock could tank! (vs twins >.>)

- - - Updated - - -

Talent trees would be super awkward. Arenas would be neat but the rest...
    Careful, by posting the above you'll upset the purists who never played nor understood druid tanks; but insist druids couldn't tank.
    Last edited by Epoch; 2018-07-14 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Deleted
    Pally don't have taunt in classic so they can never seriously tank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    Pally don't have taunt in classic so they can never seriously tank
    this in particular is so easy to fix that I will be very, very surprised if it isn't addressed.