Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    When does the pvp honor consolidation across characters happen? Pre patch ir release?

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Which is crazy... People wants to know every single details or every single patch. People don't like the surprise anymore, and then they get bored in a second when it gets releases. I understand how frustrating it must be for devs.

Personally, I am like who cares when it happens? When it happens it happens and I will login and have fun with the new patch
    Well I did care until I got the Mage tower stuff done that I wanted, now I do not. However people who are still doing them it is important to know.

My completely out of the blue speculation:
    If it's going to the be 17th we'll have an announcement tomorrow (10th)
    If it's going to be the 24th we'll have an announcement by the end of this work week (13th latest)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You could be right but I think this situation is pretty unique. I’ve been around for every prepatch transition and it’s seems to vary pretty widely as far as what content is there to keep players busy. Sometimes we get fun world event stuff that is novel but ultimately not enough to keep anxious players subscribed for months. Sometimes we get something huge, like the world revamp in Cata or a new class added like in Legion, that kind of stuff brings players back and keeps them subscribed until xpac launch. And then we have something like Mists, where there really wasn’t much new content to explore, just story scenario stuff. BFA prepatch seems to fall along that structure, and I can see Blizzard trying to milk the mage tower rush to discourage people from cancelling their subs until BFA launch.

While the 17th is most likely the day, it’s definjtely possible we get another week to work on mage towers. That is likely far more compelling for currently subscribed players to keep their sub than a few scenarios and class changes.
    Subscription numbers aren't an issue a month from the expansion launch though. Using the pre patch window to force all players to massively beta test and allowing BfA to launch as strong as possible is a much bigger issue for Blizzard. You can look at the last 4 pre patch windows, all had issues that were fixed for the most part allowing the game to launch smoothly. Hiccups like the WoD garrison nightmare wasn't something the pre patch could have fixed, take that rather large problem off the table and WoD launched very smoothly. Legion was as good as it gets for launch playability and the other more recent ones were far better than say BC or Wrath where servers were offline often and for hours during the first 2 to 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeonly Miser View Post
    My completely out of the blue speculation:
    If it's going to the be 17th we'll have an announcement tomorrow (10th)
    If it's going to be the 24th we'll have an announcement by the end of this work week (13th latest)
    Legion is the only one they have announced. You might be right though they might say something to try and quell the mage tower slackers complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
    When does the pvp honor consolidation across characters happen? Pre patch ir release?
    Pre patch. All changes happen at pre patch. It is when the expansion is essentially going live the only restriction is you don't have access to new land masses and content like that. This is why the pre patchs are the same first number as the expansion 8.0.01 or whatever it currently is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well I did care until I got the Mage tower stuff done that I wanted, now I do not. However people who are still doing them it is important to know.
    If you put off that content until the last week after they gave everybody well over a year, just buffed the crap out of weapons and left the quest giver up 100% you don't have a leg to stand on for getting upset when it is gone. Of course people will bitch and moan as soon as it is gone.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    If you put off that content until the last week after they gave everybody well over a year, just buffed the crap out of weapons and left the quest giver up 100% you don't have a leg to stand on for getting upset when it is gone. Of course people will bitch and moan as soon as it is gone.
    I do agree with you, and people will continue to complain but it would be really nice to know the exact date just for preparation sake since a shit ton of people are going to come back who have gold to spend

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So looks like in pre-patch we will have:

- Darkshore part I (up to stalemate)
    - Darkshore part II (with Burning of Teldrassil cinematic)
    - Siege of Lordareon (only with pre-order, dick move Blizz, if I remember correctly you didn't had buy Legion for Broken Shore and invasions)

Anything else? We know Siege will be available week before launch, so I guess Week I or III will be 'empty'.

Deleted
    It's the 17th, 10th is not going to happen they would have announced it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So looks like in pre-patch we will have:

- Darkshore part I (up to stalemate)
    - Darkshore part II (with Burning of Teldrassil cinematic)
    - Siege of Lordareon (only with pre-order, dick move Blizz, if I remember correctly you didn't had buy Legion for Broken Shore and invasions)

Anything else? We know Siege will be available week before launch, so I guess Week I or III will be 'empty'.
    It's not like you can't do Siege of Lordareon, preorders just get it early. Not really a "dick move".

Quote Originally Posted by Maseraty View Post
    There is no reason to give us more than 3 weeks, legion prepatch lasted for so long because we had the introduction of the DH, legion invasions and broken shore scenario.

BFA has nothing but Undercity/Darnasus scenarios and MAYBE the Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har orcs.
    and a complete stat squish. We need this much time to make sure every single bug is wiped out before bfa release. There is going to be a lot of bugs missed in ptr and beta since there is a shitload more players on live then there ever will be on beta.

I don't know if someone mentioned it yet but the armory app is closing down tomorrow, if thats any indication.

You might not be crazy, but you are wrong. They turn them off in the hours before hand, they aren't shutting it off for good just shutting them down while they launch the other stuff.
    Oh THAT's what you meant. That it goes down for a short while. Not for good. Yeah that makes more sense, because I did play beta during the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    The 10th is out because they have only a one hour maintenance scheduled. patch drops always have an 8 hour windwow scheduled. It's the 17th just as I said.

Legion is the only one they have announced. You might be right though they might say something to try and quell the mage tower slackers complaints.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...oth-october-14

My recollection is that there have been similar warnings for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Oh THAT's what you meant. That it goes down for a short while. Not for good. Yeah that makes more sense, because I did play beta during the prepatch.
    They still keep testing the max level and new stuff they just shut it all off for awhile leading up. There are a lot of ways they tip their hand and say when a patch is coming out be it a ptr mid expansion patch or a big expansion patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Legion is the only one they announced and that was only a few day warning. The others just pop up when they do. Now we know for certain it wont be the 10th because the beta isn't a release client nor is the PTR. They just gave away new beta keys Thursday. The beta and ptr are still both online right now they would close them down for a bit prior to the launch. They also just announced the end of the pvp season Thursday which means we still have a full week to wait.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Now we know for certain it wont be the 10th because the beta isn't a release client nor is the PTR.
    Not saying it is tomorrow but the PTR has been marked Release.

Legion is the only one they announced and that was only a few day warning.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/16296588
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6308782635

You were saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed its just normal maintenance tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Catchi View Post
    Confirmed its just normal maintenance tomorrow!

We will get an announcement between now and Friday but we will get it on the 17th.

Considering Concordance tops at 100... maybe they want to have it level up to the top before turning off artifacts so... it could be 31th.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    Considering Concordance tops at 100... maybe they want to have it level up to the top before turning off artifacts so... it could be 31th.
    *Insert Mike Tyson face* <3.