Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Apple core.... new cards and changes to the core set?

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Apple core.... new cards and changes to the core set?
    Apple core?

That's a juicy mango
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably just a teaser for next expansion, Outland related, Netherstorm/Shattrath(orc fruit vendor as posted earlier)

With daily card releases, it'll take a few weeks from announcement to launch anyway, which will make it the August expansion.

They just had another teaser showing an eye, maybe refering to "The Eye", otherwise known as the Tempest Keep raid in Netherstorm.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-07-10 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Deleted
    The Boomsday Project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH0wacpNuDQ

Magnetic minions (attach to Mechs). Legendary spells. Project cards (benefit for both players). Cards with extra effect when at 10 mana.

Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    The Boomsday Project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH0wacpNuDQ

Magnetic minions (attach to Mechs). Legendary spells. Project cards (benefit for both players). Cards with extra effect when at 10 mana.

Interesting stuff.
    Wow. So much cringe packed in 9 minutes. Never thought I'd say this but: So glad these guys got their own game to screw around with ._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Wow. So much cringe packed in 9 minutes. Never thought I'd say this but: So glad these guys got their own game to screw around with ._.
    So because they suck at acting, they make bad games? Or something? Is that what you're trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So because they suck at acting, they make bad games? Or something? Is that what you're trying to say?
    No. It's their attitude towards the game's fantasy setting. Everything is a parody. They deliberately go for the parody theme. Not because they are bad at comedy but because they chose "comedy" in the first place. I like serious fantasy settings. Parodies kill any immersion that I try to build up.

No. It's their attitude towards the game's fantasy setting. Everything is a parody. They deliberately go for the parody theme. Not because they are bad at comedy but because they chose "comedy" in the first place. I like serious fantasy settings. Parodies kill any immersion that I try to build up.
    Ahhh yes, considering Hearthstone released with a true GrimDark theme it's a real shame to be seeing this new promotional content detracting from the games gritty core experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Ahhh yes, considering Hearthstone released with a true GrimDark theme it's a real shame to be seeing this new promotional content detracting from the games gritty core experience.
    I have disliked the lighthearted theme of HS from the beginning. It has merely worsened now. Thank you for respecting my right to have an opinion.

I have disliked the lighthearted theme of HS from the beginning. It has merely worsened now. Thank you for respecting my right to have an opinion.
    I can respect your right to an opinion, I don't have to respect your opinion though. In this case HS has never promised to be anything other a lighthearted bit of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXl3QtutQI

To those who enjoy it though, it's gotten better.

Like pointed out, the game was never intended to be a serious fantasy setting. That complaint comes across as someone going to a baseball game and complaining they wanted to see an opera.

Anyway, hijacked the original post to add more information so we can just condense the discussion in here now.

I can respect your right to an opinion, I don't have to respect your opinion though. In this case HS has never promised to be anything other a lighthearted bit of fun.

Respecting one's right to have an opinion means to respect their opinion :3 And either way, the latter should be one's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    To those who enjoy it though, it's gotten better.

Like pointed out, the game was never intended to be a serious fantasy setting. That complaint comes across as someone going to a baseball game and complaining they wanted to see an opera.

Anyway, hijacked the original post to add more information so we can just condense the discussion in here now.
    I thorougly enjoyed Hearthstone for the first 3 years. Was a great fan. It's lighthearted theme was not the reason though. It was the awesome mechanics and fresh air of card gameplay. And the WoW themed cards. The reason I stopped playing Hearthstone is because it consumed too much of my daily time. Doesn't mean I would not have liked it more if it was more serious from the very beginning. Also some cards they add to the game have nothing to do with WoW's lore at this point and I started playing this game because it was WoW-themed. At this point they are only using WoW's main premise and building random ideas on top of it. Some ideas are cool, some are cringy. This one is from the latter in my opinion. Instead of Pandaria or Sunwell we get a third Goblin expansion :3 Not everyone likes Goblins ya know. And that mad scientist cliche in the video...

I think you can see the difference in the Vanilla Card set compared to now, the Vanilla set also had lighthearted cards, something like the angry Chicken or Mad Bomber, but it was much closer to the "Warcraft Humor" seen in WoW or previous RTS Games.

Hearthstone has gone full disney to some extent, especially the "Hearth and home" is something straight out of a disney franchise.

Generally speaking, i have the feeling that Hearthstone takes a bit too much liberty from Warcraft, obviously everything is noncanon but something like Medivh turning his tower into a giant disco or Gadgetzan suddenly becoming a town inspired by 20's Gangster movies is tad too far for my taste.

I think something like Un'goro was fine, took liberties from established Warcraft lore but showed something that would fit into Warcraft, the HS version of Un'goro is much more appealing than the WoW one.

As far as the expansion goes: Cool to see Mechs making a return, the Magnetic mechanic seems interesting, altough i fear it will create some insane tempo decks.

Deleted
    Im not a fan of the theme...mechanical...again? Jesus Christ.

When will they release a Pirate expansion?

Mecha Jaraxxus? OH HELL YES. I'm already sold. I don't even care if he's good, I'm putting him in my deck. All hail the Robodar Lord of the Trifling Mechagnome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting ideas, I wonder how magnetic and the 10 mana thing work. If you have a minion on board and then play a magnetic minion and magnetize it can it still attack?
    Regarding the minions labeled "if you have 10 mana crystals" is that 10 full mana crystals as in it has to be played at the start of your turn or is it any point of your turn once you have 10 mana?

Saying all that I'm liking this new expac idea so far, nice to see mechs coming back into the game in force and what legendary spells we will be getting and mecha jaraxxus is sexy as fuck I may have to break my f2p rule just to have him as my hero.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Mecha Jaraxxus? OH HELL YES. I'm already sold. I don't even care if he's good, I'm putting him in my deck. All hail the Robodar Lord of the Trifling Mechagnome!
    After seeing the full art for him, it looks very similar to the animated portraits we get for hero icons, rather than hero cards. I'm thinking he might be a new Warlock hero icon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    After seeing the full art for him, it looks very similar to the animated portraits we get for hero icons, rather than hero cards. I'm thinking he might be a new Warlock hero icon.
    Yes that is correct: https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/5637-...rthstones-next