Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Who had the brilliant idea to gate Alliance allied races behind Argus reputation?

Can somebody tell me?

I just reactivated my sub to prepare for BfA. As an Alliance main I thought it would be nice for the future to unlock Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei although both are not necessarily races I would play.

Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?

In comparison the Horde version of this is super easy and has been most likely finished two months into Legion. And Alliance has to grind BOTH Argus factions?

I know I'm half a year too late with my rant but this is just horrible game design. Locking something like two new races behind the worst reputation grind in years.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Oh well...
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2018-07-13 at 07:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm sorry, it was me! My bad, I promise I won't do it again!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    They want to force people to buy boosts.
    What kind of boosts though? I'd happily pay $20 to avoid the reputation grind because it's just awful and 0 fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'm sorry, it was me! My bad, I promise I won't do it again!
    Actually,

*unhoods self*

It was me!

*Gasps*

Where else would you, Logically they only fit in with that questline... Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves.

Boost wont help a rep grind.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Eh, they're not that bad. Yes, the other Broken Isles ones are better and easier to do, but the worst grind was for the Void Elves, since there are fewer quests that up rep with them (though you can run that one heroic for them daily and get a nice rep boost for it). Plus you've got missions and then Kirin Tor caches to help make up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Where else would you, Logically they only fit in with that questline... Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves.
    I know but exalted? And then the overall tediousness of Argus + the super unfriendly content for players returning to the game? Sounds like an awesome idea to entertain people before BfA launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Eh, they're not that bad. Yes, the other Broken Isles ones are better and easier to do, but the worst grind was for the Void Elves, since there are fewer quests that up rep with them (though you can run that one heroic for them daily and get a nice rep boost for it). Plus you've got missions and then Kirin Tor caches to help make up the difference.
    You can't fly and everything on Argus is like 10x worse to reach than in Suramar or Highmountain so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What kind of boosts though? I'd happily pay $20 to avoid the reputation grind because it's just awful and 0 fun.
    oh my... if you dont have it on exalted. DO YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAME ??

its just a fucking Skin anyway

Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?
    I'm pretty sure the developers would disagree with Argus being the worst zone ever. They have no reason to think it's painful if they like the content. So it's reasonable for them to put a grind on content that they like.

There should be more world quests for Argussian reach though.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post

what part of "i reactivated my sub..." you didnt get?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I know but exalted? And then the overall tediousness of Argus + the super unfriendly content for players returning to the game? Sounds like an awesome idea to entertain people before BfA launch.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't fly and everything on Argus is like 10x worse to reach than in Suramar or Highmountain so...
    10x worse is an exaggeration. Yes, there's very limited quest chains to help, but if you just keep at it every day it doesn't take that long. I think it took me two weeks. And if you learn your way around Argus you can usually mount up and ride anywhere you need to go without getting dismounted. Plus there are a lot of teleporter spots and Goblin Gliders to help.

EDIT: Think of it this way. If you just do your dailies every day, you'll be done well before BfA hits. Probably not in time for pre-patch, but /shrug

"I just reactivated my sub to prepare for BfA"

"In comparison the Horde version of this is super easy and has been most likely finished two months into Legion. And Alliance has to grind BOTH Argus factions? "

So ? Just because you already finished horde ones long ago because you played since start of legion doesn't mean you can come back anytime you want and complain about allied races that weren't featured on Legion at all.

And horde version is not super easy, it's super easy FOR YOU. Some people who just subbed now find it easier to unlock Void elves than Nightborne.

Allied races were announced months ago, Argus is here since around a year now, you had enough time to do it and reputation is not that hard to get to exalted.
    If you come back from a long break, there is obviously a lot of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post

I quit Legion after the first or second week of 7.3 (can't remember, I think 09/17) because the content on Argus is just terrible and next to (if not) the worst ever implemented into the game. Fortunately I've already been almost Revered on both factions because doing that sh*t from friendly to exalted... just no.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-07-10 at 05:34 PM.

snip
    Horrible decision by Blizzard, yet the white-knights will just blame you for not playing actively throughout the Argus patch. "Erp derp do you even play legion!?"

I was in the same boat and it sucked donkey balls. Worst part? The races are not even fucking worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    And horde version is not super easy, it's super easy FOR YOU. Some people who just subbed now find it easier to unlock Void elves than Nightborne.
    For Hightmountain and Suramar you actually have quests that give you reputation. The handful of Q on Argus in comparison is laughable at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Horrible decision by Blizzard, yet the white-knights will just blame you for not playing actively throughout the Argus patch. "Erp derp do you even play legion!?"

I was in the same boat and it sucked donkey balls. Worst part? The races are not even fucking worth it.
    I mean just imagine a player that's new to the game in BfA and wants to unlock them. Just L O L. They'd rather quit the game than finish the grind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody tell me?
    because the entire point of allied races is to be an unlockable reward in game and those factions make the most sense rewarding them?

Formerly known as Arafal

There is no boost to skip Argus rep.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you can't buy boosts for races you haven't unlocked. Try again please.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.