Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I know I'm half a year too late with my rant but this is just horrible game design. Locking something like two new races behind the worst reputation grind in years.
    No its not! its not a hand out for lazy people like you - if you want it you put in the work, like you have been told 6 month ago....
    and no, Horde version was not finished 2 month into game, now go get a blog to rant how horde biased blizzard is....

ps: its not hard but dont come back 5 days before a new expac and expect everything from the old xpac handed out to you just because you unsubbed 2 month into legion....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ps: its not hard but dont come back 5 days before a new expac and expect everything from the old xpac handed out to you just because you unsubbed 2 month into legion....
    Allied races are a feature of the upcoming and not the recent expansion that you only unlock with buying BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Can somebody tell me?

I just reactivated my sub to prepare for BfA. As an Alliance main I thought it would be nice for the future to unlock Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei although both are not necessarily races I would play.

Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?

In comparison the Horde version of this is super easy and has been most likely finished two months into Legion. And Alliance has to grind BOTH Argus factions?

I know I'm half a year too late with my rant but this is just horrible game design. Locking something like two new races behind the worst reputation grind in years.
    It's weird... It's like you wrote this without considering why those two races, both closely tied to the Argus part of the story, would have requirements tied to the Argus part of the story...

How bad are you going to feel after you grind it for the next few weeks (maybe longer if you're not dedicated), and then they're unlocked for everyone on Aug 14? : )

Lastly, so while you feel Argus content is 'the worst world content', also consider that it's the easiest rep to power through (from 0 to exalted) in Legion.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged makes perfect sense.

Void Elves though? ehhhhhh, it's a stretch at best. Sure, tie them to the campaign itself, purely because the player needs to play through Allerias story. But the Agrussian Reach? That part is a bit odd. To me that just seems like they just picked them because reasons due to not already having a VE based/associated rep in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Lightforged makes perfect sense.

Void Elves though? ehhhhhh, it's a stretch at best. Sure, tie them to the campaign itself, purely because the player needs to play through Allerias story. But the Agrussian Reach? That part is a bit odd. To me that just seems like they just picked them because reasons due to not already having a VE based/associated rep in the game.
    Yeah, they're absolutely disconnected from any lore in game right now. And the really bad Alleria questline isn't necessarily something I'd call "lore" yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I know but exalted? And then the overall tediousness of Argus + the super unfriendly content for players returning to the game? Sounds like an awesome idea to entertain people before BfA launch.
    It is your own fault for quitting. You cannot expect to be on the same level as everyone else by not playing the game. If you had been there when Argus opened then you would have found it easy to get the rep just like the millions of people who did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Can somebody tell me?

I just reactivated my sub to prepare for BfA. As an Alliance main I thought it would be nice for the future to unlock Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei although both are not necessarily races I would play.

Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?

In comparison the Horde version of this is super easy and has been most likely finished two months into Legion. And Alliance has to grind BOTH Argus factions?

You play the game and do some stuff to get rewards. If you don't play the stuffs, you don't get the rewards.

What kind of example is this? Netherwing Drakes are TBC content. Allied races are BfA content (that you only get when you buy BfA) - so again, what kind of argument is this? Doing Legion content to unlock a BfA feature is horrible game design.

- - - Updated - - -

If Argus and 7.3 wouldn't have been the worst content since... maybe 4.1 and the revamped ZG/ZA dungeons, I wouldn't have stopped playing.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be very surprised if they keep them. You can't lock BfA content behind Legion content when BfA is released.
    Since four allied races were introduced a good six months before BFA launched, those four would be considered Legion content.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Since four allied races were introduced a good six months before BFA launched, those four would be considered Legion content.
    I've found that trying to have a discussion on the semantics of what features/content belongs to which expansion is futile. People have their stances and will not change them. They fail to realize that you can have content bridge between expansions too. Same discussion happened during Cataclysm. Many folks complained that the entire vanilla revamp was not Cataclysm content because it was available to people who did not have Cataclysm at that time. So they then said Blizz was lazy because the entire vanilla revamp was not part of Cataclysm. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I've found that trying to have a discussion on the semantics of what features/content belongs to which expansion is futile. People have their stances and will not change them. They fail to realize that you can have content bridge between expansions too. Same discussion happened during Cataclysm. Many folks complained that the entire vanilla revamp was not Cataclysm content because it was available to people who did not have Cataclysm at that time. So they then said Blizz was lazy because the entire vanilla revamp was not part of Cataclysm. /facepalm
    I'm waiting for someone to pull out the "But you had to preorder!" card.

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxliev View Post
    Be sure to always do Argus weekly quest (from Turalyon on Vindicaar). It gives 1000 rep for both factions. If you are not in rush this is the easiest way to do this. Also be sure to level up your minions in order hall, you can get 750 rep missions there as well. It's not that bad but I understand frustration.

Oh and one more tip a lot of rep insignia in legion is account bound not character bound (not sure if world quests or order hall quests) if you have alts do them all whenever possible.
    Yeah about that.

On my main, the rep tokens are account bound. but on my alts, they are soulbound.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Yeah about that.

On my main, the rep tokens are account bound. but on my alts, they are soulbound.
    I've found that the tokens for factions I'm already exalted with are account bound, while the others are soulbound.

#wwgd

7+ Year Old Account
    Should've played the game quieter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I've found that the tokens for factions I'm already exalted with are account bound, while the others are soulbound.
    That's why none of my alts is exalted yet.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

That's why none of my alts is exalted yet.
    Why would you want an alt exalted? The allied race requirements are account wide.

Other than OP, there are people who say they were having a baby and whining about grinding is hard work. Well this is an MMO. You either deal with it or don't. If real life obligations has started taking too much time may be you should try some new genre.

Blizzard stated their stance in their blue posts that gaming is a luxury; a person is not required, forced or has to play WoW. It's the players burden to play the game with it's conditions.

And to be fair the game is much more accessible and casual recent years. I know it's harsh to face the reality but to be completely objective, people have 2 choices in the matter. They either close their browser and start farming or quit the game and get on with their real life obligations. Whining won't take you anywhere.

If you are one of the people who whines for the sake of it. Well, this forum has a lot of it. You won't be special. You can find a whine thread about every different matter here.
    Last edited by Grusalugg; 2018-07-11 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Thank you. Some of my finest work.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion content eh?

Why do you have to purchase BfA to get them then?

- - - Updated - - -

But you did? So how is it Legion content?
    Because Legion runs from the hour it was released to the hour that BFA is released. The content was developed and released during Legion, thus... Legion content.

#wwgd

Yeah, they're absolutely disconnected from any lore in game right now. And the really bad Alleria questline isn't necessarily something I'd call "lore" yet.
    Lore is whatever story Blizzard wants to present. It matters not what you think is lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay.

So why does my account need to have BfA attached to it for the content to appear inside the game?

Is your brain doing mental gymnastics right now?
    Normally never agree with scarecrowz, but it's BfA content. Unless you upgraded to BfA, you cannot access them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grusalugg View Post
    Other than OP, there are people who say they were having a baby and whining about grinding is hard work. Well this is an MMO. You either deal with it or don't. If real life obligations has started taking too much time may be you should try some new genre.

Blizzard stated their stance in their blue posts that gaming is a luxury; a person is not required, forced or has to play WoW. It's the players burden to play the game with it's conditions.

And to be fair the game is much more accessible and casual recent years. I know it's harsh to face the reality but to be completely objective, people have 2 choices in the matter. They either close their browser and start farming or quit the game and get on with their real life obligations. Whining won't take you anywhere.

If you are one of the people who whines for the sake of it. Well, this forum has a lot of it. You won't be special. You can find a whine thread about every different matter here.
    The OP has posts talking about all these allied races and their requirements dating back to Jan. He quit in like Sept of 2017. He is just bitching for the sake of bitching.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I just came back, why should I put any effort into anything, just give it for free BabyRage "
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah about that.

The rep tokens from argus world quests are always account bound and definitely worth farming on as many characters as you can if you want to funnel everything to a single character to get exalted asap. Only the ones from follower missions are soulbound if you're not exalted. Not 100% sure on the tokens you can get from invasions.

- - - Updated - - -

"I came back because BfA is launching soon. Thought I would check out one of the features I paid for. Oh? I need to grind Legion content to "unlock" something I paid for? That's odd."

Fixed it for ya.
    Mfw people dont understand a company's strategy to push presales LULW There's no lore reason it's all business.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla