Thread: Why Silithus?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Either way, I doubt any MMO-C user can give you closure on this. I'm curious, too, but we'll have to wait and see to find out, assuming we ever do.
    Well maybe I missed some hints from beta or something like that, that's why I asked.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to believe it was purposeful, and will mean something we don't know yet... But my heart tells me it was just fire and forget.

Will be happy to be wrong though.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Do we know that yet? Are there any implications or hints I missed or is it still a mystery why exactly Sargeras targeted Silithus?
    Iam still wondering what got owned by his hand when he put that on azeroth to stab it. What did that crush?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Suppose it was just random and also the best place on the map for Blizzard to destroy that wouldn't impact anyone really.

That said, I want to know what happened to the area where he put his hand down on the planet...
    Same freaking here
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know that yet? Are there any implications or hints I missed or is it still a mystery why exactly Sargeras targeted Silithus?
    He didn't have a specific target when he shanked Azeroth.....

- - - Updated - - -

Be glad he his random stab didn't hit large city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, I doubt any MMO-C user can give you closure on this. I'm curious, too, but we'll have to wait and see to find out, assuming we ever do.
    The silithids have updated models now. Blizz normally updates those when adding to the story so I'm guessing there will be something about them. Alliance side the quest to collect their brains for the gnomes. When you turn in the quest she says something about the silithids evolving and adapting.

I'm willing to bet there will be something about them or cthun related to that sword strike but we will see
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    The silithids have updated models now. Blizz normally updates those when adding to the story so I'm guessing there will be something about them. Alliance side the quest to collect their brains for the gnomes. When you turn in the quest she says something about the silithids evolving and adapting.

I'm willing to bet there will be something about them or cthun related to that sword strike but we will see
    I certainly don't think you're wrong. Updated models are borderline foreshadowing in WoW.

I've also speculated Sargeras' sword may have some impact on N'zoth, but I don't believe anything in the lore states he's near Silithus. Anywho, I'm sure Blizzard will make it have some impact other than the obvious one. I can't wait!

Deleted
    its the furthest away. your traveltime there is like 10min+. it keeps you in the game longer

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    its the furthest away. your traveltime there is like 10min+. it keeps you in the game longer
    But there's the Uldum portal so...

- - - Updated - - -

I've also speculated Sargeras' sword may have some impact on N'zoth, but I don't believe anything in the lore states he's near Silithus.
    Well, Silithus is C'thun territory.

But there's the Uldum portal so...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Silithus is C'thun territory.
    True. Does that mean it can't be shared with any others?

True. Does that mean it can't be shared with any others?
    I think it indeed does mean that, yes. The Old Gods divided the (old) world into their own territories as you can see here:

Link to the picture as it is displayed so small: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160316000039

That's the other question: did he deliberately attack Silithus or was it just "fire and forget".
    It is a zone used for almost nothing and doesn't impact the rest of the game. It is almost always skipped by people leveling so an influx of players briefly doing quests there isn't going to cause any issues.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

From a design perspective, I honestly think it's the only zone that doesn't really have anything going on there. There are a few quests, but I can't fathom anyone going there.
    On top of that "nothing good has ever come out of silithus".

Sargeras' reason? Probably none, he just stabbed randomly. Unless they want to retcon a "he was stabbing the source of the corruption" bullshit story two years from now.

The lore reason? They may do something with Ahn'Qiraj or C'thun. They may not.

The gameplay reason? It was a useless zone that didn't really get remade in Cataclysm and could be safely destroyed, unlike most others. This was probably the main reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly don't think you're wrong. Updated models are borderline foreshadowing in WoW.

I've also speculated Sargeras' sword may have some impact on N'zoth, but I don't believe anything in the lore states he's near Silithus. Anywho, I'm sure Blizzard will make it have some impact other than the obvious one. I can't wait!
    Agreed. That hearthstone picture, ilygnoth and xalatath have some good clues.

Illy mentions "to find him drown yourself in the circle of stars". This is sometimes thought to be the starts formation above Temple of Earth in deepholm. Not sure if this is true but interestingly that hearthstone teaser shows an octopus like thing over the chest and it's outline is drawn in stars.

Haven't looked much into that yet so who knows.

I fully agree that he's not in silithus though perhaps they tie it into nzoth using cthun or something to get stronger based on xalatath "the weakest of us will inherit this world" and nzoth as per Chronicles (so far) is slotted to be the weakest with ysharjj the strongest.

Can't wait. Old od lore is the best part of wow. Hopefully they breeze past this filler faction thing and we head on to the real stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    Sargeras can cleave in a planet in half, he has in the past. If he only stabbed it, he had a reason and chose Silithus with purpose, imo.
    Yes, he had a reason to stab. He was to close for a proper swing and a stab was all he could do from there. But he made no effort to hit any particular place, he just stabbed what happened to be in front of him.

Even if he had tried to aim, we couldn't be certain he actually hit what he wanted to.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    As we all know, there is no external threat in Battle for Azeroth, the sword just randomly hit Silithus. And we should count our fortune as nothing is in Silithus except cultists and bugs. Fact. Confirmed by Sylvanas in BtS.
    Exactly. Horde vs. Alliance only. Faction conflict! Absolutely no Old Gods or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    He didn't have a specific target when he shanked Azeroth.....

- - - Updated - - -

Be glad he his random stab didn't hit large city.
    Why would I be glad about that? I would've preferred it.

Deleted
    Story wise, we don't know. It could have been coincidence.

Gameplay wise... because no one cares about Silithus.

In story, I think it's just where his sword happened to hit.

Out of story, Silithus is a boring zone with not much going on so it was a good choice.

I'm just sad the sword doesn't talk like in Super Mario RPG.

What makes you think he was aiming for Silithus? He just wanted to destroy Azeroth before he got sucked away into titan prison. Silithus was the lucky zone that got stabbed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm just sad the sword doesn't talk like in Super Mario RPG.
    I knew that sword was missing something...