10+ Year Old Account
    From a neutral, or well not really, I like France way more than England.

Kane is far better Giroud. The look on Griezman and Mbappé faces when they set him up with sitters is amusing.

Pickford is not better than Lloris, Pickford is at a club he should be, as is Lloris, they are both overrated and should not be at bigger clubs than they are already.

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    That none of the other teams have supporters that are (somewhat) vocal and are genuinely positive (even if overly so) about their team?
    Yes, I'm sure only England supporters were positive about their team

Although it looks like it still isn't clear for most people that the whole "it's coming home" thing is/was used mostly jokingly, exaggerating the enthusiasm on purpose. (At least on the internet, not talking about people getting tattoos about England winning the cup and shit)
    Claiming it's ironic/joking and still proceed to spam the shit out of the whole Internet with it doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

I don't know why you're even trying to justify it, everyone who's been around the internet knows that forum goers'/commenters' favourite pastime is shitting on other people. Especially if they show some degree of enthusiasm/happiness about something, so this is a prime opportunity.
    Russians fans were passionnate and Russia was even more of a surprise accomplishment than England, and Russia is certainly much more unpopular in the West than England.
    Yet nobody had anything to say about Russian fans.
    + It clearly has nothing to do with the team itself, IMO England was in the top 5 most likable squads. (Along with full-on underdogs like Japan, Korea & Iceland) Full of young & inexperienced players who really wanted to go far, no diving or dirty play; like seriously, wtf is there about them that you could hate on?
    Hey, we agree on this one. I have absolutely no hate for England team, and I agree they are rather likeable.
    In fact, without all the BS around it, I would even have supported them.

Face it : England fans (and media) were just a fucking pain. That's the alpha and the omega of it, and the attempts to try to deflect/blame anything else just make it worse.
    Just try to be less goddam annoying next time and all will be well.

Remember: Having national pride and being patriotic is fantastic. Unless you're a DIRTY FUCKING BRIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You missed the obvious sarcasm.
    That's because it wasn't obvious xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Remember: Having national pride and being patriotic is fantastic. Unless you're a DIRTY FUCKING BRIT!
    Glad we're on the same page!

Take a look at the fanbase and how unbearably obnoxious they've been - don't be surprised every other country on earth wills you to fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh if you can't handle some banter and some honest fandom you probably shouldn't really follow football. This happens everywhere. Good luck being in Holland and able to read the language when they're doing well. Even the fucking pastry is orange.

Deleted
    Spécial shout out to England trying to restart the game while Croatia were celebrating off the pitch.
    Good manners and sportsmanship certainly aren't coming home.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I work with England fans and they've been unbearable since game one.
    Getting completely carried away.
    The thing I find funniest, is that a large amount of them seem to deride a lot of Scots/Welsh/etc for not getting behind England, because "they've done really really well to get that far and you're all jealous", "you should support another UK team when it does well", etc. This, despite the fact that most of them refused to show any support for Wales when they did just as well in Euro '16 lmao. Hypocrisy much.

Deleted
    now i will never get to see danny rose commiting Harakiri with the corner flag after missing a penalty in the final.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Meh if you can't handle some banter and some honest fandom you probably shouldn't really follow football. This happens everywhere. Good luck being in Holland and able to read the language when they're doing well. Even the fucking pastry is orange.
    Is it as Orange as Roy Keane?
    Cause he was like an alcoholic oompa loompa.

Deleted
    made wright look like a cunt, suppose it isnt hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Blame my stupid autocorrect
    Ah, fair enough. Gets me all the time too. I do think he was decent last night though. He was our out ball when we were under pressure and when he went off we lost that.

The biggest worry for this side, other than our lack of goals from open play, was our inability to find a Plan B. When Perisic and Rebic started pushing our fullbacks back we were left with 3 in midfield to deal with the 3 Croatian midfielders and the 2 fullbacks. We got absolutely overrun and Southgate's response was to switch Dier in for Henderson as if what we needed was just fresh legs rather than a change in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    You're right though that the football wasn't great and I'm at a complete loss as to why Gareth Southgate is being hailed a managerial God for this world cup run. Chris Coleman reached a semi final too you know. Oh but he's nice and he wears a waistcoat, 6 year deal it is.
    Yeah, he didn't do anything to change the game last night, we still don't score enough goals from open play and despite all the hype about us playing football 'the right way' we still ended up lumping long balls at the end of the match. He's done well with less quality available to him than some previous managers but people have gone overboard.

Wouldn't take a single english player into our starting eleven, not one.
    Lingard for Pogba - France need a vibes man.

10+ Year Old Account

Fucking disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    made wright look like a cunt, suppose it isnt hard.
    That it isn't...
    Keane is like an alcoholic uncle who's turned up at the family do and is just waiting for a certain topic to come up to give someone à battering.

Deleted
    That it isn't...
    Keane is like an alcoholic uncle who's turned up at the family do and is just waiting for a certain topic to come up to give someone à battering.
    everyone hates him, even his dog killed itself.

Glad we're on the same page!

Take a look at the fanbase and how unbearably obnoxious they've been - don't be surprised every other country on earth wills you to fail.
    Don't forget that Brexit is racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Yeah sure, he was making nationalistic rants and somehow was talking about some no-name pizzeria in the middle of nowhere and not bombing Belgrad, like the Ustasha cunt that he is.

I explained what it is, it's up to you to look it up, and confirm or not the story.

https://www.facebook.com/Pizzeria-Be...5943565231662/

Pizzeria Belgrad - Kyiv, Ukraine - Menu, Prices, Restaurant Reviews

Gorim of želje, I am burning with desire ... Burning has a positive quotation in Serbo-Croatian , only Serbian or only Croatian , language. Dos do not always imply bad things
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-07-12 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    So again, it seems like

>Be foreign
    >Learn English
    >Go on English speaking websites
    >Get upset when England fans support England

There's a reason I haven't seen what the majority of Croatian fans have been saying - I don't know Croatian. I don't have to know Croatian, in fact, I had to check to see if Croatian is a real language. But it's not just Croatia, I don't know Portuguese either. Perhaps some of the resident Portugeezers can point me in the direction of a Portuguese football website, and I can crack out Google translate and tell people off for talking about the Portuguese football team. Or Sweden. Or Germany. Or, maybe, I just won't give a fuck.

Deleted
    Screw us for being multi lingual right?

Looks no further than the scots, welsh and irish (not to mention level headed englishmen) who were chuffed to bits to see England dumped out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It was the best RESULT in 22 years - as I already mentioned they were very lucky with the draw.
    Anyone who has watched England knows its the best performance too (This is not a great indictment of our performances), except maybe 98, but certainly the best performance at World cup since then, without question.