Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    But attacking someone's sense of morality over what you perceive to be war crimes in a fictional setting definitely contributes and is in no way hypocritical.
    Dont worry about it bro. Dude just wanted to get some last word in lol. Trying to float their boat I guess?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Do you really think the warcheif with the backing of all of the horde is the same as one general in command because every one else is dead or a zombie with litteraly no one backing him but the men he has with him?
    Technically, they both were the highest authorities within their respective factions at the time. Of course, the scale of Garrosh's case was bigger, but then again, we all know how much backing he had. So much that his Horde raided him for lewts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    He didn't know anything about Eyir, he did know she was there to steal power.
    No he didn't. The quest texts make it very clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiving Sentinel View Post
    There's no consistency at all. Magnitude of the attacks is relevant. Taurajo was nothing. Most of the inhabitants escaped. You can't say the same for Silverwind Refuge, the druid school in Stonetalon or Southshore. Or Theramore.
    Yes there is. All the things you mentioned has nothing to do with consistency in stance of the guy I quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    But attacking someone's sense of morality over what you perceive to be war crimes in a fictional setting definitely contributes and is in no way hypocritical.
    You entered a thread specifically talking about morality of actions in a fictional setting. I really don't know what you expected.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    You entered a thread specifically talking about morality of actions in a fictional setting. I really don't know what you expected.
    ^That.

The topic is literally a question of justification. Which is a moral concept and does not exist in any other context. Well... okay... there's also leveling out objects and text in html or whatever, but I highly doubt the OP was asking about whether Sylvanas's image on some website was correctly positioned.

If you're not in this thread to discuss the morality presented in the game's world, you're gonna have a bad time.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    If we must agree to disagree, here, it is because your morality is flexible where it applies to war crimes. And that is somewhat disconcerting.
    This is a comment on a real person's morality, not morality in game context, but please continue conflating the two whenever it suits your arguments. I fully expect protestations of innocence and offended dignity, just as soon as you've looked up the appropriate big words and memes to disguise your inability to separate the game and real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Technically, they both were the highest authorities within their respective factions at the time. Of course, the scale of Garrosh's case was bigger, but then again, we all know how much backing he had. So much that his Horde raided him for lewts.
    the horde didn't turn against garrosh until he started targeting them there really not comparable the horde backed him up on every thing until they were the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    Just think about it, they wanted peace after MoP And They Had it, what did the alliance do in the meantime?

Jaina threatens to end the horde and tries to convince Varian to kill the horde leaders at the end of SoO
    Greymane assault horde troops unprovoked and loses the sky breaker
    Caila Menethil tries to cause mass rebelions and defections within lordaeron and the forsaken to the alliance
    They attack and murder innocent goblin miners who are mining for Azerite
    I'm pretty sure even Sylvanas says that Calia was acting independently.

But on to the actual list:

1. Yes, but it never happens. The fact that Varian didn't kill all horde leaders, destroyed Orgrimmar or even demanded back the occupied territory taken by the Horde during Cata should be a pretty telling sign that the Alliance isn't looking for conflict.

2. Probably the only valid reason.

3. The goblins attacked first and they aren't really innocent considering they are furthering the injury of Azeroth possibly threatening to kill the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

If Sylvanas HAD to attack the alliance, she should've just plague bombed ironforge or stormwind where the war machinery of the alliance is made.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2018-07-12 at 03:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Liberal Mitten View Post
    1. Yes, but it never happens. The fact that Varian didn't kill all horde leaders, destroyed Orgrimmar or even demanded back the occupied territory taken by the Horde during Cata should be a pretty telling sign that the Alliance isn't looking for conflict.
    Exactly this. If the Alliance was truely targeting to destroy the Horde, they had the perfect chance, but didn't do it. Varian could've done it perfectly at that point without lots of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Exactly this. If the Alliance was truely targeting to destroy the Horde, they had the perfect chance, but didn't do it. Varian could've done it perfectly at that point without lots of trouble.
    its amusing to read things like this since the end of pandaria until now, do you really believe that if the alliance attack the horde there and will be able to leave th room alive counting that only a bunch of soldiers and jaina were there and mekkatorke on the proximity and on the other side some grunts and all of the horde leaders? my gosh

on topic the attack to the keldorei lands its acceptable as they are a hostile to the horde (not so much how they kill civilians on astraanar) and teldrassil is a legitimate target (we dont know why the tree is now a bonfire or who did it), and in response of that the attack to undercity its reasonable.

let be honest as it is shows in game both the alliance and the horde have no reason to trust each other (Graymane attack on stormheim and the azerite with the horde) so i think it is ok (sadly the nelfs are begin handle very poorly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    its amusing to read things like this since the end of pandaria until now, do you really believe that if the alliance attack the horde there and will be able to leave th room alive counting that only a bunch of soldiers and jaina were there and mekkatorke on the proximity and on the other side some grunts and all of the horde leaders? my gosh
    Absolutely, maybe not in the same room, but afterwards in the grand scheme of things the Alliance had the upper hand there. Horde was weakened as hell, the Alliance captured their capitol, the war was basically won at that point. It's a fact that the Alliance was mercifull enough to leave the Horde be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Yeah well, maybe Sylvanas should just get over it? You know, like everyone tells Genn to get over certain past events. If she wants to doom the world she can do so this expansion.
    according to the writing she doesn't even bother putting it into her thoughts it only gets brought up by people citing better reasons to start shit than this Azerite business that is getting forced harder than grandpa after he chugs his blue pills.

People don't even know it wasn't the first time Alliance forces tried to take out a warchief like that.

Sylvanas: WE HAVE REASONS TO ASSUME THAT THE ALLIANCE ARE PLANNING ON SHIPPING AZERITE TO STORMWIND FROM TELDRASSIL! THIS MAY POSE A THREAT! KNOWING ANDUIN AND HIS PET DOG, THEY MIGHT CREATE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION TO USE AGAINST US! WE CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN!

Horde: GO SYLVANAS!

Me (AKA, that 1 Forsaken Warlock): I just fought the Legion. You just met Anduin. You'd assume that ANDUIN...FUCKING ANDUIN would let the Alliance create weapons of mass destruction? Okay then. Let's conquer Teldrassil I guess?

*Sees Saurfang let Malfurion go like a dipshit*

Me: THE FUCK?!

*Sees Teldrassil burning*

Me: WHAT THE FUCK?!

*Sees Sylvanas trying to create WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION VIA USING AZERITE! Ya know? Something the Alliance has only done ONCE?! And that's VIA a Warfront World BOSS?!*

Me: HYPOCRITICAL BITCH!

*Sees Sylvanas invading Non-Alliance towns, all because they're "LOCATED IN KUL'TIRAS! HUR DURR!"

Me: *Snorts* HAHA! M O R A L L Y G R E Y BTW HAHA! *Snorts*

*Sees N'zoth laughing in the backround*

Me: *Slowly unsubscribes*

- - - Updated - - -

TDLR: It was justified if you're on the Horde's point of view. However, I don't call BURNING the damn Tree "justified". Nor do I call hypocrisy "justifications"...

"OH YEAH! I DON'T WANT THE ALLIANCE MAKING AZERITE WEAPONS AGAINST THE HORDE! SO, LEMME JUST TAKE SOME AZERITE, AND CREATE SOME NEW AZERITE WEAPONRY AGAINST THE ALLIANCE, ALL FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE HORDE! CAUSE, THAT MAKES TOTAL LOGICAL SENSE, RIGHT?! RIGHT?!"

Like, shut the fuck up, Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Absolutely, maybe not in the same room, but afterwards in the grand scheme of things the Alliance had the upper hand there. Horde was weakened as hell, the Alliance captured their capitol, the war was basically won at that point. It's a fact that the Alliance was mercifull enough to leave the Horde be.
    i think you are very bias, as far blizz has stated several time the alliance took heavy loses on his militia before SoO thats why they need the revelion to be able to deal with garrosh's horde, neither side alone would be able to deal with him on its own. the alliance lose a lot on MoP and the wins they have were few without a real gain (not even able to reclaim territories that garrosh conquered) and on books.

cannon wise we dont know who deal with what on SoO and the loses for each side, what we know is who were on that room and on the proximities (you need to remember that most of the horde was on thrall side) and with echoes isles and mulgore very near who do you think will be able to get reinforncements first? if the conflict continues there

but anyway its not related to the topic so at least try to stick with it (as will i do)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Source: The most cavernous reaches of your rectum. I linked the text multiple times and no Alliance poster has been able to counter it because its meaning is obvious.
    https://m.twitch.tv/pax3/v/87360330?t=03h13m42s

Tabrotars thingy never looked this good

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    i think you are very bias, as far blizz has stated several time the alliance took heavy loses on his militia before SoO thats why they need the revelion to be able to deal with garrosh's horde, neither side alone would be able to deal with him on its own. the alliance lose a lot on MoP and the wins they have were few without a real gain (not even able to reclaim territories that garrosh conquered) and on books.

cannon wise we dont know who deal with what on SoO and the loses for each side, what we know is who were on that room and on the proximities (you need to remember that most of the horde was on thrall side) and with echoes isles and mulgore very near who do you think will be able to get reinforncements first? if the conflict continues there

but anyway its not related to the topic so at least try to stick with it (as will i do)
    Doesn't matter who would get troops in faster, considering the Alliance had already man troops on the continent as well. The capitol was lost, orcs BTFO as well as trolls. Taurens had barely any reason to fight as well since Baine was anyways more for peace. Only ones who could be dangerous were the Forsaken, besides that nothing. Alliance had the chance to dismantle the Horde, just as Jaina said. Obviously Blizzard can't push that narrative since it would mean the end of WoW as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

>we had an intended order (past tense)
    >it works really well to do them in any order now
    Completely irrelevant statements that didn't make it into live. We may as well say Wetlands was attacked by the Legion because that was a planned invasion point for a while, even though it never happened. Why do you think @Tabrotar and @Shattenlied immediately ran off from the thread when confronted with the quote and @Feanoro is so assblasted he won't even give me a mention while he's passive-aggressively sperging about me?

What you also forget to mention is that the quest has two versions. In the Alliance version, this gets to Genn at some unknown point in time in the Horde version the information gets shredded. Since there's no proof either way and Genn knows nothing at the time he attacks and indeed up until the very end as I already showed you. But even if we accept cut content as canonical, which it isn't, the Horde version being canon makes more sense to explain how Genn and Rogers never bring up this salient point to the player, something Sylvanas does when explaining why she's going to Stormheim because she knows about it and they don't - they just want to kill her.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2018-07-12 at 09:51 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    What Greymane did in Stormheim was a violation of this armistice, yes, but in his oppinion the Horde broke it first at Broken Shore. Which is not completely untrue. Or when did the motto of the Horde change from "Victory or Death" to "Run for your Life"?
    First of all, nothing in "victory or death" says a retreat is prohibited. Nothing in Orcish culture prohibits it. Orcish culture is against submission to your enemy. Which a retreat is not an example of. A retreat allows you to win later on. Orcs aren't retards that fight pointless fights. Old Horde retreated when necessary. Garrosh retreated when necessary. And you can't get more Lok'tar Ogar than them. It's also the motto of the Orcs. Neither the Warchief that gave the order nor the person who carried out that order were Orcs.

Finally, even your abject falsehoods about Horde's motto aside, wtf does a retreat have to do with violation of an armistice? Fuck all, that's what. You're talking about things you are not informed about. And the High King of the Alliance disagrees with you, because Anduin acknowledges in BtS there was no betrayal at the Broken Shore.

Calia's presence at the meeting may not have been helpful, but do you have any evidence that those who decided to run would not have done so if she was not there? No you don't. Fact is: Sylvanas had even those Forsaken loyal to her killed. Why? Probably because she had planned to dispose of them even before the meeting. Her line to Nathanos proves that:
    "I cannot allow this sentiment, this hope, to grow. It is an infection, ready to spread. I have to cut it out."
    Where exactly is Calia mentioned in this justification of her actions? Right: Nowhere. Because she wanted all of them dead anyway.
    Except BtS literally showcases what her plans about the Gathering were. And it ain't this. So her line to Nathanos proves squat.

You mean the same "innocent goblin miners" who are enslaved, mistreated and beaten by the Horde? You sure are a caring individual, right?
    Do give a source showing this applies to the Goblin miners in Silithus.

Also, Before the Storm makes it absolutely clear that these miners are hurting Azeroth and the Azerite they are mining is LONG used to build weapons intended to be used against Stormwind at this point. If this is your definition of innocent, i would really like to know who isn't innocent in your oppinion?
    Alliance knows neither of those things at the time of 7.3.5 questline. Which they admit. That's kinda their reason for killing the Goblins. They know nothing, so they had to get samples at any cost.

Oh, that's right...anything Alliance of course, because you are a blatant fanboy trumping your horn.
    Given the above, just lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Any moral high ground here was lost when the Horde began attacking civilians in Ashenvale. Can't put a good spin on genocide no matter how you try to paint it--and yes, the systematic slaughter of every man, woman, and child is genocide.
    Except for the part where it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Because Sylvanas has tits and an appealing figure, thus must be defended at all costs. She's as good at cultivating a cult of personality out-of-game as she is in-game.
    And yet the only people that keep making that argument are whiny Alliance geniuses that can't handle Sylvanas existing. Meanwhile, the real reason is below. Alas, chronology of events is hard to grasp if one is Alliance, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Why does no one ever mention that those "innocent" miners in Silithus slaughtered the Explorers League's expeditiion in their sleep, which was there to assert the situation? And kidnapped a gnome that was part of that expedition and forced her to develop Azerite weapons for them? They are not civillians.
    Because nothing implies that the attack against Explorer's League happened first. Explorer's League was sent to check things out long after Anduin was informed about the specifics of the situation from Magni, because of what was learned from Magni. Which in turn happened after Alliance celebration of the victory against the Legion. I.e. the cutscene at the start of the 7.3.5 Silithus questline. During which Shaw informed Anduin he has already his SI:7 in Silithus (plus they kinda needed to be there even earlier to get the sample showed Anduin in the first place). The player is sent to Silithus immediately after that cutscene. Which, looping back to the earlier point, puts it before Explorer's League was sent.

Still pushing your brilliant take on words, I see.

First of all, as @Super Dickmann already said, that was the intended path from before they changed that intention. Super complicated concept. Which never reached live. Also super complicated.

Secondly, before you once again try to squirm into your equally brilliant "they said the intended leveling path was scrapped, that doesn't mean the story path was" deflection, in that case your argument is self-defeating and baseless.

Because if you want to claim that leveling and story paths are separate, you actually have no source for Stormheim happening after Azsuna. As your own source and the squirming about it shows, Blizzard talked about leveling path in that interview. Not the story path. If you want to argue it's different from the story path, you'd need to provide a source of Blizzard talking about the opposite. I.e. what the intended story path - not the leveling path - is or was. This video is not such a source.

So your source doesn't claim the story path (that's "completely separate" from the leveling path) put Stormheim after Azsuna anyway. Nor is it a source of the idea that before they scrapped the leveling path the story and leveling paths were the same.

And even all of the above aside, here are also things that shit all over your argument:
    1. No source whatosever indicating that Alliance was the one who got the book in canon. Horde has a quest about the book too. They are mutually exclusive.
    2. Alliance Stormheim questline disproves the notion that Alliance had the book. They repeatedly state they know nothing about Sylvanas' plans. Having the information from the book isn't nothing.

In short, you've got squat. And as such, so does @Tabrotar.

Because it doesn't fit their narrative. Those poor innocent civilian goblins LMAO.
    Because it doesn't fit the chronology. SI:7 was already in Silithus before Anduin was even informed about Azerite. Explorer's League was sent only after he deliberated with the rest of the Alliance after Magni told him more. Then again since when do bright Alliance mind pay attention to what doesn't fit their narrative, even when that thing is the concept of time itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Right?
    See reply to Vladier too.

1.) Jaina was right, but she's also not part of the Alliance. She's an emissary of Dalaran and the Kirin Tor.
    Which is why Dalaran forces are the Alliance faction on Isle of Thunder.

2.) Unprovoked yes, but we're not talking about morality are we? We're talking about tactics™, and denying your enemy an infinite life cheat - as well as not letting her damn the world to the demons to get said cheat - is more tactical™ than anything she's done lately. #GennDidNothingWrong
    But you're replying to the OP. Who clearly did not make the thread about tactics.

4.) "Innocent goblin miners." Sure, bud.
    They've done nothing to the Alliance at the time and since Alliance was clueless even about Azerite despite already having a sample, they were kinda unlikely to know if miner A beat his kid or that miner B engaged in human trafficking. As far as Alliance was concerned, they were innocent.

Well, the innocent part can be tossed away, whether it was the first attack or not. They are not innocent civilians.
    How does the Alliance know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It turned out to be more than justified considering Alliance was marching on Silithus. I'd say this was very well played by Sylvanas.
    Shhhh. You don't get how things work here. Horde players don't mention the Sapphy how situation "happened before Alliance killing Goblin miners", even though SI:7 responsible for killing said miners were already in Silithus long before Explorer's League even sneezed in Silithus' general direction? Ermahgerd Horde bias.

Night Elves mobilize their army in an effort to beat the Horde to it? Radio silence. Obviously they wanted to prepare a surprise party for the incoming Horde army or something.

Tattoo this totally-not-cognitive-dissonance onto your arm and then you'll reach enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    How is mentioning something the Alliance had no idea about when they decided to attack the Horde miners "fixing" what you quoted? As far as Alliance knew, they were just miners mining stuff. Stuff that Alliance simply wanted to get samples of. For which they then killed Horde members, because they felt entitled to those samples.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Keep in mind that even if you're not attacking them, if you so much as come near the miners, they attack you unprovoked with explosives, pick-axes, and shredders. You're not even given a chance, and none of them are yellow/neutral. They're all hostile.
    Because you're trespassing in a Horde camp that the Horde forces have the right to defend? The very presence of the Alliance player in it is already a violation of peace.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-07-12 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Liberal Mitten View Post
    I'm pretty sure even Sylvanas says that Calia was acting independently.
    Yes. But only after the massacre had started.

“My lady—it’s Calia Menethil!”

Menethil.

The name was laden, heavy with meaning and portent. It was the name of the monster who had made her. Who had slaughtered and destroyed. It was the name of the king who had ruled Lordaeron. And it was the name of that king’s daughter—his heir.

And to think she had thought the king of Stormwind an ingenuous fool. He played politics better than she could possibly have imagined.

Anduin Wrynn had brought a usurper with him. And now, that girl, that damned human child who ought to be long dead, was taking Sylvanas’s own people to join the Alliance.

“My lady, what are your orders?”
    Later, after the Rangers have started killing everyone, she realizes that it wasn't Anduin's ploy, but Calia's thoughtlessness. Which included encouraging Elsie to defect before the horn was blown.

“You didn’t once. You won’t have to live in the shadows anymore. Just—please. Come walk with me. Parqual, the Felstones, all the others—see them? They’re defecting. Anduin will shelter and protect you all; I know he will!”
    Which, by the way, indicates that ALL the other Forsaken of the Desolate Council were defecting, and it's only Elsie who was loyal to Sylvanas. Which really mollifies Sylvanas's later statements about "How many were tempted?" if everyone but Elsie was actually defecting but some ran back when the horn blew out of Fear.

On to the list:

1) While Jaina never commits genocide, the Horde is aware of her intent to do so and she's still (Again?) a powerful member of the Alliance. Alongside Greymane and Rogers who both want (or wanted, in Genn's case) to commit genocide. Failure to commit genocide, today, does not mean they won't try again, tomorrow. And defending oneself against that threat could be considered justified (So long as the Means are morally nappropriate based on the threat)

2) The only recent example of the danger the Alliance poses.

3) According to Golden's book, the Alliance Player reaches Silithus before the Horde Player does. The events that become the in-game cinematic for the Alliance plays out two chapters of chronological novel -before- the Horde Cinematic follows. Anduin learns of Azerite before Sylvanas. Which means the Alliance Player is killing Goblins before the Horde gets there. (Also the attacks on the Explorer's League happen between chapters Six and Eighteen. We don't know exactly when... but well after the Alliance -and- Horde players have been to Silithus)

4) Sylvanas can't attack Stormwind head on. Even the combined Horde Forces would get killed before they managed to take the city. The Horde needs to be stronger or the Alliance needs to be weaker before she makes that move.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-07-12 at 11:34 AM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    1. Jaina is not part of the Alliance at the time, and the Alliance chooses against all reason to not sweep the leg. Backfires hugely.
    Dalaran rejoined the Alliance after Purge of Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    4. Alliance and Cenarion are trying to rebuild Silithus and the Horde have not only flatly said no, but are doing *more* damage to the land (azerite is azeroth's blood), and using said damage to fuel weapons of mass destruction.
    And? How does that justify Alliance attacking the Horde? The Horde is not bound by Alliance or the Cenarion Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    To top it all off, Sylvannas was told to stop the Azerite mining operations that Gallywix was performing, she did not, and sent Baine on fool's errand to play interference with the Alliance, so she could get more Azerite.
    You're saying this as if it mattered anything. Yay, Sylvanas was told something she was under no obligation to adhere to. Because neither the Alliance nor Magni have the authority to tell the Horde to do shit.

Despite that the whole history of the Alliance has been getting attacked by the Horde or some other outside force, regrouping and then going down a sequence of events that lead to the destruction of the aggressor's origin point...

Burn down Stormwind? Blow up Draenor.
    Cause the collapse of Lorderon and Silvermoon? Crack the Frozen Throne and then destroy the Lich King.
    Attack Nordrassil, and the Broken Isles? Imprison Sargeras, effectively kill off the last remnants of life on Argus by killing the Titan itself, and trap everyone and everything left on that planet by closing the rift and flying away on the Xenodar.
    What? The Alliance didn't contribute anything of value to Draenor blowing up. It's all on Ner'zhul. Alliance only tried to interfere with his artifact hunt. Cracking the Frozen Throne is entirely on Illidan, who worked on orders from Kil'jaeden and teamed up with Blood Elves that already left the Alliance and Naga sent by Azshara. In Legion Alliance was by no means the driving force behind the Legion's downfall.

The attack on the Undercity and forcing the Forsaken to abandon it because Sylvannas gasses the place is not adequate compensation for what happened in Darkshore and Teldrassil. The Alliance, Night Elves in particular, better see either all of Northern Kalimdor retaken and put back under Night Elf control, or see a complete no-nonsense policy taken towards the Horde, where any time a sign of aggression is perceived the Alliance launches a pre-emptive strike, because so far history has shown that eventually the Horde will shoot first and try to commit genocide in the process. With that in mind, it is possibly the most humane to kill off a few companies of Horde soldiers as they start to gather somewhere, rather than wait for them to mass up anywhere.
    And now you're engaging in the typical Alliance lie. Alliance isn't a poor, victimized faction that only ever reacts to the Horde aggression. Alliance started the previous war. That's canon lore as per Chronicle v3. Alliance shot first in the previous conflict.

edit: Also in BFA Kul'tiras finally throws in with the Alliance because the Horde attacks Kul'tiras, who not shown any sign of aggression for 20 years at this point, and has openly denounced previous ties to Stormwind and the Alliance.
    First sign of aggression for 20 years? You do realize that the garrison of Tiragarde was Kul Tiran prior to the Cataclysm, right?

The Horde always attacks first, and unprovoked. The Horde was, is and continues to be, the baddies, who occasionally decide to stop and put in some effort for the greater good.
    Simply repeating the grand Alliance lie won't magically make it truth. Also, Silithus and Stormheim were plenty provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    The attack was not unprovoked in Stormheim and we now know that Genn did everyone who isn't forsaken a good service, the man is a hero for what he did.
    What service? With Eyir in tow Sylvanas would finally stop needing new corpses since she'd be able to make the current Forsaken immortal. Genn prevented that, effectively repainting the target mark on every Alliance human. Also, those effects have nothing to do with why he attacked and are something that happened later. Genn doesn't get to unprovoke his attack because of its later consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    The goblins attacked the explorer's league and therefore were combatants and not innocent. Plus they were, y'know, mining up the deadliest resource Azeroth has ever seen.

In short, your bias is showing.
    If only the Explorer's League was in Silithus before the SI:7 that attacked the Goblins... If only.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I understand breaking up a supply line, or creating a blockade... but invading, and pushing out a people from their homeland, even if you are trying to spare some.. does not seem moral or justified to me. I know the cause of the tree burning maybe unknown.. but regardless the Horde bares the responsibility for that.
    But pushing them out is the opposite of what she tried to do. She wanted to occupy Night Elven territory with Night Elves still there. To prevent any Alliance counter-maneuver by effectively holding the Night Elven population hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Greymane: Yes, he's to blame here. Anduin gave him a few words about that eventually, though it was quite late. Sylvanas is not truly innocent, all it would take to prevent it would be to arrange meeting with Anduin and tell him what she told him in the book - just way sooner.
    Sylvanas not engaging with the Alliance and thus not preventing Alliance aggression does not mean she is culpable for said Alliance aggression. The Horde just lost its Warchief and it was in a war against the Legion. It didn't have the proper opportunity to argue against potential delusions of the likes of Genn. And it's not like Genn gave her a lot of time anyway. Plus the same argument could be levied against the Alliance. Given how they were the ones to attack, much more accurately. Because they are the ones who decided to act without knowing the full story, not the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.