Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    How exactly will they enforce this?
    Occasional inspections, which already happen. Hard to hide habit smoking in a house.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I smoke weed, and I partake in cigars from time to time. I agree with this, it is not hard to smoke outside and it keeps the house cleaner and from smelling like dicks. When I build my retirement home in 7 years I will be making a smoking room with a full ventilation system.
    Id rather my neighbours smoke week inside so I don't have to smell that shit EVERY NIGHT in my room

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I 100% agree with this, smoking affects the health of everyone around you. Kudos Obama administration! Kudos!
    Sounds like a good idea. Especially for public housing. It is horribly expensive to prepare a home for new use after a smoker.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Id rather my neighbours smoke week inside so I don't have to smell that shit EVERY NIGHT in my room
    Have you ever talked to them about it? Most people I smoke with are super courteous about that kind of stuff.

I don't smoke nor do I support it, but second hand smoke has only been proven to be dangerous to infants in closed environment (the same room) with smokers. Second hand smoke is not dangerous to other people in the same apartment complex. We wouldn't need to care about other people's choices if we weren't paying for their healthcare. The housing owner should be able to ban smoking in their buildings if they want.

I wonder, if marijuana is legalized, will it be subject to the same restrictions? This is one of the ironies of smoking and potentially of legal marijuana. The government spends millions fighting smoking (with a great deal of the money coming from cigarette taxes) and if marijuana is legalized and taxed like cigarettes they will probably spend millions of dollars of tax revenue from marijuana to fight marijuana use.

The wonderful circle and waste that is government regulating and taxing "free" people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a good idea, as the only way to know if this is happening, is have someone from the area report that, and then have the police get there with a warrant or something to get into the house to investigate (and if they don't need a warrant for this, then its really bad, as it can easily be used to abuse power)

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Especially for public housing. It is horribly expensive to prepare a home for new use after a smoker.
    Some houses never fully get the smell out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    I don't smoke nor do I support it, but second hand smoke has only been proven to be dangerous to infants in closed environment (the same room) with smokers. Second hand smoke is not dangerous to other people in the same apartment complex. We wouldn't need to care about other people's choices if we weren't paying for their healthcare.

I wonder, if marijuana is legalized, will it be subject to the same restrictions? This is one of the ironies of smoking and potentially of legal marijuana. The government spends millions fighting smoking (with a great deal of the money coming from cigarette taxes) and if marijuana is legalized and taxed like cigarettes they will probably spend millions of dollars of tax revenue from marijuana to fight marijuana use.

The wonderful cirlce and waste that is government regulating and taxing "free" people.
    It is legal here on Oct 17th and it has the same restrictions of regular smoking plus some that come with drinking.

Some houses never fully get the smell out.

- - - Updated - - -

It is legal here on Oct 17th and it has the same restrictions of regular smoking plus some that come with drinking.
    Good to know.

Deleted
    Have you ever talked to them about it? Most people I smoke with are super courteous about that kind of stuff.
    Yes and about them burning rubbish too! They don't care

7+ Year Old Account
    I 100% agree with this, smoking affects the health of everyone around you. Kudos Obama administration! Kudos!
    You do realize anything obama passed can and most likely will be undone this seems to tend to always happen when a new administration is in place
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's a wonderful opportunity for them to kick out people if they want to.
    And we have a winner. This is basically what will happen, the people smoking but who keep quiet and aren't a nuisance will be ignored. Whoever pisses off the heads in charge will have one more eggshell to be careful not to crack lest it be leveraged to have them removed.

What's public housing ?
    Housing that is subsidized by the US government. It's a form of welfare.

OT: Totally with this. If you can't afford your own place to live, you shouldn't be able to damage the property afforded to you by the government with smoke.

Yes and about them burning rubbish too! They don't care
    That is unfortunate, I am glad there is a good 30 feet between homes where I am on each side and over 70 from backyard to back yard so it is not too bad, though I know a ton of people smoke it in Canada, like 50% or more on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    You do realize anything obama passed can and most likely will be undone this seems to tend to always happen when a new administration is in place
    I guess we will see.

Thats great, weed/crack/heroin and most other drugs are illegal in most places with public housing and public housing is where a majority of that stuff gets used most and its still being done. You think a law is going to stop them from smoking inside? LOL get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Thats great, weed/crack/heroin and most other drugs are illegal in most places with public housing and public housing is where a majority of that stuff gets used most and its still being done. You think a law is going to stop them from smoking inside? LOL get real.
    The smell of smoke is pretty hard to hide, which is probably the majority if the reason they want to kick people out who do it.

The smell of smoke is pretty hard to hide, which is probably the majority if the reason they want to kick people out who do it.
    You have never smelled crack being burned before have you, or weed?

People in the projects will not care

How exactly will they enforce this?
    How do landlords enforce no smoking rules in rental properties. By putting in the contract and evicting you and withholding your security deposit if you break the contract.

Typically people in public housing have to qualify to various assistance programs to benefit and have assigned case workers who make regular visits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck trying to stop those folks from smoking their weed.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No issues with this. We do not allow smoking to be done inside our home now and have not since we lived here. I have often said, when I turn 80, I am going to smoke a cigar and if I do not pass out or think it is horrible, going to smoke them every day until I die. But they will be smoked outside, away from the house. I have a spot on top of the hill in the back, over looking the valley we live in. Be nice to sit up there and smoke a cigar while gazing across it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams