Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    While the model is nice and I get why they did it, they really shouldn't forcibly change mount models. They could always add an additional updated mount that the user gets for free and most likely will use, but a lot of people enjoy using the older models on mounts.
    I don't get this fondness of crappy graphics on a game where everything else keeps progressing.

They should update all Vanilla racial mounts to meet modern standarts. Those models are (over) 15 years old.

Quick question guys:
    Based on what you've experienced on the beta, do you think factions will spend more time in their respective zones or actually spend more time in the other faction's zones?
    I am having a hard time choosing my side.

I really want to play Orc but I don't like their zones and quests at all. I strongly prefer the Alliance zones and quests but there's no race that really does it for me. My understanding so far is that the war campaign takes you to the enemy faction's zones and that you have a lot of content there from level 120. So far, do you feel like the faction you picked spends more time on its respective zones or more time on the other faction's zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't get this fondness of crappy graphics on a game where everything else keeps progressing.

They should update all Vanilla racial mounts to meet modern standarts. Those models are (over) 15 years old.
    How many games forcibly change something you own and worked to obtain without you asking?

I am going to miss Legion. This is the first time I am sad to see an expansion go. I wish I had more time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Quick question guys:
    Based on what you've experienced on the beta, do you think factions will spend more time in their respective zones or actually spend more time in the other faction's zones?
    I am having a hard time choosing my side.

I really want to play Orc but I don't like their zones and quests at all. I strongly prefer the Alliance zones and quests but there's no race that really does it for me. My understanding so far is that the war campaign takes you to the enemy faction's zones and that you have a lot of content there from level 120. So far, do you feel like the faction you picked spends more time on its respective zones or more time on the other faction's zones?
    The campaign is basically a single questline that takes you through enemy zones, and then you have some WQs there. Most of the time you will be in your own zones.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    I am going to miss Legion. This is the first time I am sad to see an expansion go. I wish I had more time with it.
    I'll miss it, but I'm keen to put demons and fel behind us for a long long time.

Also Kul'tiras is just beautiful. If nothing else, BFA will be the most visually pleasing expansion so far.
    Butts.

7+ Year Old Account
    How many games forcibly change something you own and worked to obtain without you asking?
    How many games have been up and running for over 14 years, making original models simply an eyesore, especially when placed next to current xpac models?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Most of the games that actually evolve over time will change things you already have. The majority of games are just dropped out there and don't change at all, so those don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Most of the games that actually evolve over time will change things you already have. The majority of games are just dropped out there and don't change at all, so those don't count.
    This statement is way too generic to be of any value. The number and the character of the changes matter.

Compared to other MMOs (eg, take GW2 or FFwhatever), WoW takes away many, many, many more things than they ever do. Everyone else is trying to avoid changing things and if they do change, they try to add and extend, not take away. WoW is different. Sometimes it is for the good, but far from always. Eg, removing hit and expertise was good although removing many other stats was more of just revamping for the sake of revamping and removing abilities... is hard to be excited about and is very hard to call good with how they are doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Is It. And I was right!
    Dont understimate the Power of pet Battle! ;P
    I was never denying the plausibility of the 17th (which I believed myself), I was just saying that wasn't a good example of proving the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    So mythic + are opening week after the release right?
    Unless they change it, they're probably going to have M+ open when the raid opens like they did with Legion. I'd imagine it'll be ~1 month after release again.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-07-13 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

What is the bad thing in updating old and obsolete graphics to meet modern standarts?

Many old games with lenghty lifespans do that.

What is the bad thing in updating old and obsolete graphics to meet modern standarts?

Many old games with lenghty lifespans do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    How many games have been up and running for over 14 years, making original models simply an eyesore, especially when placed next to current xpac models?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    So.. no answers? Things you own should NOT be changed because no other games will go back and forcibly alter the appearance of items you own unless its extreme cases like censoring a hidden dick drawn on or something.

So.. no answers? Things you own should NOT be changed because no other games will go back and forcibly alter the appearance of items you own unless its extreme cases like censoring a hidden dick drawn on or something.
    The answer is "The old shit looks like ass and should be updated to match the current status of the game."

15 year old polygon monsters and low res textures don't make a presentable game in 2018.

The answer is "The old shit looks like ass and should be updated to match the current status of the game."

15 year old polygon monsters and low res textures don't make a presentable game in 2018.
    Agreed for everything that isn't mounts or pets. Nobody cares about what other peoples pets and mounts look like, just their own.

Agreed for everything that isn't mounts or pets. Nobody cares about what other peoples pets and mounts look like, just their own.
    Pets they are already updating, mounts should have been done yesterday.

You can't honestly say that this wolf looks anything near decent compared to anything else in the screenshot, not to even mention the new areas of BfA.

You can't honestly say that this wolf looks anything near decent compared to anything else in the screenshot, not to even mention the new areas of BfA.

Yes we can, I think that wolf looks amazing, I'd be annoyed if they updated it instead of just adding new mounts.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually I can, because the wolf itself looks better than the style of the new wolf model. The face and details on the fur look worse style-wise than the older model.

With that being said, I wouldn't be a baby about them updating the model and would understand why they'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

-- pics
    Don't forget its running or, even worse, walking animations, they're horrid... >_>

Even in the cases where I did work to obtain it simply because it looked cool then, I welcome an update to modern standards.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interrupting for a good cause: before the start of legion, there was this big ass spreadsheet from some russian guy that tackled nearly everything you needed to know for the beginning of the expansion - does anyone know if there is a similiar thing this time around?