Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So... the Vindicaar?
    Needs more steeples
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Needs more steeples
    Steeples in Space sounds like a pretty cool patch title i'll admit.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    spoken just like a future lightforged trash mob.
    What do you mean?

But... The Light is good. Without the Light's divine intervention, Azeroth would now be crushed under the Lich King's heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    What do you mean?

But... The Light is good. Without the Light's divine intervention, Azeroth would now be crushed under the Lich King's heel.
    Is this the alternate universe Rendorei account?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    What do you mean?

Tirion was good, the Light is now shown to be a possessive little bitch that REE's the moment it's great design goes wrong and will mentally chain anyone it can to try to make what it wants happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Is this the alternate universe Rendorei account?
    Signs point to likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

better bring back a purified arthas or a uncorrupted one from a AU azeroth (where he didnt became the LK and never get frostmourne)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    better bring back a purified arthas or a uncorrupted one from a AU azeroth (where he didnt became the LK and never get frostmourne)
    Why not uncorrupted Arthas with purified Frostmourne ?

Lightforged space marine Garithos with Light staches is how victory against Void lords would look like if it had human form. I approve.

Deleted
    Also, Derek Proudmoore was stated to have been burned to a crisp by the Dragons and that was 30 years before Battle for Azeroth, yet apparently he still has a body left that the Forsaken can resurrect. Therefore, the argument "Garithos is ghoul's poop now" is not really convincing, especially since Blizzard often forgets these small details. And the Light can do anything, even resurrect a miserable sack of bones. The Light will forge Garithos a new vessel, if he will only embrace it... In Undeath.

5+ Year Old Account
    I also think it could be the reason they updated Uther's Tomb... >.>

To bring -him- back in service to Lordaeron, as the Light-Undead Paladin Trainer/Leader.

Oh man... what if Alonsus Faol comes back to Lordaeron?!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Also, Derek Proudmoore was stated to have been burned to a crisp by the Dragons and that was 30 years before Battle for Azeroth, yet apparently he still has a body left that the Forsaken can resurrect. Therefore, the argument "Garithos is ghoul's poop now" is not really convincing, especially since Blizzard often forgets these small details. And the Light can do anything, even resurrect a miserable sack of bones. The Light will forge Garithos a new vessel, if he will only embrace it... In Undeath.
    What if Sylvanas kept undigested pieces of Garithos and stiched them up into Gartihosesque abomination. That would be a cool way to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    My big problem here is that it seems too one-sided. What motive would Forsaken have to keep their rotting Val'kyr/LK risen corpses when they could merely all defect to the Alliance and have pretty undead bodies and a near guarantee of the safety of their soul in the Light upon death?

This sort of magic needs rules. The Blightcaller required finite Val'kyr magic and the murder of his living cousin to become a pretty undead. Calia and the Council shouldn't have to preform taxing rituals to achieve this kind of power. The "ocean" of Light which washed through Anduin and Faol in Netherlight Temple should have cost the Light something to preform; a portion of their power that they (clearly) do not grant on a regular basis - perhaps akin to the "one final blessing" granted to Tyrion Fordring needed to shatter Frostmourne (which it clearly wouldn't grant him again on the Broken Shore, despite his faith.) What are the drawbacks to Calia's form? Even if it's as simple as maddeningly whispered demands from the Naaru, there must be some.

But this is just my personal bias and belief that magic should always have a price in fantasy. Short of a steep toll exacted upon the Lightforged Forsaken, Sylvanas would need to find a new source of power to match them. But I should probably make my own thread about her people's future so as not to derail yours.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    So Calia's big thing is Lordaeron. Ruling over her people. Taking care of them after all of this time. But she's undead, now, and they're all either Dead or Undead or Dead-Undead.

What if she intends to use her Priestly Abilities (Corrupted by her Undeath) to Light-Ressurect the Desolate Council as healthier looking Light-Undead like herself? They're good people that she cares about, and have some experience running a civilization. So she ressurects them, and brings them to Lordaeron to re-settle and re-build the keep. She uses her powers to resurrect the dead of the Battle of Lordaeron, possibly including the Humans that dies to the Blight and the Fight, and rebuilds a new Lordaeron....

But she needs herself a Grand Marshall of her forces... and brings back Garithos.

So now we've got a Light-Undead culture in what was once Lordaeron, rebuilding it, repopulating it, and combining goodness (Calia, the Council, etc) and darkness (Garithos).

That would be pretty Morally Grey!
    That or she might be sylvanas new gff that would be so nice :-)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    That or she might be sylvanas new gff that would be so nice :-)
    She views Sylvanas as a usurper, and Sylvanas sees her as both a Menethil and a Threat.

I do not predict a long friendship. Frenemies at the absolute best.

7+ Year Old Account
    She views Sylvanas as a usurper, and Sylvanas sees her as both a Menethil and a Threat.

So as long as sylvanas doesnt get killed im fine
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Calia having holy necromantic powers isn't a thing... yet.
    What if she intends to use her Priestly Abilities (Corrupted by her Undeath) to Light-Ressurect the Desolate Council as healthier looking Light-Undead like herself?
    I think a lot of people didn't read the book or skimmed over the part that she never decayed, that her body even in death maintained itself before she was ever resurrected. Until Blizzard touches her again, she's not some lightforged undead, but someone who has been resurrected from a longer than usual death by the light. Resurrection by the light isn't new as confirmed by Anduin in the book, it's just that Calia before even being resurrected, was somehow being preserved, which to me is the real mystery.

Light resurrecting, undecaying what is decayed... that's not something that happened to her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I mean isn't it pretty obvious they're setting Calia up to lead the Forsaken after Sylvanas dies?
    If this is the last big "Horde vs Alliance" expansion and we solely focus on bigger threats from here on out, most likely what's going to happen. She'd never go to war with the Alliance, like 99% sure of that, but it wouldn't matter because we would no longer need leaders who would fight each other, but fight the bigger enemy.

However I don't see Sylvanas dying, she's most likely getting the Sarah Kerrigan treatment and Anduin is going to get the God Emperor Chosen One treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Does she view Sylvanas as that? iirc she only wants to serve her people and has no intention to rule. Sylvanas liberated/conquered Lordearon capital and the faction she leads isn't the Human Alliance of Lordaeron.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Does she view Sylvanas as that? iirc she only wants to serve her people and has no intention to rule. Sylvanas liberated/conquered Lordearon capital and the faction she leads isn't the Human Alliance of Lordaeron.
    too. And she would not scurry to safety like a coward while her people were being butchered by a jealous usurper queen for daring to race toward what they believed to be a sanctuary.
    Golden, Christie. Before the Storm (World of Warcraft) (p. 263). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garithos isn't morally-grey at all. The only thing that kept him from being an outright villain is that the dreadlords were worse and Sylvanas (herself no shining example of morality) killed him before he could pose a threat. And Calia seems far too open-minded a person to have someone like Garithos (who only became Grand Marshal by rote of being the highest-ranking surviving officer after the Scourging of Lordaeron rather than by earning the rank, sort of like how a self-important lieutenant could declare himself General in a zombie apocalypse/alien invasion movie with the chain of command wiped out) trusted with running anything more complex than a box of cereal, especially with the Alliance being far more multiracial than it was prior to the fall of Lordaeron.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Golden, Christie. Before the Storm (World of Warcraft) (p. 263). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
    Ahh ok, it seems more of a heat of the moment thought, but I stand corrected.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Garithos isn't morally-grey at all. The only thing that kept him from being an outright villain is that the dreadlords were worse and Sylvanas (herself no shining example of morality) killed him before he could pose a threat. And Calia seems far too open-minded a person to have someone like Garithos (who only became Grand Marshal by rote of being the highest-ranking surviving officer after the Scourging of Lordaeron rather than by earning the rank, sort of like how a self-important lieutenant could declare himself General in a zombie apocalypse/alien invasion movie with the chain of command wiped out) trusted with running anything more complex than a box of cereal, especially with the Alliance being far more multiracial than it was prior to the fall of Lordaeron.
    Oh, no. Garithos was a piece of black as sackcloth evil trash. No debate from me.

I'm saying the "Morally Grey" thing would be all of her choices. The Desolate Council? Good. Garithos? Evil. Tallied up: Morally Grey.