Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Chicago Police shooting... protests (obviously)

So Chicago had a police shooting earlier (Saturday), and since it was a police shooting, of course there is rioting. I had these riots on for background noise, so I decided to look into what/why/how the shooting happened. Sure enough, the guy actually had a gun (didn't fire, reached though) and two magazines apparently.

The question I have specifically, after now understanding why he was killed, is why exactly do these people protest when a cop kills a black? I used to somewhat understand the rioting when a verdict (police or otherwise) didn't go their way. I used to somewhat understand the rioting when a cop would shoot an unarmed civilian, but I don't understand the rioting when someone who has a gun (let alone reaches for it) and two magazines, gets killed?

Further, last week I believe it was, they were protesting shutting down the highway etc, because they want jobs and education? What the hell are you exactly "protesting" for with that?

Further, last week I believe it was, they were protesting shutting down the highway etc, because they want jobs and education?
    What the hell are you exactly "protesting" for with that?
    Now I don't claim to have a doctorate in human psychology here, but I believe in this example you listed above in your quote, these people were protesting due to a lack of suitable employment and sufficient access to education.

Chicago has on average two people murdered a day and yet they are rioting over this. You would think they would have learned by now that fighting police officers and reaching for a weapon would get you killed. Let's see what kind of "gentle giant" or innocent soul the deceased turns out to be.

So he was exercising his Second Amendment rights like a true patriot?

Oh wait, was he black? In that case never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Chicago has on average two people murdered a day and yet they are rioting over this. You would think they would have learned by now that fighting police officers and reaching for a weapon would get you killed.
    Or a phone.

Basically, if you're black, no holding objects. Then you're safe. How hard is that?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-07-15 at 05:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didnt see it on twitter. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So Chicago had a police shooting earlier (Saturday), and since it was a police shooting, of course there is rioting. I had these riots on for background noise, so I decided to look into what/why/how the shooting happened. Sure enough, the guy actually had a gun (didn't fire, reached though) and two magazines apparently.

The question I have specifically, after now understanding why he was killed, is why exactly do these people protest when a cop kills a black? I used to somewhat understand the rioting when a verdict (police or otherwise) didn't go their way. I used to somewhat understand the rioting when a cop would shoot an unarmed civilian, but I don't understand the rioting when someone who has a gun (let alone reaches for it) and two magazines, gets killed?

Further, last week I believe it was, they were protesting shutting down the highway etc, because they want jobs and education? What the hell are you exactly "protesting" for with that?
    Cus the people in chicago are fucking idiots. Protesting the cops when the gangs in thier cities are the absolute worst in the country. Chicago was literally fucking safer when Capone was there. Worry about your communities ffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The pesky thing about the Second is that it's still subject to rules and permits. And reaching for a gun is always a silly idea around police.
    But of course he was a good boi who din do nuffin' and all cops are murderous racists and the entire force should probably just be called KKKops instead.

Deleted
    "So Chicago had a police shooting earlier (Saturday), and since it was a police shooting, of course there is rioting. I had these riots on for background noise, so I decided to look into what/why/how the shooting happened. Sure enough, the guy actually had a gun (didn't fire, reached though) and two magazines apparently.

You aren't actually asking a question are you?

The truth is, almost by definition, that you are too stupid to understand any explanation as why these things happen. You are wasting everyone's time.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-07-15 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Or a phone.

Basically, if you're black, no holding objects. Then you're safe. How hard is that?
    Well, it is common sense to not reach for anything if the police tells you to stop.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Extrajudicial verdicts aren't fair?
    - Dare not to sleep -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, it is common sense to not reach for anything if the police tells you to stop.
    Don't expect anything better from well known race baiter.

Sure enough, the guy actually had a gun (didn't fire, reached though)
    Justified

You are allowed to carry a gun, you are allowed to open carry, but to reach for a firearm? The only time you should be reaching is to aim and shot, The police had no idea what was going to happen after he had his weapon, the Police will not take a risk, nor would anyone for that matter.

The only time you aim your weapon is when you are intending to fire it, so what was his plan here? Point his gun at a police officer? what to threaten them? tell them to go away? The was only one way forward, and that was either he died or the cop died.

NEVER EVER MAKE A SUDDEN MOVEMENT WHEN THE POLICE ARE TELLING YOU TO STOP, for fuck sakes have some common sense, when your hands enter a position they can't see you can easily pull a firearm, the police will never take the risks, risks that you would never take.

Darwin awards candidate.
    Last edited by dunhildas; 2018-07-15 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Justified

You are allowed to carry a gun, you are allowed to open carry, but to reach for a firearm? The only time you should be reaching is to aim and shot, The police had no idea what was going to happen after he had his weapon aimed at themselves or someone else, the Police will not take a risk, nor would anyone for that matter.

Darwin awards candidate.
    Public online TV should start hosting a Darwin awards show on a half year basis. There are many candidates for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Public online TV should start hosting a Darwin awards show on a half year basis. There are many candidates for it.
    And yet mysteriously police in your own country never kill anybody, nor do police generally anywhere in Europe. But, no, it must be the fault of the black guy somehow...not because of a systemic addiction to violence in the US or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grathlape View Post
    And yet mysteriously police in your own country never kill anybody, nor do police generally anywhere in Europe. But, no, it must be the fault of the black guy somehow...not because of a systemic addiction to violence in the US or anything.
    To be honest, I didn't fault the person because of skin colour but because of their action.

If they are rioting as in breaking stuff etc. Then they are likely just using the shooting as an excuse to destroy property.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    The pesky thing about the Second is that it's still subject to rules and permits. And reaching for a gun is always a silly idea around police.
    But of course he was a good boi who din do nuffin' and all cops are murderous racists and the entire force should probably just be called KKKops instead.
    Also Chicago makes it very prohibitive to get a carry conceal permit. Thus encouraging even more, someone who lives in a high crime area to break the law if they want to protect themselves with a firearm out in the public. So he knew he was going to be charged with a felon. Which can easily lead to a prison term.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

They're clowns if that's true that the crook reached for his gun and got shot. Not something to riot over. If they want to riot about something they should riot about black on black violence, which takes far more black lives than the occasional justified cop shoots criminal because he reached for a weapon.

The question I have specifically, after now understanding why he was killed, is why exactly do these people protest when a cop kills a black?
    You should probably remove the sheet from your head before you post.

Deleted
    Follow the officers directions and you're fine, as always.