Page 1 of 2
LastLast

dps comparison pre-patch

it's 3 days before pre-patch and nobody post info about current state of dps classes/specs... previous expansions i see these spreadsheets months before actual release of content. blizzard don't touch even single mechanic on ptr for weeks and we still luck of this info... community which do this work already dead or what happened?

Class changes happened too late in the beta. I would assume most people were just waiting for all the changes to be over.

Besides, dps during the prepatch largely doesn't matter. BfA release is when it starts to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    it's 3 days before pre-patch and nobody post info about current state of dps classes/specs... previous expansions i see these spreadsheets months before actual release of content. blizzard don't touch even single mechanic on ptr for weeks and we still luck of this info... community which do this work already dead or what happened?
    Who cares. Raiding is meaningless once prepatch hits. DPS is meaningless until 120 after prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Who cares. Raiding is meaningless once prepatch hits. DPS is meaningless until 120 after prepatch.
    pre-patch longs exactly one month of my life... it means for me exactly as every other month and i want to prepare to take all the fun of playing during this month... and yes fun for me is being top1 on every boss... for me being top1 for whole pre-patch month is exactly same fun as being top1 for 1 month after release of bfa...
    Last edited by ztn; 2018-07-13 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I duno, I've got a month of farming argus still, I wouldn't have minded some ballparks - though if he's as much of a joke as Garrosh and Archi were in the pre-patch I'm sure he'll be jokes level.

Deleted
    pre-patch longs exactly one month of my life... it means for me exactly as every other month and i want to prepare to take all the fun of playing during this month... and yes fun for me is being top1 on every boss... for me being top1 for whole pre-patch month is exactly same fun as being top1 for 1 month after release of bfa...
    And you cant have that fun without other peoples spreadsheets?

Its not that hard to run them through simcraft yourself you know?

People arent doing it this time because there are major tuning changes ahead and everyone knows it. Tuning is behind schedual and even in Legion major tuning was ongoing until mythic release

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    People arent doing it this time because there are major tuning changes ahead and everyone knows it. Tuning is behind schedual and even in Legion major tuning was ongoing until mythic release
    i hear about BIG tuning changes for month before every expansion release and in practice it means +2% dps for one class, -5% dps for one ability for another class and all other stay untouched in broken state for 2-3 month after release... so it's obvious that current balance on ptr/beta is already set in stone for months... if you see bad class mechanics/bad synergy of talents/abilitys or bad numbers be happy - it will be in current state for a half of expansion minimum...
    Last edited by ztn; 2018-07-13 at 08:56 PM.

so learn to use simcraft...

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    so learn to use simcraft...
    if you don't know - simcraft now in cancer stage - not working for most classes... next advice is "learn to write simcraft"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I duno, I've got a month of farming argus still, I wouldn't have minded some ballparks - though if he's as much of a joke as Garrosh and Archi were in the pre-patch I'm sure he'll be jokes level.
    I get that and my comment came of harsh. It was not intended to be.

Even yesterday/today there were dozens of changes for specs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bosses will die in 30 seconds no doubt, so just press buttons it won't matter much xd

i hear about BIG tuning changes for month before every expansion release and in practice it means +2% dps for one class, -5% dps for one ability for another class and all other stay untouched in broken state for 2-3 month after release... so it's obvious that current balance on ptr/beta is already set in stone for months... if you see bad class mechanics/bad synergy of talents/abilitys or bad numbers be happy - it will be in current state for a half of expansion minimum...
    The difference is this time blizzard are actually behind schedule. To the point that theyve had to delay major gameplay changes till 8.1 just to focus on tuning. The classes are in a mess of a state, possibly because blizzard left gaps they expected the azerite system to fill and then realised too late it couldnt possibly do that so they are now crunching to get the classes in an actual balanced state. Heck we only got rid of NYI talents a few weeks ago and they were filled with talents that already existed

if you don't know - simcraft now in cancer stage - not working for most classes... next advice is "learn to write simcraft"?
    If the people that write Simcraft APL's aren't working quick enough for your liking then yes, learn to do it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    If the people that write Simcraft APL's aren't working quick enough for your liking then yes, learn to do it yourself.
    This. No need to write simc itself, most stuff is implemented, but learning how to write an APL is not rocket surgery(and the people working on them are usually pretty happy to give you advice, and if your APL turns out good they might base their own on it)

Also OP, if you think no changes have happened in the past few weeks, you've not been paying attention(not to mention that there's months' worth of other changes to implement)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-07-15 at 01:20 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even seen patch notes yet, and it's only a couple of days remaining.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This. No need to write simc itself, most stuff is implemented, but learning how to write an APL is not rocket surgery(and the people working on them are usually pretty happy to give you advice, and if your APL turns out good they might base their own on it)

Also OP, if you think no changes have happened in the past few weeks, you've not been paying attention(not to mention that there's months' worth of other changes to implement)
    Rocket surgery lmfao! Hey doctor! Will my rocket live? :'(

i hear about BIG tuning changes for month before every expansion release and in practice it means +2% dps for one class, -5% dps for one ability for another class and all other stay untouched in broken state for 2-3 month after release... so it's obvious that current balance on ptr/beta is already set in stone for months...
    Suuure... "Set in stone for months".
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=285601/b...s-class-tuning
    1 day ago

Changes:
    frost dk -4%
    unholy -2%
    havoc +4%
    marksman +3%
    fire mage -11%
    frost mage -6%
    ww monk -4%
    prot paladin -8%
    shadow -6%
    elemental -5%
    enhancement -2%
    destro -12%
    fury +4%
    prot warrior +5%

And this isn't "for one ability" this is spec wide aura that applies to all abilities.

How can being top on DPS be fun if you're just letting everyone else do the work and tell you what spec to play and what buttons to push?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    How can being top on DPS be fun if you're just letting everyone else do the work and tell you what spec to play and what buttons to push?
    Bruh, if you find the answer to this question you'll solve about 98% of the "debates" on this message board.