Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Yes, he edited the bost. First responses were before 11, he edited it 11:09.

Just another resident shitposter number who the fuck can keep count on MMO-C.
    Hey i did not remove anything from the original post.
    It was an edit to correct english.

Wow, you really hate me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Did he edit the post? Cus I see 0 negativity in there. it's not even up for discussion o.o

He is speaking the truth and in a very neutral way.
    No, i did not remove anything from the orignal post.
    Dont listen to banana man -__-
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-07-15 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you dont mind me asking.
    Why did you like MoP and disliked Cata and WoD?
    Storytelling plays a big role, but if we're talking strictly gameplay?

I play more casually, in the sense that I don't raid or do ranked PvP. Mists of Pandaria had the right level of non-serious content (abundance of dailies, LFR with some excellently designed raids, Timeless Isle) to peak my interest. Cataclysm had daily content, but its lack of much else and the segmentation of its zones didn't really do it for me. Warlords of Draenor had interesting raids, but almost no motivation to leave your garrison until 6.2 because they hadn't quite figured out how to do away with dailies yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post

How are you a jackass for feeling nostalgia about something?
    You misunderstood. The people saying "Oh you just like X because of nostalgia" are the jackasses.

The reason they're jackasses is that they're arrogantly assuming that they know what I think, what I feel and why.

It's also a chickenshit argument - instead of making an argument founded on expressing their own opinions and then using logic and/or evidence to back up their argument (which would put them on the spot), they make an argument that can't be proven or disproven and which thus doesn't expose them to the risk of having their logic shown to be wrong.

look it is pretty obvious OP is just jaylocks alt account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    look it is pretty obvious OP is just jaylocks alt account.
    Why is my theory triggering everyone?

Its just a theory...

I agree i ended up insulting everyone...but it was not my objective.
    Is it that insulting?

Well...now you know how i feel when people tell me "is just nostalgia"

- - - Updated - - -

Because nostalgia is a very real emotion? When I think of vanilla, I remember the shitty, frustrating times and there were many, but they're completely overshrowded by the good moments, simple stuff that you don't even think of now, for me it's stuff like the music from the wetlands and the barrens, the really over the top execute sound effect, dying countless times in stranglethorn while leveling, being genuinely afraid of mobs in dungeons - the game felt so much bigger because we all knew nothing. Compared now to where the game is much more refined and objectively fun to play, it's not as exciting because I know 100% of what I'm doing at all times.

But aside from that you're being very vague - do you not like older expansions and just choose to think that anyone who does must be doing so because they're too stupid to know what they really like?
    So in your opinion "nostalgia is real" (is the mind playing you tricks)

But my theory is total garbage because is impossible your mind is playing you tricks....

most people are emotional and highly biased which is why their feedback should be taken with a grain of salt

in general people experience an expansion's flaws everyday so negativity is much more focused on current content

future content also tends to gather some shit because it lacks familiarity

on the contrary past content is always remembered fondly because in the end people remember the fun they had and not the ugly parts

therefore the worst expansions are always the current and next one and the best expansion is some old one

vanila/tbc (utter crapshows by today's standards) and wotlk (shitty homogenized class design, broken AF dks etc) are the ones that usually get the most praise

lately people decided that MoP was actually a good expansion too (even thought it was not particularly popular at it's time)

i look forward to the time when WoD will be mentioned as a successful xpac... (which obviously was among the worst characterized by dramatic content droughts)

but your general concept is correct, there were no bad expansions (at least for their time), in their prime all expansions were fun and memorable save the occasional content drought which is being reduced considerably

Deleted
    See? This is your ego. Nostalgia is not people's mind playing tricks on them. Nostalgia exists, it's a real emotion - I'm not sure what you don't get about this.
    When people tell me:

"No, thats not true, its just Nostalgia"

They are literally telling me my mind is playing tricks on me.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Chief Bennett

Here.
    Enjoy 8 pages of people telling me "is just nostalgia playing tricks on you"
    @SensationalBanana was one of the first ones

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-we-have-Today

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you mister punkz.

It is what I see in almost everyone I know who have either stopped the game or play it on and off.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Then why does everyone tell me "is just nostalgia" every single time i make a thread regarding "old things"

What are those people? The "beholders of truth"? They think i am also dumb and cant think for myself.

So tell me.
    What are those people that tell me "its just nostalgia"?

You want me to link you the countless threads i have made with people spaming "its just nostalgia"?
    No, just beholders of their opinions.

And what's wrong with feeling nostalgic about something?

I didn't play much in those days, what new stuff where we overwhelmed with in mop? I see a lot of people talk good about it and if it's all just nostalgia anything older than current would have that but that not how it is.

People disliked cata/wod for plenty of different reasons. Saying people have no clue what they like/dislike seems like a weak move to get some traction going.

And if you can't understand that tastes differ, how much thought did you really put into this?

10+ Year Old Account
    No discussion is really needed. Players love the expansions -- they don't want the vocal minority to think they arn't cool, so they pretend not to.

If this wasn't *fact*, then WoW would have sunk into oblivion 10 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    No, just beholders of their opinions.

And what's wrong with feeling nostalgic about something?

I didn't play much in those days, what new stuff where we overwhelmed with in mop? I see a lot of people talk good about it and if it's all just nostalgia anything older than current would have that but that not how it is.

People disliked cata/wod for plenty of reasons. Saying people have no clue what they like/dislike seems like a weak move to get some traction going.

And if you can't understand that tastes differ, how much thought did you really put into this?
    Im just trying to say that if its entirely possible the "mind is playing you tricks" in the nostalgia argument than why is my theory so much garbage in comparison?

People agree is possible the mind is playing you tricks in the nostalgia argument.
    My thoery tells the same

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowpunkz is spreading his negativity again... Must be a day ending in the letter 'y'.

Dude, chill out.
    Here is something to believe in!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Shadowpunkz is spreading his negativity again... Must be a day ending in the letter 'y'.

Dude, chill out.
    I did not insult Blizzard...i said "Blizzard has never done a bad expansion"

What ended up happening is that i insulted everyone else...because i told them "its just the mind playing you tricks and you dont actually know the reason why you dislike an expansion"

It was not my intention...and i did not think much about it while making the title and post.

This thread makes weird sense in a way, I really don't have an opinion about BfA as I have been trying to avoid everything about it since Blizzcon but I'm just as excited as I have always been for a new expansion, that could also just be the little fanboy inside me.

Deleted
    Im just trying to say that if its entirely possible the "mind is playing you tricks" in the nostalgia argument than why is my theory so much garbage in comparison?

People agree is possible the mind is playing you tricks in the nostalgia argument.
    My thoery tells the same
    No it doesn't...
    How is being nostalgic the same as your theory?
    Just answer why plenty people say MoP was great, what did they add then? if you can't answer this, why are people not sick of everything after wotlk? How did MoP break that cycle of being bored with a old game? Oh, you did call MoP bad in your OP... opions, easy as that.

I put a lot of thought into it...
    It was not my intention...and i did not think much about it while making the title and post.
    Lol ok dude. Thank for having such a recognisable avatar, good to know when im getting baited.
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-07-16 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe, now that you're aware of what you're doing constantly, you can consider, reconsider and really really reconsider what you write, before you hit the Post button. Or maybe just don't create new threads until 8.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would agree that there's no such a thing as a "bad expansion," per se; at least not in the sense of an expansion that is *all* bad, or even *mostly* bad - though of course YMMV. Even what I personally think of WoW's weaker expansions, namely WoD and Cata, had good things in them - things I found enjoyable and that kept me playing. Cata brought with it some fun leveling zones, an interesting storyline, (initially) some great dungeons, and number of quality of life perks not the least of which was Transmogrification - something that keeps me playing to this day when I've exhausted current content. WoD, for its faults (of which there were many), was much the same - I enjoyed its leveling zones and attendant lore, especially the expanded concept of zone treasures and vignettes, and enjoying many of its raid encounters.

It's human nature to accentuate and dwell on the negative, in many cases - especially in the heat of the moment as it were. It's only with time and hindsight that we can see the good in what we had (especially when it's gone).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    Just answer why plenty people say MoP was great, what did they add then? if you can't answer this, why are people not sick of everything after wotlk? How did MoP break that cycle of being bored with a old game? Oh, you did call MoP bad in your OP... opions, easy as that dude.
    Because im talking about the people who complained about MoP.
    Not the people who liked it.

There is always people who like an expansion. Hell some (i imagine a lot of) people enjoyed WoD.

My theory says "everyone who hated an expansion is because they are tired of the same old game" and not exactly for the reasons they tell you.
    Because every expansion had the same core elements to it.
    Dungeons, raids, bgs, arenas, transmogs, dailies, catchup mechanics etc

Im saying that the people who hated MoP are hating on it for the wrong reasons...when the true reason is...they are just tired. Burnout.

I can see now how i am insulting everyone....but is just a theory. Maybe a crazy theory but thats what i believe. Maybe because im also crazy
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-07-16 at 12:31 AM.

I can tell you exactly why I've liked or disliked every expansion thus far.

Expansions I liked: TBC, WotLK, MoP, Legion
    Expansions I didn't like: Cata, WoD

Burning Crusade - Loved it, enjoyed the raids, appreciated the addition of heroic dungeons.
    Wrath - Loved it, huge fan of DKs and the Scourge storyline, LK was a great capstone fight, dungeon finder was an excellent addition to the game.
    Cata - Loved the leveling experience and the changes to talents and the old world, but HATED the T11 raiding scene, particularly 10 man and the punishing treatment of melee heavy raids. Quit here and didn't return until after MoP launch.
    MoP - Got the itch to play again, really liked the new zones. First raid tier was OK, but ToT and SoO were excellent. SoO dragged out too long in the end, but it was a great raid.
    WoD - I was pumped for WoD but I felt like they shortchanged it. Shattrath was never fleshed out, which was disappointing. The raids were decent, I didn't love Highmaul but I thought BrF and HFC were awesome. My biggest problem with it was that there was nothing important to do outside of raiding.
    Legion - Probably my favorite so far. Good raids, solid leveling experience, and tons to do outside of raiding with the addition of WQs and artifact power. I really felt like I could log in and always accomplish something meaningful, even if I only had 20 minutes or so to play.
    Beta Club Brosquad

i don't know why i didn't like WoD?

erm no fucking content outside raiding? lack of raids? lack of new zones? just 1 & just 1 proper patch all expansion 6.0 and 6.2, nothing else matters.