PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What? We don't use links, images and videos in this forum???
    Links sure but I can use links in-game (chat addon to open/copy). Which hopefully addon's can mod communities. It is more common to link to a video but images are used in some threads. The forums still do just fine with majority text based.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I kind of like the concept, but it just seems like a sort of in-game Discord server.

I think our guild would still rather have people actually be in our guild, so we can craft, trade, supply our raiders with armor, weapons, raiding consumables, and Vantus Runes if they make a comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Communities will basically work like discords, a place where folks can chat and arrange groups to tackle content.

I plan to join an Achievement hunting community so I can get my glory achievements done. I've been neglecting them for far too long now.

Out of curiosity where does everyone find all of the Discord channels being mentioned. I seem to be out of the loop in that regard with the channels I use being just for myself and my irl friends who don't play WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

I just want the old guild UI in-game back, don't really care about communities, I have Discord for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Out of curiosity where does everyone find all of the Discord channels being mentioned. I seem to be out of the loop in that regard with the channels I use being just for myself and my irl friends who don't play WoW.
    Through people already in them, the list of other similar discords that most servers have(the class discords basically all link to each other, for example), or from websites/streams that have discords. Personally I was in the discord alpha, so I got into all the class discords basically day 1.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-07-15 at 09:40 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I already have a guild and a friend's list.
    Yep, but having all these friends in one community you can just drop a shout "who wanna come mythic+?" instead of having to whisper every single friend separately. So it's gonna be very convenient. I'm defo considering either making or joining a community for mythic+, it's gonna help making the groups faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, but having all these friends in one community you can just drop a shout "who wanna come mythic+?" instead of having to whisper every single friend separately. So it's gonna be very convenient. I'm defo considering either making or joining a community for mythic+, it's gonna help making the groups faster.
    The broadcast function on your friends list...?

Why didn't they just work together with discord to just have discord fully integrated in WoW, so so many guilds are using discord anyway, why offer a ingame system that is inferior to something almost everybody is using already anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The other thing is this - I rolled on a Central timezone server because of friends. My high-level toons are all there. But I'm on Pacific time. With communities I could move to a west coast server but still have a channel for my friend on eastern and central servers. I suspect that a lot of people will make communities that are just friends who play on various servers.

It has a lot of potential. I am pretty excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It's really just cross-realm guilds.

In fact, all guilds are becoming communities.

Difference is you can be in multiple ones at once, and only the guild will keep the perks.

Think of it like a cheap copy of Discord that you can see in game as well.
    guilds have always been the communities.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The broadcast function on your friends list...?
    People actually use it for group making? I swear the only broadcasts I'd see from friends would be "look what mount I got" or "hurrah finally killed mythic Argus" etc. And then it hangs there for the next 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It's really just cross-realm guilds.

In fact, all guilds are becoming communities.

Difference is you can be in multiple ones at once, and only the guild will keep the perks.

Think of it like a cheap copy of Discord that you can see in game as well.
    Which is awesome! I've always wanted this feature added to wow, and now it's happening even though it's just a glorified discord would be a good thing since people would be a bit more social and open! imo it looks pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You make it sound like a bad thing. I don't think it is. Having more social options in game without 3rd party software is a good thing.
    Not saying it's bad, but it's really nowhere near the level that Discord is right now, and we don't know their long term plans with it.

Considering they have integrated Twitter and Facebook into WOW, it's a bit surprising they decided to build their own when a better solution exists and it's free.

Don't get me wrong, I've been hoping for cross-realm guilds for a long time, it's the battle.net app part I'm criticizing. I have nothing to say about the in-game part, it's not perfect but it's a start.

Plus, it was buggy as hell on beta last month, any attempt to create calendar events were crashing, so I'm hoping everything will be fixed, because already planned to use it for my cross-realm groups.

IF you ever played Wildstar, they are circles from that game, they were supposed to come in Legion but didn't.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It'll be as successful as TBC in-game voice chat.
    Going by FFXIV and XI it’ll be incredibly successful
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-07-16 at 04:37 AM.

I think this change/announcement has gone a bit un noticed because lack of push. Like you say the streamers could do it easily for "sub runs" or just genuine "<streamer name> community" but they i don't think they know about it, first i head about communties was literally today and i thought i was up to date on BFA after watching multiple streamers level and even play the beta myself lol.

Blizzard should push this quickly to make people aware, i to am like OP, i have a few friends that still play but i don't have enough for a raid group and sometimes unless we are all on at the same time not even enough for a mythic plus group. So i would 100% want a community to join to play with for Mythic plus or even pugging raids.

MoP when that raider website was king (forget its name) that was awesome to log in and find raid groups for specific times i like to play (with work mon-fri, i prefer a friday night/saturday raid time) so that was awesome, a community would do the same.

Deleted
    Its a nice feature but knowing it from diablo its basically nothing more than an additional chatroom. One that shares people with the same interests tho. Gonna use it for sure but not a main corefeature for me

It's definietly a good useful feature that makes the game more social.
    You can form groups and invite them people. Make groups like Reddit, MMO-Champion chat, Class guide chat etc.
    Yes it is like Discord but it's good that we have something like that ingame.
    The /join channel is kinda outdated and doesn't log unless you have addon for it. It is basically an updated chat.