Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I guess Finland is feeling the heat, since Putin might be eyeing it for annexation at some point and it's not a NATO member.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're going to cut off the rest of my post about Russian election?

How dishonest.
    How is "election interference faceoff" going to make things better?

Suppose Russia wins again; you'll be worse off and normalizing election interference behavior as something everyone does.

How about when Putin stops being a dictator with a hatred and fear of Democracy.
    You aren't going to like anyone after him either.

It is never going to work exactly like your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    O
    Oh I doubt there will be a translator. I’m pretty sure Putin knows 2nd grade English, trump will be able to understand at his level.(not confirmed, but apparently he does know English https://www.newsweek.com/does-putin-...kremlin-634048)
    Putin is KGB agent. OF course he speaks English and probably several other languages too. Whether he will, is different thing.

Trump is on his apology tour.

Blame America First.

Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...753078273?s=19

Yes, the Russian Foreign Ministry like this Tweet.

The Russian Foreign Ministry “liked” the president’s tweet, in which Mr. Trump blamed *the U.S.* for poor U.S.-Russia relations, and faulted *the investigation* into the Russian cyberattack on the U.S. rather than the Russian cyberattack itself. https://t.co/xL2wcFlbfO
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...764527104?s=19
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2018-07-16 at 12:20 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Putin's press secretary said Russia will be increasing its nuclear warhead arsenal, because of NATO countries increasing their military budgets.

What a lovely start for the negotiations.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Putin's press secretary said Russia will be increasing its nuclear warhead arsenal, because of NATO countries increasing their military budgets.

Why does Trump’s version of peace with Russia, seem a lot like the Cold War? Less than 2 years in and we have a new arms race with Russia? I don’t think I want to relive the Cold War, but this time, when the west isn’t unified.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You aren't going to like anyone after him either.

It is never going to work exactly like your system.
    Although Putin never left power relations were much less hostile under Dmitry Medvedev and just like Putin is no Boris Yeltsin there's a better chance at good relations with another leader. I don't think our system should mirror yours every country is different but new leadership always brings hope so until Putin decides to step down or has an "accident" we are probably stuck in this cold war like state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Of course they will. New START was an Obama accomplishment, so it's on Trump's list of things to destroy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why does Trump’s version of peace with Russia, seem a lot like the Cold War? Less than 2 years in and we have a new arms race with Russia?
    Race? What race? Don't both sides need to be running for it to be a race, rather than one running and the other sitting on the start line wanking?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Blame America First.

Nothing like when your president keeps talking about Russia like he's trying to date it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Race? What race? Don't both sides need to be running for it to be a race, rather than one running and the other sitting on the start line wanking?
    Yes, last I checked, Trump was demanding that individual countries spend more on defense. In fact, going as far as to claim Germany is under Russian control. Don’t confuse the fact that while the race is beginning, this isn’t the same unified West from the last Cold War had. Putin isn’t stupid enough to do the same thing multiple times and expect different results. He is trying again, but this time, with a west divided and forced to defend against Russia as independent units. He figured out how we won and Trump supporters forgot... insidious! lol... that laugh felt weird... oh well...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Although Putin never left power relations were much less hostile under Dmitry Medvedev and just like Putin is no Boris Yeltsin there's a better chance at good relations with another leader. I don't think our system should mirror yours every country is different but new leadership always brings hope so until Putin decides to step down or has an "accident" we are probably stuck in this cold war like state.
    Yeah, hope like Trump.

He is hope for many; you're still not going to like people like him though.

There is also the problem of them being "better" from your perspective but giving nothing positive from those "better relations" as far as Russia is concerned.

If they would actually be better for Russia Putin could have just as easily kept Medvedev as President and stay as Prime Minister.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-07-16 at 01:05 PM.

This is why I say the leadership of Russia is incompetent, the most pro-Russian president in the last 70 years and the Russians won't be able to capitalize on it because of their internet disinformation campaign, annexation of Crimea, shooting down MH17, etc.

Hope your happy with being in the dog house another 50 years Russia.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yeah, hope like Trump.

He is hope for many; you're still not going to like people like him though.
    As you have said our system is not the same as yours and I am glad you agree with me Obama is not Trump so it could be worse or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This is why I say the leadership of Russia is incompetent, the most pro-Russian president in the last 70 years and the Russians won't be able to capitalize on it because of their internet disinformation campaign, annexation of Crimea, shooting down MH17, etc.

Hope your happy with being in the dog house another 50 years Russia.
    When alternative would be most Russophobic President in last 40+ year?

How would Russia capitalize on that alternative exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

As you have said our system is not the same as yours and I am glad you agree with me Obama is not Trump so it could be worse or better.
    Most Russian interests Putin is currently defending are going to stay with any figurehead.

Most Russian interests Putin is currently defending are going to stay with any figurehead.
    And there are many ways to do that just like there are many ways to defend American interests, Do you think Putin is going to clone himself or something?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    That's what I thought. They're engaged in ad hominem where they attack politicians as people instead of the policy ideas.
    Keep swimming through life with your eyes closed, buddy. Dont forget to plug your nose, wouldn't want you to have to smell your own bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good on them and the usual people who whine about censorship from the other side are now demanding their safe space, SAD!

And there are many ways to do that just like there are many ways to defend American interests, Do you think Putin is going to clone himself or something?
    Well, any future president is going to keep doing what actually worked... and since election interference, apparently, worked, they'll keep doing it...

Until something works better, that is; and dialogue between countries might open up other options.

Got to set those options for any replacement beforehand, not roll the dice when Putin gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Blame America First.

So the President of the United States blames America for poor Russian relations, and his pro America, all Obama did was apologize for America base is completely silent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    So the President of the United States blames America for poor Russian relations, and his pro America, all Obama did was apologize for America base is completely silent?
    I'm glad that Trump is able to admit the US mistakes here, it takes a big man to do that. A good first step towards mending the relations.