Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Again, not really a complaint as just stating the fact that blizz is really going hard on how progressive they are.
    I guess? These are the first animated shorts about women in the first place, though. Sure, maybe they could've balanced it with a guy as well, but apparently that isn't happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Then you have nothing to worry about
    I dunno Star Wars just recently shown where agenda-driven writing can lead the franchise. And its very dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Okay i might sound negative. But since people hype arthas acaln because of 1 second screentime . Can we pls not do anything with him ever again ? His story is not even fixable with illidan treatment. His plotarmor is so thick not even sylvanas could look sexy in it. He had his time and his story is playable in a whole game . So pls no more arthas
    You are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't make it any less of a wrong opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    What the hell else can we possibly learn about Sylvanas or Jaina.

Nothing about Sylvanas' life as a High Elf mattered beyond what we already knew, and she's been a major character since her introduction with no downtime that wasn't explained/explored. What possibly more can we learn about her?

Similarly for Jaina. The only thing they could possibly do is explain wtf she was doing for all of Legion beyond a sentence of, "Off fighting Demons."

Ah well at least Azshara will be interesting.
    It's to show that "THESE WOMEN HAVE GONE THROUGH A LOT IN WAR! HOWEVER, THAT ONLY BUILT THEM UP, BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL STRONG, INDEPENDENT WOMEN!"

Even though 1's a servant of the Old Gods, therefore she's pure fucking Evil. The other one wants to protect the Horde from the Alliance, even though the Alliance has NEVER shown any signs of aggression yet (Oh, and during the whole Stormheim BS, she tried controlling a fucking Val'kyr under the rule of an Evil, twirling mustache, Disney-esc Death Goddess). And the other one's been crying in a fucking corner throughout most of Legion.

...MEANWHILE, I want to see more of Anduin, and how he's starting to put on the fucking Armor to go to War. Maybe give him a short story of his dilemma with Sylvanas, and shit. Maybe have him train underneath Genn or something like that for a bit. Maybe give him a reason to fear War, only to have a pep-talk with Genn/Velen about leadership, and taking up the mantle as a High-General of War.

Ya know, something that DEVELOPS THE CHARACTER!

Similar thing's occurred with Khadgar. You saw him go to Karazhan, trying to find the answer in stopping the Legion. You saw him face off against a Dreadlord who was trying to manipulate Khadgar. You saw Khadgar giving reasons why he didn't want to be the Guardian of Azeroth. You saw him find the answer to everything.

Hell, Harbinger's at least had the benefit of the doubt in giving us certain Character's story-arcs.

We knew NOTHING of AU Gul'dan's past, and how he came to be with the Legion and shit. Nor did we know much about Illidan's missions with the Illidari. So, when we finally got to them, it was such a breath of fresh air, since...well...we finally knew more about these Characters.

But, here, we're getting none of that. I mean, Sylvanas' shit in Warbringer's is basically told in WC3. Jaina's shit is basically going through what the Comic already told us. And, with Azshara, we already knew about what happened to her in the WoTA trilogy. (Though, finally seeing HOW it happened is...well...quite a neat little thing to experience, don't ya agree)

So here, unlike with LoTC and Harbingers, we don't feel as intrigued with these characters as we should be. And that's mostly because we've already known about their Story-lines from WAY beforehand. With LoTC and Harbingers, they gave us backround info about Characters we don't really know about (In terms of AU, or in terms of their lack of info from way back then).

So, with Khadgar, Gul'dan, and Illidan, you never saw these things about them. So, when you finally got backround info on them, you actually felt intrigued cause...well...it's new.

And with the LoTC trilogy, you felt as if you needed to know more about these Warlords. You were in Varian's footsteps throughout most of the Animated Series. You wanted to know more about them. You needed to know more about them. You had to know just how their past experiences forged them into great leaders. Cause, you actually never knew about their past beforehand. However, here in Warbringers, you do. It's all just a recap, basically. And that's where I think the short story series is going to fail, MISERABLY!

It's because, well, we've already gone through this before. It's been told plenty of times beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    WoD
    Karagath -Male
    Grommash - Male
    Durotan - Male
    Kilrogg - Male
    Maraad - Male

Legion
    Khadgar -Male
    Gul'Dan - Male
    Illidan - Male

response: nothing was said

BfA
    Jaina -female
    Sylvanas - female
    Alleria - female

response: OMFG FEMINIZIMSSAS!!!!!

Can we just be excited we are getting some new animated shorts rather than care about what genitalia they have....
    Only Thing that annoys me is that we dont get One for anduin, seems right to make One for the Ally leader when There is One for the warchief.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    Okay i might sound negative. But since people hype arthas acaln because of 1 second screentime . Can we pls not do anything with him ever again ? His story is not even fixable with illidan treatment. His plotarmor is so thick not even sylvanas could look sexy in it. He had his time and his story is playable in a whole game . So pls no more arthas
    Oh i hope they will never try with Arthas and let him stay dead forever, its just that his blink of an appearence is more interessting than anything they are up to with Jaina or Sylvanas after Theramore, and the Stormheim non story debacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno Star Wars just recently shown where agenda-driven writing can lead the franchise. And its very dark place.
    I didn't hate or like movie, I was in the minority that just thought it was 'meh'. I been avoiding all the 'rage' that movie has made becasue I have very little opinion to really care :P

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Only Thing that annoys me is that we dont get One for anduin, seems right to make One for the Ally leader when There is One for the warchief.
    I can agree with that honestly. To be fair I am surprised we ddin't get one for him in the Harbringers one either, although he did get a comic :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    arthas is in there because he plays a major role in sylvanas' story.

they aren't bringing him back.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Is he actually high king? In BTS he doesn’t act as one but I’ve been ignoring most of the beta stuff.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...r/anduin-wrynn

He is.

Deleted
    Now we can see why Jaina burned down Teldrassil.
    Last edited by mmoc1b8829b498; 2018-07-16 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    He shouldn't be the High King of the Alliance in the first place. High King wasn't an inheritable position from wielder to heir, it was a title that was given to serve as Grand Commander of the Alliance's military forces by all the other leaders. Every other leader has far more experience commanding armies than Anduin does.
    And this is why we need a Warbringer's about him. It's because we NEED to show Anduin's dilemma as a High King. We need to see him grow. We need to give him a reason to fight in that Armor he's got on in BFA.

But, without any reason for as to why he's High King. And without any growth into Anduin's character, then everything here just seems rather "forced".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyInc View Post
    No we can see why Jaina burned down Teldrassil.
    Can you not? Please?

Aaaah, so NOW Blizzard remembered to give Azshara some spotlight. >:O

Looks good! =D

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm most intrigued by the Azshara one, to be honest. The Jaina and Sylvanas ones will probably be okay, though.
    I struggle to think of what the shorts will have to say. We know Sylvanas's story inside and out by now. Defend Quel'thalas, get Frostmourne'd, become despot, descend into villainy, the beats are known. Same with Jaina's emotional rollercoaster of hating, loving or being indifferent towards the Horde that day depending on what the dice rolls.

The Azshara one will probably be the most interesting as it will offer her perspective, villainous as it is. So I expect it to be the best just like Gul'dan's was for Harbingers, where the Dadgar one was decent and the Illidan one was just a series of catch phrases with cool art.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I guess you forgot about the three Legion ones?
    The legion ones aren't as bad as the WoD ones, but they are still pretty wasted. We had no reason to be reintroduced to Gul'dan and Khadgar, they are pretty much short stories stating the already known, that Khadgar will join in the fight against the Legion and that Gul'dan is evil and hateful. The illidan kinda helps understand the good side of him, since Blizz remade his character for Legion, but it was still at kinda replaceable by the DH starting zone.

The short stories gives Blizzard the ability to explain character thought, development and evolution, that they could not do in-game, yet they waste them on either setting up fake characters(characters that aren't like that in-game(watch the Kargath short)) or stating the obvious.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Plot twist where we become pals with Azshara to stop the war between the Horde and Alliance and save Azeroth plz. The old gods don't want their house bleeding to death just so that the Horde and Alliance can turn it into guns.

I think there should've been one with Anduin. Jaina's likely going to have an entire Animated Short with mourning, and shit, and how the "GHOSTS OF THE PAST ARE HAUNTING HER" hur dur...

I've seen enough Disney films to know where this is going....

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Is he actually acting as one though? BTS showned him acting as an Ally asking for help and what not does he ever act as actual high king in the beta?

Deleted
    Not interested in Jania whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    The irony in this, when the Alliance has gotten so much more screen time than the Horde has ever xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Plot twist where we become pals with Azshara to stop the war between the Horde and Alliance and save Azeroth plz. The old gods don't want their house bleeding to death just so that the Horde and Alliance can turn it into guns.
    "YEAH, BUT! BUT! SHE'S A FEMALE LEADER, AND A STRONG NAGA ONE AT THAT! THEREFORE, IT'S OKAY! *Snorts* SHE'LL LIKELY TURN OUT MISUNDERSTOOD ANYWAY, AND HAVE A REDEMPTION ARC THAT DOESN'T MAKE THE LEAST BIT OF SENSE WHATSOEVER!"- Blizzard, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Is he actually acting as one though? BTS showned him acting as an Ally asking for help and what not does he ever act as actual high king in the beta?
    Yes? He's clearly telling the Alliance when not to, and when to do shit. And he's also trying to keep Sylvanas/The Horde under check, so that he could make a Peace offering with them.

However, Sylvanas sees War as the only way, and thinks that the MOST unquestionable situation= TREASON AKA KILL ALL!

Hell, if I were in the Horde, and I saw that as "treason", I wouldn't instantly kill them. I'd lock em up, banish them, or ask for a fucking explanation before anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Not interested in Jania whatsoever.
    Same, but with all 3 of them.