Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Because there's no reason to make stories of conspiracy theories created by an enemy nation's leader.
    I guess MSM is just slowly realizing this is newsworthy.
    https://www.newsweek.com/american-bi...-press-1026960
    Most likely on CNN by the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched lie in the face of evidence in the last 24 hours. And I'm supposed to just take his word on something. How do you type "LOL" in Russian?

Lets entertain this thought for half a second...who gives a shit? Clinton lost, she isn't President. Oh, she had a private email server. She admitted to it, it was rectified, she took her licks. Meanwhile the sitting American President goes on the worlds stage and throws our fine intelligence agencies under the bus to appease and authoritarian government. There are for more pressing priorities than giving a damn about Clinton. How about the fact the sitting President cant even be bothered to get rid of his civilian cellphone?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I guess MSM is just slowly realizing this is newsworthy.
    https://www.newsweek.com/american-bi...-press-1026960
    Most likely on CNN by the end of the day.
    It's not about making a story, but about describing who this person is Putin is talking about, because idiotic Trumplestilstskins would rather fucking believe Putin than intelligence agencies.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You want to say that again? I'll give you a chance to crawl away like you usually do.
    Sure here is what he quoted "It wasn't covered by MSM"
    Here is what I said "this wasn't covered more by MSM"
    So his quote means I'm saying it was never covered, my quote says it was covered (obviously) since I linked 2 MSM websites carrying the story.
    I'm sure you can see how that's totally different. But you knew that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on EARTH would the US allow a hostile foreign power to join an investigation into the actions of that hostile foreign power?!?

I mean...if you want to open a separate investigation into this Browder guy then go for it. But allowing russian agents into the Mueller investigation? That seems absurd.

Unless I'm just entirely misunderstanding the article?

Also, it seems necessary to issue a reminder than even if Clinton did something wrong, that doesn't make Trump's actions any less wrong.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Why on EARTH would the US allow a hostile foreign power to join an investigation into the actions of that hostile foreign power?!?

I mean...if you want to open a separate investigation into this Browder guy then go for it. But allowing russian agents into the Mueller investigation? That seems absurd.

Also, it seems necessary to issue a reminder than even if Clinton did something wrong, that doesn't make Trump's actions any less wrong.
    He offered Mueller to go to Russia and interview those 12 people he named that hacked the DNC in return for the US to let him interview this Browder guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    He offered Mueller to go to Russia and interview those 12 people he named that hacked the DNC in return for the US to let him interview this Browder guy.
    Ha, ha, ha.

As I said; no. Mueller and the sane portion of the public have no desire to fraternise with the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.

As I said; no. Mueller and the sane portion of the public have no desire to fraternise with the enemy.
    Which is fine I was just explaining the offer to him.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah. Putin's playing games, as usual. And some people will take him seriously because what he says aligns with their political opinions. Putin knows that right-wing Americans are desperate for a win in this Trump investigation. He could have spoken up at any time about this, but I think he waited for maximum effect - entering the fray when it seems as though Mueller is really starting to close in on the administration. He's using fear to win Americans over to his side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure here is what he quoted "It wasn't covered by MSM"
    Here is what I said "this wasn't covered more by MSM"
    So his quote means I'm saying it was never covered, my quote says it was covered (obviously) since I linked 2 MSM websites carrying the story.
    I'm sure you can see how that's totally different. But you knew that already.
    Why are you referring to me as "he"? You're losing your mind. Must be the conspiracy theories.

Anyways, your semantics and victimization change nothing of my original point. You were caught with your pants on fire, again, and you're trying to spin this.

If you really want to get granular, politifact only covered it to point out it's a lie, and the NY times did a piece covering who Browder is, to inform people and debunk Putin's claims and highlight how terrible of a deal it'd be for Browder to be shipped back to Russia.

So.
    I'm feeling generous. One last chance for you to crawl away before you lose even more face, yet again.

Nope, you got it.

This is true, but apparently Trump and everyone that worships him seems to think just because Clinton did a thing that means Trump is off the hoook.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why are you referring to me as "he"? You're losing your mind. Must be the conspiracy theories.

Anyways, your semantics and victimization change nothing of my original point. You were caught with your pants on fire, again, and you're trying to spin this.

If you really want to get granular, politifact only covered it to point out it's a lie, and the NY times did a piece covering who Browder is, to inform people and debunk Putin's claims and highlight how terrible of a deal it'd be for Browder to be shipped back to Russia.

So.
    I'm feeling generous. One last chance for you to crawl away before you lose even more face, yet again.
    Nah I mean you quoted something I didn't say, maybe you did it by accident who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any reason...at all...to consider that offer to be in good faith given Putin's lies about his involvement?
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Putin deflects to an enemy of his w/o proof?
    He just offers to allow his investigators to question some US intelligence officers about Browder - in exchange to allowing Mueller to interrogate GRU guys.

If there is actually nothing then no harm done.

Where is "deflect with no proof" here?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-07-17 at 03:46 PM.

Nah I mean you quoted something I didn't say, maybe you did it by accident who knows.
    Oh no, he misquoted you in a post so you could bring attention to a conspiracy theory! Won't someone think of the conspiracy theorists?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    He just offers to allow his investigators to question some US intelligence officers about Browder - in exchange to allowing Mueller to interrogate GRU guys.
    Yeah, because that's not shady as shit. "Hey, can we look into your investigation into us? Pwetty pwease?"

Is there any reason...at all...to consider that offer to be in good faith given Putin's lies about his involvement?
    Most likely no, that dude would moat likely end up dead or something.

This crap.
    I thought it was interesting this wasn't covered more by MSM especially after the NY times picked it up. I'm not saying it's true but a claim like this you would think would be publicized.
    Politifact rates it as a "Pants on fire" claim.
    I wonder why? I just can't figure out why news stations won't cover it?????

We get what you are doing lockedout, just please, stop and save us all a lot of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Nope, you got it.

This is true, but apparently Trump and everyone that worships him seems to think just because Clinton did a thing that means Trump is off the hoook.
    I was really hoping that the 'But Hillary...!' excuse would die after Trump was elected. I'm still waiting, probably in vain.

The thing that right-wing Americans seem not to understand is that people who voted for Clinton (generally) don't think she's some sort of God-Queen, in contrast to Trump's supporters. If she did something wrong, then she should (and has been) investigated for that. She is fallible, like everyone else. And it's possible that she was involved in some shady shit. But right now, she's just a powerless old lady. Whether or not she was involved in some sort of illegal activity does not somehow exonerate Trump's potential/probable illegal activity. Neither does Trump's illegal activity exonerate Clinton's.

However, because only one of them is currently the President of the United States, there are additional concerns from the perspective of national security that need to be addressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't misquote you, but whatever you think.

I'm glad you've taken up my offer to back down though. It's probably better for you in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

If there is actually nothing the no harm done.

Where is "deflect with no proof" here?
    Interesting language dynamic you're setting up here, using 'question' and 'interrogate'. I think your bias is leaking into your sentences...