'Bleach' Teasing A Special Announcement

http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/07/1...ncement-tease/

Bleach fans admittedly have it rough. After the series' truncated ending, they have been hoping for it to continue in some way. But this past year the series has been coming back in some big ways, especially with a live-action movie coming soon.

But could there be something after this? Maybe, as now there's reportedly a tease of a special announcement after the end of the live-action film.
    As spotted by Twitter user @JaymesHanson, a mangaka released a short about their experiences during the Bleach movie, and along with good impressions, they tease that there's a "surprise" at the end of the film. Bleach fans have come to know this could mean a number of things.

It could be anything from an end-credits scene, a special thanks from the cast and crew, a confirmation of a sequel, or even something advertising the anniversary art book also releasing soon. But what fans really want is an anime adaptation of the series' final arc, Thousand Year Blood War, which the original anime was never allowed to do. The wait continues for that, as well.

The upcoming Bleach live-action film has released its first full trailer, along with two other new ones released at the same time. The movie will adapt the first arc of the series, the "Substitute Shinigami" arc. Early reactions to the film have been positive overall, with there talk of even being a new trilogy of films adapting more of Bleach's material. If this is successful, then a sequel film with the Soul Society is definitely on the horizon.

The confirmed cast includes Sota Fukushi as Ichigo Kurosaki and Hana Sugisaki as Rukia Kuchiki, MIYAVI as Byakuya Kuchiki, Ryou Yoshizawa, as Uryuu Ishida, Taichi Saotome as Renji Abarai, Erina Mano as Orihime Inoue, Tomo Koyanagi as Chad Yasutora, Yosuke Egochi as Isshin Kurosaki, Masami Nagasawa as Masaki Kurosaki, and Seiichi Tanabe as Keisuke Urahara.

For those unfamiliar with Tite Kubo's Bleach, the series follows the young delinquent Ichigo Kurosaki, who had the ability to see spirits. He soon obtains the power of a Soul Reaper - one meant to usher lost souls to the afterlife - and now has the duty to defend the living world from monstrous dark spirits known as Hollows.

The manga was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump from 2001 to 2016, and was collected into 74 volumes. It has been adapted into English thanks to VIZ Media, and has sold over 900 million copies in Japan. The series was adapted into an anime by Studio Pierrot from 2004 to 2012, and has four feature-length animations, rock musicals, video games, and a ton of other merchandise. The English language broadcast premiered on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block in 2006, and you currently find the Japanese and English language versions now streaming on Hulu.
    There is so much Bleach news lately its really odd.

My guess is that the special announcement is that they are bringing the final story to anime. While I am not the biggest fan of the final story I don't like seeing anime's be incomplete and would love for it to be made.

We already know about the characters being in the new Jump game, The live action movie series. So the only thing I can think of is ether the final story going to anime or a full reboot.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they turned the final story into a movie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just to note, he has his Thousand Year Blood War outfit in the game.
    Yep Ichigo, Aizen and Rukia are all using their Thousand Year Blood War outfit's. I feel like these are just hints pointing to that story ether going Movie or Tv.

Honestly I rather have a 3 hour movie but that's me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The final arc started out pretty good, but began to become bad around the middle. Near the end it was just getting ridiculous. And let's not even talk about how rushed and bad the ending was. Still, I would like to see an anime adaptation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, it could be anything from the sequel for the film already being greenlit, to a continuation of the Anime, to Kubo's new Bleach Spin-off "Burn the Witch" getting picked up.

My money is on one of the last two. Although I kinda hope if Burn the Witch DOES get picked up, it's somewhere other than WSJ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    The final arc started out pretty good, but began to become bad around the middle. Near the end it was just getting ridiculous. And let's not even talk about how rushed and bad the ending was. Still, I would like to see an anime adaptation.
    I'm kinda hoping that the wait for the anime is because *insert network it's on here* has given him leave to tell the story HE wanted to tell, really flesh the last arc out. So he's been working with them to fix some of the larger screwups.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2018-07-17 at 10:54 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Well, Kubo already said that he had serious health issues going for. for that (and for that only) i can forgive the pace of the final chapters
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Well, Kubo already said that he had serious health issues going for. for that (and for that only) i can forgive the pace of the final chapters
    It's more the fact that Shounen Jump nearly pulled the plug on him several times, and pressed him to push the last of it out as fast as possible because people lost interest.
    Honestly I'm in that camp, I felt like the series became VASTLY worse after like the first 5 chapters of the Hueco Mundo-arc.

it better be the return of the anime to tell the final arc
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Tbh, it could be anything from the sequel for the film already being greenlit, to a continuation of the Anime, to Kubo's new Bleach Spin-off "Burn the Witch" getting picked up.

My money is on one of the last two. Although I kinda hope if Burn the Witch DOES get picked up, it's somewhere other than WSJ...

I'm kinda hoping that the wait for the anime is because *insert network it's on here* has given him leave to tell the story HE wanted to tell, really flesh the last arc out. So he's been working with them to fix some of the larger screwups.
    One of the bigger screwups was how batshit insanely the main villain was. Kubo had to come up with an equally batshit insane resolution. If the Bleach franchise does get the Thousand Year Brood War animated, I hope Kubo rewrites Jwach's power to be a little bit down to Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    One of the bigger screwups was how batshit insanely the main villain was. Kubo had to come up with an equally batshit insane resolution. If the Bleach franchise does get the Thousand Year Brood War animated, I hope Kubo rewrites Jwach's power to be a little bit down to Earth.
    Tbh, Bleach was ALL about the insane powers, there are SO many broken AF abilities, that for the final boss Yhwach HAD to have something ridiculous.

I'm fine with his "The Almighty", I think if he rewrites anything, it just needs to be the resolution. Insane powers are fine, as long as you have an equally insane counter, that seemed massively lacking.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Meh. That last arc was some of the worst manga I ever read. Horrible villain, horrible resolution. It's probably better if they never release it as anime unless it has a serious rework...

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who wanted Ichigo and Rukia to have a romance? Shit bothered me it never happened

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Am I the only one who wanted Ichigo and Rukia to have a romance? Shit bothered me it never happened
    no but there was some that did as well.
    i however did not. i have always been a fan of orihime+ichigo.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Nope, there are HUGE sections of the fandom pissed that Ichigo ended up with Inoue and not with Rukia. It's actually a pretty sore spot still for many people XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Nope, there are HUGE sections of the fandom pissed that Ichigo ended up with Inoue and not with Rukia. It's actually a pretty sore spot still for many people XD.
    Honestly that's due to the fault of the story.

Its was very clear that Orihime was in love with Ichigo, But was never shown that he cared for her the same way. But was shown quite a lot that he had feelings for Rukia and she had some for him.

It was a weird ending because it just didn't fit. Rukia never showed she was in love with Renji at any point in the story. It actually would have made more sense if Orihime got with Chad.

Has anyone read the Burn the Witch one shot? Its kinda ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Honestly that's due to the fault of the story.
    Eh, it was also shown, repeatedly, that Renji was in love with Rukia, so I think that pairing makes a lot of sense. While there was certainly SOMETHING between Ichigo and Rukia, I never really saw it as a romantic thing. Of course, I didn't see anything romantic between Ichigo and Inoue either... but that's mostly because she is the fucking WORST.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Has anyone read the Burn the Witch one shot? Its kinda ok.
    Yeah, I liked it. Of course, I prefered it three years ago when I wrote it... but that's just me .

Seriously, just after Bleach finished, I wrote a 4 part fanfic (was meant to be longer, but I got distracted) about the English Soul Society, where they battled Dragons instead of Hollow... Why does this keep happening to me XD.

Give us the anime of the final arc already!! Come on!!

Well the movie has been out so no announcement or did they meaning for the home release?