Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The last couple day's is the perfect example on why I hate Trump.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nobody has even been on the surface of Mars...
    You sure?

Pretty sure that was the whole point now wasn't it. It hasn't been tried, and yet it's not really a mystery on would happen if it were to be tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Other entities don't have the same problem selling their untested ideas(such as even the GOP), so I fail to see how this is a valid defense that you have yet to sell your anarchism to anyone.
    First off, I'm not an anarchist. You are misrepresenting me. Secondly, you have yet to back up your previous claims.

You said:

"And yet there were enough people who told you on this very forums that the place they lived in had only one supermarket/place to buy food from for a few hundred miles around, you just dismissed their concerns, because the only concern that matter to you is your own.

That just tells all of us you aren't a libertarian because you believe in freedoms, but because it's just convenient to yourself. You are just an anarchist who refuses to admit he's one, maybe out of shame."

Any day now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You sure?

Pretty sure that was the whole point now wasn't it. It hasn't been tried, and yet it's not really a mystery on would happen if it were to be tried.
    Your attempt at a false equivalency has fallen flat, sorry.

What's wrong with slowly pushing towards more individual liberty, less government, and more free markets? Aren't those ideals held by a great many people in this world?

Your attempt at a false equivalency has fallen flat, sorry.

What's wrong with slowly pushing towards more individual liberty, less government, and more free markets? Aren't those ideals held by a great many people in this world?
    Maybe you should have given me more to work with then. You gave me a reply that was completely absurd, trying to claim it's not possible to know what happens until tried. Like the analogy made from your comment, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what actually would happen.

All the elements of your comment were there in the analogy. Too bad if it wasn't to your liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

First off, I'm not an anarchist. You are misrepresenting me. Secondly, you have yet to back up your previous claims.
    Still waiting for a valid defense how your anarchism has failed to appeal to at least one other person other than you.

I mean, even Trump can sell his "ideas", but you can't?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by patrik9321 View Post
    I never said he was a role model, only that even a criminal deserves a fair trial. Right now the way people are attacking Trump it feels like throwing away what is right in order to correct what is wrong. I value honesty through and through and do not believe it is appropriate to attack somebody for the sake of attacking somebody, no matter what their past is. A consequence becomes misbehavior as soon as it becomes excessive; this is what people fail to understand. To simplify what I am trying to say, I do not believe humanity as a whole is mature enough to govern on the level they like to attempt. It's like...if I can't expect my kid to make sure our dog has water, I'm not going to task him or her with the responsibility of babysitting. I do not view most government officials or the public to understand what "good" really means. An acceptable punishment becomes bullying as soon as it becomes excessive to stop them from hurting other people or correct their behavior. A good king never seeks out conflict, but is always ready to handle it; people are essentially mad that be didn't come down on Putin for something he has not been been convicted of. When we throw away the notion of "innocent into proven guilty" and the burden of proof being on the person who is trying to prove a crime, not on the person who has been accused we become no better than the monsters we seek to stop.

Edit: In other words, what I'm trying to say is people are being sensationalist and criticizing Trump over nothing. I want Trump to be cast from the presidency as soon as possible, but not because of things he's doing just fine but because of things he is doing wrong; to side with the public on this issue would be the same as not being able to prove a murder is a murderer in a court of law(even though it's very obvious he did it) so you settle for framing them for rape. It's not right and in the process you become what you sought to destroy. Being good is much harder than being angry or "right", it takes maturity and restraint. If you think Trump is wrong for not inciting conflict with Vladimir Putin over something we have YET TO PROVE HAPPENED, and you think it is wrong for him to be diplomatic in this situation than you are part of what's wrong with America.
    The proper response would have been to not engage with him at all, because right now his government stands accused of meddling in our elections, specifically, the one that got him his role.

He is in Putin's pocket. Your moral relativism borders on the bizarre and I can only assume you don't actually want a proper response.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    So when does your main account get out of jail, Mr. fair trial?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't help but wonder why...
    Well, I haven't posted in MMO-Champ for years, and I couldn't remember my username and password..so I created a new one. You're exactly what I'm talking about, go troll somewhere else kid. Maybe tomorrow you'll learn that being a smartass doesn't make you many friends (unless being on summer vacation has left you stranded at home with a computer, in which case you already know being a smartass makes you no friends). The adults are speaking right now, perhaps you can go practice sarcasm and being oh so witty somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    The proper response would have been to not engage with him at all, because right now his government stands accused of meddling in our elections, specifically, the one that got him his role.

He is in Putin's pocket. Your moral relativism borders on the bizarre and I can only assume you don't actually want a proper response.
    Being accused of something does not equal being convicted of something. The punishment begins after the conviction, last I checked.

What about my "moral relativism" do you find bizarre? What do you even mean by moral relativism? I don't like Trump, I already said that. But I also would not like myself if I turned my back on my beliefs by not following the golden rule - to treat others how I would like to be treated. I do not think it's appropriate for me or anybody else to have to deal with all manner of ridiculous accusations just because they don't like the other person; this is not a high school popularity contest, playtime is over. We acquire hard, cold, mathematical proof because we are wearing our big boy pants now and to accuse Trump of anything other than routine diplomacy is ridiculous.

Our government has PUT PEOPLE IN JAIL FOR MORE THAN A DECADE for charges they they later determined the defendant did not committ. Do you want to live in a world where you have to live in fear of a government that can get away with that? If not, then hold your tongue and stop jumping on the hate bandwagon whenever somebody starts spewing garbage from their mouth, stop adding fuel to the fire; innocent until proven guilty. Period. If that still seems "relative" to you I don't know what to tell you. That's about as black and white as one can get.

- - - Updated - - -

If you truly believe in your brand of anarchy, then you should be able to sell this idea to at least a few other people.

The fact that you can't, is evidence your stances are formed purely based on your self-righteous hubris and resonate with nobody else.
    He's sold it to me. By the way don't think using hotwords like "anarchy" is going to fool anybody with a brain.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-07-18 at 07:34 AM.

He's sold it to me. By the way don't think using hotwords like "anarchy" is going to fool anybody with a brain.
    Oh he sold his anarchism idea to an alternate account with the express intention of stirring shit up, I guess with the advent of Trump, the bar is set oh so low.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Oh he sold his anarchism idea to an alternate account with the express intention of stirring shit up, I guess with the advent of Trump, the bar is set oh so low.
    The world does not need to be run by kings and presidents and hierarchies. I agree with him because I think concentrated power is never a good idea for long because absolute power corrupts absolutely. Also I created a new account to post questions about PC parts and I ended up here because I was bored and needed mental stimulation. I assure you, Mr. paranoid, that I did not come here just to stir things up. These are my genuine opinions that I simply wished to express. I do not wish for people to take my power away from me nor do I wish to take power from other people; i am not that arrogant that I think I'm always right, sometimes I am wrong and for that reason I would never go anywhere near law enforcement or politics as a career. My "political" views are very simple in that my beliefs focus on principles, rather than large complicated idealogies and forms of government. If not wanting the government to have absolute power over me makes me an "anarchist", then so be it; if that's how you think it's too late, you've already been indoctrinated and will see anybody who doesn't share your ideals as a bad person.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    True. But I also don't assume someone's gay because they like bright colors. Hell, I got surprised when I learned not every person with a stereotypically camp voice is gay. (Didn't ask. Met them with the girlfriend.)
    You're probably also not one who has a problem with gay people existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Plus, thinking like that just enforces the belief in those stereotypes people claim to hate. Not every gay person follows the imaginary dress code society decided for them.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The world does not need to be run by kings and presidents and hierarchies. I agree with him because I think concentrated power is never a good idea for long because absolute power corrupts absolutely. Also I created a new account to post questions about PC parts and I ended up here because I was bored and needed mental stimulation. I assure you, Mr. paranoid, that I did not come here just to stir things up. These are my genuine opinions that I simply wished to express. I do not wish for people to take my power away from me nor do I wish to take power from other people; i am not that arrogant that I think I'm always right, sometimes I am wrong and for that reason I would never go anywhere near law enforcement or politics as a career. My "political" views are very simple in that my beliefs focus on principles, rather than large complicated idealogies and forms of government. If not wanting the government to have absolute power over me makes me an "anarchist", then so be it; if that's how you think it's too late, you've already been indoctrinated and will see anybody who doesn't share your ideals as a bad person.
    Don't get me wrong, I feel that both of you are great matches ideologically and wish both of you best.

Yes, really.

*Puts on bestest straightest face and nods*

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You're probably also not one who has a problem with gay people existing.

Exactly.
    Who exactly do you know "has a problem with gay people existing"? That's a giant red flag if I've ever seen one...if that was my kid I'd be like "honey, I think we gave birth to the next Hitler." It's one thing to say you hate gay people, another entirely to say you HAVE A PROBLEM with any group of people EXISTING. The first thing I think of is gas chambers and soldiers knocking at my door as my "moral relativism"(as PosPosPos so kindly calls it) and my liberal nice guy attitude leads me to hiding a small band of "gays" in my attic which is probably really just me being an anarchist. /endsarcasm Maybe I should start building some sort of pink and fuschia colored underground railroad with lots of glitter and rainbows

Communism has also never really been tried (at least with a group larger than a few hundred people) for any real duration.
    What? xD Of course it has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who exactly do you know "has a problem with gay people existing"? That's a giant red flag if I've ever seen one...if that was my kid I'd be like "honey, I think we gave birth to the next Hitler." It's one thing to say you hate gay people, another entirely to say you HAVE A PROBLEM with any group of people EXISTING. The first thing I think of is gas chambers and soldiers knocking at my door as my "moral relativism"(as PosPosPos so kindly calls it) and my liberal nice guy attitude leads me to hiding a small band of "gays" in my attic which is probably really just me being an anarchist. /endsarcasm Maybe I should start building some sort of pink and fuschia colored underground railroad with lots of glitter and rainbows
    How many gay conversion programs/camps exist in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    They're protesting, roman salute and all, as we speak, about our decision to move the corpse of our fascist dictator.
    Some right-wing Spanish people still praise Franco?

The situation is similar here in Croatia, some left-wing Croats continue to worship Tito.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not an anarchist, I believe in laws which restrict an action that causes actual harm to others. Make actions like murder and theft illegal.
    Murder and theft being technical illegal is pointless if the police, judges, etc. are all privatized and someone who can't or won't pay is victimized. I'm pretty sure you're being missing my point deliberately at this stage. I mean...please feel free to call yourself libertarian but essentially you are more endorsing a sort of controlled anarchy where there is no government, no authority and people have to rely on the protection of the mob...er...i mean privatized security forced who may or may not decide to enforce whatever laws exist -- which given the lack of government would be hard to create.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good thing that you can buy food from more than one place then, right?
    You do realize there are towns with only 1 grocery store right? You also do realize there are less common examples you can use where there is EASILY only one option in numerous places.

Take fire departments, police forces, and hospitals for starters.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You do realize there are towns with only 1 grocery store right? You also do realize there are less common examples you can use where there is EASILY only one option in numerous places.

Take fire departments, police forces, and hospitals for starters.
    This exact line of argument happened about the umpteenth time, and each time our resident anarchist just deflected or demanded for more evidence he won't accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, laws banning things that cause actual harm.
    Laws without means of universal (or close to) enforcement are utterly meaningless. Also in your anarchist utopia a police force could draft a contract that states that they will cover and protect against all crimes except theft.

What then? Perfectly acceptable in your model and suddenly you have laws that are meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with him because I think concentrated power is never a good idea for long because absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    And in the libertarian model what, exactly, do you think would happen? The wealthy would just buy everything up and rule over their kingdoms with no mechanisms in place to restrain them. In Machismo's anarchist dream the rich would control the privatized police forces and anyone who spoke out or took action against them would suddenly find they fell into a bunch of bullets.

- - - Updated - - -

Who exactly do you know "has a problem with gay people existing"?
    You do realize that a simple google search would answer this. The answer is mainly the extreme religious right. You know...the same groups that went to Africa or where ever and lobbied to make homosexual punishable by death?

Can't wait until your obvious alt account gets banned. Mods need to get on this faster.

- - - Updated - - -

This exact line of argument happened about the umpteenth time, and each time our resident anarchist just deflected or demanded for more evidence he won't accept.
    My parents live in a teeny tiny town in the mountains of colorado that is run on tourism. Because of that there are a whole lot of services that there are only 1 of. For example there is one medical center with one doctor. If that doctor refuses to see you then you either have to go to a nurse practitioner or drive over an hour to the next town -- which mind you requires going over a mountain pass which often closes in the winter due to snow.

It's blindingly obvious and even Machismo admitted he's fine with lots of people losing their life and well being just as long as companies and criminals are able to do whatever they like without repercussion. It's a disgusting mindset.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    My parents live in a teeny tiny town in the mountains of colorado that is run on tourism. Because of that there are a whole lot of services that there are only 1 of. For example there is one medical center with one doctor. If that doctor refuses to see you then you either have to go to a nurse practitioner or drive over an hour to the next town -- which mind you requires going over a mountain pass which often closes in the winter due to snow.

It's blindingly obvious and even Machismo admitted he's fine with lots of people losing their life and well being just as long as companies and criminals are able to do whatever they like without repercussion. It's a disgusting mindset.
    It's a very twisted brand of anarcho-capitalism.

I made the exact same hospital argument once, and he told me there're always other hospitals to go to.

After which I said that the extra delay can mean the difference between life and death, of which he deflected to arguments which basically admit he didn't care about life more than freedom.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2018-07-18 at 01:12 PM.