Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Honestly not sure if you mean Moira (Dark Irons), Velen (Lightforged), or Jaina (Kul Tirans).
    Must betalking about Moira? The Lightforged leader is Turalyon, not Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Must betalking about Moira? The Lightforged leader is Turalyon, not Velen.
    Ahh, good point. But Turalyon would fit the bill too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Honestly not sure if you mean Moira (Dark Irons), Velen (Lightforged), or Jaina (Kul Tirans).
    Moira. Technically Velen is still draenei rather than lightforged. And the Kul Tirans weren't exactly in the alliance due to reasons pertaining to Daelin's death and actions taken in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I agree 100% with the OP. Nightborne add extremely little to the "magic elf" theme, that Blood Elves already had - Void Elves would have arguably added more to the Blood Elf theme....meanwhile on the Alliance-Side the "real" Night Elves would have really needed the Nightborne+Suramar to drive their story forward. But i guess that would have made too much sense.

Now the Horde is cemented as the "magic elf"-faction and the Alliance is reminded of their No-Story-Shit-Allied-Races at every corner. Void Elves could have actually gotten story and backround if they were Horde.

As for the Lightforged....still not a race. Should have been an in-game-questline to "upgrade" your existing Draenei-Paladin. Will forever be completely useless as a standalone "race". Highmountain at least have a turf of their own where you can sit and RP. I would argue Highmountain could have also been used as an in-game "upgrade" quest for Tauren-Druids, as the blessing of Cenarius is their only difference from other Tauren....but Blizzard totally forgot to place ANY druidic connection in the entire zone. So fuck that, i guess.

I also agree with the 2nd poster: Allied Races were designed to generate shop-money from race changes...that's the only point about them Blizzard cares for.
    Well, blood elves are being turned into this primarily Light-themed priest race, so Nightborne are moving into roles that belves used to always play. Portals and magic and stuff, as seen in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Vindicaar is busy being used as a critter blaster.

Did you honestly expect the allied races being anything more than a preparation for a new era of microtransactions?
    Don't we have like 8 total allied races or something either inc or soon? I don't see many of them with microtransactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Moira. Technically Velen is still draenei rather than lightforged. And the Kul Tirans weren't exactly in the alliance due to reasons pertaining to Daelin's death and actions taken in response.
    Ah, okay. It's just that she doesn't have burning eyes, and orange hair with firey tips so how she related was hard to bridge. I don't believe the Dark Irons were members of the Alliance in vanilla, but they certainly have been since Cataclysm.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Both the Nightbourne and the Highmountain play a pivotal role in the opening quests for the Horde.
    Yes and thats what gonna be the "few apperances".

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yes and thats what gonna be the "few apperances".
    Nah, you'll at least see Valtrois throughout the whole expansion.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Nah, you'll at least see Valtrois throughout the whole expansion.
    Standing in one spot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Standing in one spot ?
    Assuming she doesn't disappear when you send her off on missions. I didn't play around much with the mission table.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the Lightforged getting involved with the story is their technology I think. A single warframe was shown as easily being able to take down an entire Legion dimensional ship and the Vindicaar was able to withstand constant bombardment for weeks before blasting open an entrance to the Legion's headquarters in one shot. If their tech operates at that level it gives the Alliance a rather unfair advantage and without their tech the Lightforged don't really bring anything different to the table from regular Draenei at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I think it is a bit different. I have nothing against role-play, I'm a super nerd, but to RP in "OOC" discussions pretending you're in character on a forum strikes me a bit odd.

To each their own. I just noticed some similarities between the particular poster I was quoting and another member who championed the Void Elves on this forum in a similar manner. I thought it a strange coincidence.
    i agree. its wierd as heck seeing this crap. not to mention how much its been dialed to 11 with that meme elf dude and now this holy goat guy in this thread.

either is wading through thesis and lectures by "certain" posters on a fantasy video game with only 1 layer of depth to it, or having to sit through cringe worthy RP posts. there is no safety here anymore!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    The problem with the Lightforged getting involved with the story is their technology I think. A single warframe was shown as easily being able to take down an entire Legion dimensional ship and the Vindicaar was able to withstand constant bombardment for weeks before blasting open an entrance to the Legion's headquarters in one shot. If their tech operates at that level it gives the Alliance a rather unfair advantage and without their tech the Lightforged don't really bring anything different to the table from regular Draenei at all.
    It's not exactly their or the Alliance's fault that Blizzard wrote them that way then, is it? Hell, they continue to do so it seems since they're still building yet more warframes outside the embassy. I'd argue that the warframes aren't even all that powerful anymore as we find ourselves heading into an age of Azerite warfare, and even I doubt the Lightforged tech can beat tanks fueled by magic maguffin resource #4022.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    meh.. the tech we see from argus and from the army of light is as varied as the way they portray undeath. Some of those warframes solo'd armies, some get squished when a demon looked at it. The orbital strike that seemed to render some geological features into dust... barely packs as much of a punch as what nameless casters can do with a flick of their hand. They really need to flesh out exactly how this magi-tech stuff actually works and what it can do... otherwise it's looking like some of the most overpriced transportation around considering how long it took to make ONE vindicaar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    The Grand Army of the Light will play a pivotal role in the war against the terrible Void, so you will see Turalyon and the Lightforged on the very front of the conflict. A conflict that is inevitable. Sinners ignore that the true enemy is not the opposite faction, but the threat lurking in the dark. The Holy Light is the only hope for the Warcraft cosmos. If there is no Light, all will perish under the darkness. And the instrument of the Light's divine justice and will, is the shining Golden Army.
    I don't think the Mag'har Orcs will agree with you, they'd rather bash those Light freaks' skulls in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    The Grand Army of the Light will play a pivotal role in the war against the terrible Void, so you will see Turalyon and the Lightforged on the very front of the conflict. A conflict that is inevitable. Sinners ignore that the true enemy is not the opposite faction, but the threat lurking in the dark. The Holy Light is the only hope for the Warcraft cosmos. If there is no Light, all will perish under the darkness. And the instrument of the Light's divine justice and will, is the shining Golden Army.
    X'era Is that you?

But no seriously, I think what BfA and just Blizz are trying to teach us with their new lore and since X'era's sudden aggresiveness Is that there HAS to be LIGHT and VOID. If the light confronts the void In some ultimate super battle with super old Anduin at the helm, then we are all doomed.

That's going to be our downfall, helping the Lightforged and the Light's Zealots to conquer the world. It's everywhere, with the Mag'har Storyline and how we get them, It's basically... we helped them defeat the demons, they had no more demons to fight so the Light compelled the Draenei to "Spread the word of how great the Light Is" by force If needbe to the Orcs, with Grom's son taking up the light as well (Screw you Blizzard on that... seriously). And they did so cause there was no enemy to fight, no fel, no void, so they turned on innocents... reminds you of anything? Hello Scarlet Crusaders.. or should I say... Lightforged Crusade! Dun dun duuuun...

But no really, I think the lesson at the end of BfA will be.. there must be balance betwenn Light and Void and fighting each other is pointless and bla bla bla we're all friends, but then we'll keep fighting each other anyway cause that's gameplay... something like that.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I agree 100% with the OP. Nightborne add extremely little to the "magic elf" theme, that Blood Elves already had - Void Elves would have arguably added more to the Blood Elf theme....meanwhile on the Alliance-Side the "real" Night Elves would have really needed the Nightborne+Suramar to drive their story forward. But i guess that would have made too much sense.

Now the Horde is cemented as the "magic elf"-faction and the Alliance is reminded of their No-Story-Shit-Allied-Races at every corner. Void Elves could have actually gotten story and backround if they were Horde.

As for the Lightforged....still not a race. Should have been an in-game-questline to "upgrade" your existing Draenei-Paladin. Will forever be completely useless as a standalone "race". Highmountain at least have a turf of their own where you can sit and RP. I would argue Highmountain could have also been used as an in-game "upgrade" quest for Tauren-Druids, as the blessing of Cenarius is their only difference from other Tauren....but Blizzard totally forgot to place ANY druidic connection in the entire zone. So fuck that, i guess.

I also agree with the 2nd poster: Allied Races were designed to generate shop-money from race changes...that's the only point about them Blizzard cares for.
    Eh, not really. Void Elves are magical elves too and arguably do far more for the Alliance than Nightborne would have done. The Alliance don't have anything in the way of a playable race with a very noticeable shadow thematic to it, and Void Elves add exactly that. I honestly do think prior to Void Elves, the Horde had far more of a strength in diverse magical themes, but races like Dark Irons and Void Elves help give the Alliance more and expand more on the kind of tools that the Alliance can use in military efforts.

Hell, even Lightforged are cooler than Highmountain imo. They're far more zealous and militaristic Draenei that make even the Mag'har's blood boil just by existing. They are so zealous that even their healers are itching for a battle. If Blizzard has any sense they'll make the Lightforged into the fanatical, skull-crushing Light Vult Draenei that would be something refreshing to actually see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Eh, not really. Void Elves are magical elves too and arguably do far more for the Alliance than Nightborne would have done. The Alliance don't have anything in the way of a playable race with a very noticeable shadow thematic to it, and Void Elves add exactly that. I honestly do think prior to Void Elves, the Horde had far more of a strength in diverse magical themes, but races like Dark Irons and Void Elves help give the Alliance more and expand more on the kind of tools that the Alliance can use in military efforts.

Hell, even Lightforged are cooler than Highmountain imo. They're far more zealous and militaristic Draenei that make even the Mag'har's blood boil just by existing. They are so zealous that even their healers are itching for a battle. If Blizzard has any sense they'll make the Lightforged into the fanatical, skull-crushing Light Vult Draenei that would be something refreshing to actually see.
    You are right, there is absolutely nothing "shadowy" about Worgen....I know Blizzard kind of dropped the ball on them, but guess what? That is EXACTLY what is going to happen to the Void Elves, too. We simply seem to disagree.

As for Dark Iron...they have been an official part of the Alliance for more than 7 years. Playable Dwarves received a dark skin tone with red eyes AND Mage+Warlock classes BECAUSE the Dark Iron joined the Alliance. None of this is true for Brown Orcs. And the Horde gets the straight back option for free as a bonus. The whole "system" of Allied Races is simply disgusting to me. It is an insult. And Ion's smuck comments about races that the Alliance would actually want are just the icing on the cake.

And Ion's smuck comments about races that the Alliance would actually want are just the icing on the cake.
    Dude's a career Horde player like most of Blizzard's staff it seems. It's no surprise he has nothing but contempt for half the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Dude's a career Horde player like most of Blizzard's staff it seems. It's no surprise he has nothing but contempt for half the playerbase.
    The last in the series of insults for me were his words of comfort to the poor Horde who feels they are pushed into the villain role once more during the last Q&A.
    I mean, the only race i love in this game and that keeps me connected to this franchise just got turned into a pile of incompetent mouthbreathers (again), lost all of their zones, their capital, got degraded into a bunch of refugees sitting in SW harbour...they were litterally genocided....but it's the Horde that gets their tears wiped by the Game Director.

I know it was a player question, and therefore i do only blame him 99% instead of 100%, since he/his team chose this question and the words, without commenting on the Nelfs even in a side remark.

It is very clear where this current dev team's priorities are: Horde and Anduin. I do not claim they don't have passion for Anduin. But Anduin is not the Alliance.

It is very clear where this current dev teams priorities are: Horde and Anduin. I do not claim they don't have passion for Anduin. But Anduin is not the Alliance.
    Well that's a problem the Alliance has had for a very long time, the night elves in particular. The devs all seem to like the Alliance heroes, and because the heroes are treated well the Horde tell Alliance players to stop crying when literally every other member of said heroes race is shit on. See: Illidan.