Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shyruss View Post
    People weren't even able to even log on yesterday... so the question is.... what was their priority again?
    On a more serious note... I believe they will eventually fix this.. we just don't know when.

People who think that old raid shouldn't be soloable are:

1- Either Brain dead... you really think we should form a raid of 10-25 persons for old raids and you think people will actually join those raids for a chance at getting a old piece of junk...oh and wait you'll actually have to roll against other people for it even if it drop...they might as well just remove transmog

2- The people that never actually did the raids when it was current...there's a feature for those raid scaling to your level.... it is call Timewalking

People whine a lot...I do agree on that... but for 15$ a month over the course of 14 years pretty sure they have the right to do so...
    I'm not saying it's not toxic behavior.... but those shiny blizzard white knight with no judgement and always jump to defend blizzard bad decisions are just as bad for the game... lol
    Wow, you really read a lot into my comment. Might want to take a step back. I have no problem with old raids being soloable. I want them to be soloable.

People can whine all they want, but to say “old raids are ruined” because the scaling is screwed up on day 1 one of patch 8.0 is ridiculous.

Nobody is white knighting here, just pointing out that hyperbole really does nothing to help anyone’s case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah its not like we had 6 months of beta for them to fix stuff...

oh wait?
    Yeah I’m sure tuning old raids was a high priority during beta.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post

not sure anything was if im honest

Was like this the last time they "squished stats". Firelands was near impossible to solo. They went in a week later and fixed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    So 1 specific boss = entire soloing of old content is dead I have to make a thread about it instead of reporting a bug. Gotcha.
    Just because it still works for the most part doesn't mean it's fine. They state that the squish is not supposed to make us weaker, but it does. It would be a whole other thing if they said we would get weaker. Taking 3 minutes to kill a boss instead of 20 seconds is a huge difference, some under geared people might not even be able to finish them at all.

It's just such an easy thing to test out in, beta it really shouldn't be a problem on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Careful you don't get a heart attack with all that gratuitous drama.
    Apparently when things are in beta and you say stuff you get told "Give it time, don't worry". After beta hits live you get snark comments.
    Cool beans

Anyways as I said hopefully you guys aren't having too much troubles. I haven't noticed much with my routine, I haven't tried doing mythic Hellfire though. Any word on if it's still the same or is it just safer to do MoP and older raiders until we hit 120?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    This was always an issue with scaling. I would better have a current content fixed than some silly scalling issues which has been a problem EVERY number nerf
    I really hope that's just them fucking up the wording, because that's dumb as fuck. You mean to tell me we'll have to wait until the expansion after BfA to have Legacy Loot mode in Legion content? That's just plain dumb.

They've always defined "legacy" as content that is one expansion behind us. Adding a +1 level to consider it Legacy is too dumb for words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Doing some mechanics and having spend more time on a boss does not make it unsoloable. Some bosses may be now, but just some

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    They're ruined! FOREVER! They will never be patched. Ever. This game is shit. I hate that everything isn't perfect immediately because it inconveniences me.

wait
    The rest of the week your meals will taste like ass.

When stuff like this is called months before it happens but they ignore it and you still wanna act like its just people crying.

- - - Updated - - -

There is only 1 thing on the high priority list.
    MAKE MONEY$€!

Quote Originally Posted by Macnessa View Post
    Hope you guys don't enjoy soloing old raids because they forgot to scale those
    OH NO, something isn't absolutely tuned at the first day of pre-patch! CALL THE COPS!

They have gamebreaking issues and crashes to deal with, this is very, very far down the priority list. Get a fucking grip.

That said, you're also exaggerating the issues like a madman.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-07-18 at 03:41 PM.

not sure anything was if im honest
    Having played the Beta quite a bit and watched the progress over the last few months, I would say the priority was getting the actual new content as good as possible. Come on, really? You think that the fact that they didn’t bother with legacy raid content scaling for day 1 of the prepatch is evidence they haven’t done anything at all? That’s silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post

When stuff like this is called months before it happens but they ignore it and you still wanna act like its just people crying.

- - - Updated - - -

MAKE MONEY$€!
    Yes, making money is a priority. They do that by releasing good, playable NEW content, not focusing on tuning old stuff. The scaling will be fixed. It just might take longer than 48 hours. Really not that big of an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Apparently when things are in beta and you say stuff you get told "Give it time, don't worry". After beta hits live you get snark comments.
    Cool beans

Anyways as I said hopefully you guys aren't having too much troubles. I haven't noticed much with my routine, I haven't tried doing mythic Hellfire though. Any word on if it's still the same or is it just safer to do MoP and older raiders until we hit 120?
    No, the snark comes when you pretend that not being able to solo old content 24 hours after the patch is a big problem.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, it takes more than 1 second to kill an old boss, wow is dying blah blah blah. Do you nerds have lives outside of this game and this forum, or is your incessant bitching all you're good for?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Not sure what the people saying Lich King takes 5-10 mins are smoking, I just ran Dragon Soul on two characters and bosses die in a few hits even on not super-geared alts so I assume lower level content dies even faster. Drama queens gonna drama.

Deleted
    Activision brown nosers with their heads firmly in the sand as per usual

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post

- - - Updated - - -

MAKE MONEY$€!
    My meals taste pretty fantastic thanks!

Also how do you know what ass tastes like?

Having played the Beta quite a bit and watched the progress over the last few months, I would say the priority was getting the actual new content as good as possible. Come on, really? You think that the fact that they didn’t bother with legacy raid content scaling for day 1 of the prepatch is evidence they haven’t done anything at all? That’s silly.
    no the fact that 6 months of feedback achieved literally nothing for my class is the evidence.

or the fact that dungeons were more bugged by the end of beta than when I started.

no the fact that 6 months of feedback achieved literally nothing for my class is the evidence.

or the fact that dungeons were more bugged by the end of beta than when I started.
    6 months of feedback means nothing unless it’s actually good feedback. I’ve seen a lot of posts made on the forums that have gotten detailed responses from Blizzard devs and sometimes changes are made and sometimes they aren’t. Not acting on every suggestion from testers is not evidence that they aren’t doing anything. Sometimes ideas players have just aren’t compatible with what they want to do with a class.

Bugs are bugs. The build currently deployed for player testing is always behind their internal builds, and bugs are part of the beta process. They fix bugs, new bugs pop up. They probably even save some bug fixes to deal with at the very end. Beta testing is gonna be buggy. If the dungeons are still bugged at launch, then it’s a problem.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Is this another one of those threads where someone makes an exaggeration and no one actually tests it?
    Naw, this is the Game Forum Three-Step:

Step 1. Someone makes a bold angry assertion.

Step 2. Multiple people show up to refute the assertion as just plain factually incorrect.

The third step can be either of two things, depending on the taste of the OP:

Step 3, version 1: The OP disappears from the thread, but reappears in a new one not long thereafter making the exact same claim.
    Step 3, version 2: The OP doubles down and finds ways to dismiss all the actual evidence.

We've got version 2 here.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the snark comes when you pretend that not being able to solo old content 24 hours after the patch is a big problem.
    Guess I'm just different since they aren't a small indie company and have been provided feedback by the community for a long time that was ignored. I think they could have done a much better job and I'm not willing to blindly defend them. That's all, I'll happily defend their actions when justified but this could have AND should have been handled better.

However as I said, I half expected this which is why I am not complaining on the official forums and this doesn't inconvenient me as I'm enjoying trying new rotations and such.

6 months of feedback means nothing unless it’s actually good feedback. I’ve seen a lot of posts made on the forums that have gotten detailed responses from Blizzard devs and sometimes changes are made and sometimes they aren’t. Not acting on every suggestion from testers is not evidence that they aren’t doing anything. Sometimes ideas players have just aren’t compatible with what they want to do with a class.

Bugs are bugs. The build currently deployed for player testing is always behind their internal builds, and bugs are part of the beta process. They fix bugs, new bugs pop up. They probably even save some bug fixes to deal with at the very end. Beta testing is gonna be buggy. If the dungeons are still bugged at launch, then it’s a problem.
    the class being in the toilet gameplay wise would disagree with that statement.

and there have been A LOT of great feedback, they just dont give a fuck.

Maybe... just maybe... the focus was on the new classes and systems, instead re-balancing post-squish to protect how a tiny group like to solo old raids.

Or maybe given how many people have reported it's just fine for them, the OP is just bad?