Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    Why lock DX11 users in windowed then?
    Because DX11 is about to lose all support, so instead of pushing this onto people RIGHT AT THE START OF BFA they decided to do it now to tune it correctly and possibly fix bugs that are required.

DX12 is what they need to change to, not their fault that its losing all support. Everyone here would be quick enough to complain if it became riddled with bugs and when people say "omg why can't blizzard fix this omg" for them to inform you it's not supported anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Fullscreen mode forces to dock wow down if you want to do something on another screen. Fullscreen window allows you real multitasking
    I must be the exception. I rarely play wow and need to do 20 other things at the same time. In fact, if I have that much to do, I don't play wow. I'm still curious what this "real' multitasking is that can only be performed with Windowed mode that wasn't real multitasking in Full screen.

Overall I wouldn't care as much that it breaks the way Alt Tab worked (I actually like the dock down) if I actually gained something from it. Right now I don't see any fps gains\performance gaines, if anything I might be at a loss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Might want to fix the bug instead of relying on workarounds... I have gsync monitor, and it stays at 165hz whatever the fullscreen setup.
    My monitor isn't a gsync monitor, it's just a 144hz model. It's not my monitor refresh rate that's changing, I tested that last night and it remains at 144hz. It was WoW resetting the refresh rate.

Unless I am missing something, I can't even find the refresh setting any more. I assume it's been removed along with Fullscreen.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Same here. Why dx12 no longer support fullscreen? Why removing choices? It doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    No, I'm in windowed fullscreen. But whenever I minimize WoW, which is often, it becomes obvious I'm playing windowed.
    If you minimize it often, isn't windowed mode better then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    30-40FPS on average? With modern hardware (last 5 years) you do not lose a single Frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noATnPRC8Vo

I am running a 8700k and 1080 SLI and in DX 11 I average about 44 fps in dalaran (4k ultra) . In DX12 i am over 100fps. Previously DX11 was over 100 as well. Something is not right, either on the driver end or the game end in DX11.

I have seen frame drops in other games as well over the years, not as dramatic, but I have personally seen better FPS in full screen in several titles.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    We don't. Wow's icon on the task bar flashes when certain events occur (readycheck, being in combat, queue popping etc). But in general, more screens is obviously better
    You might not, but I can't even count the amount of times I've heard the excuse "sorry I was tabbed out".
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Yea, that isn't true.
    Yeah, it is. Has been an issue since the last Creators Update. Gxsync so t engage unless you force kill the window manager. Known issue, still isnt fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Are your drivers up to date? 980ti supports it and the option is there on my 1060
    Yeah updated them last Sunday.

Edit:Here are my settings. https://imgur.com/a/fDIBFMH
    Last edited by Alvarado; 2018-07-19 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    Yeah updated them last Sunday.

Edit:Here are my settings. https://imgur.com/a/fDIBFMH
    That weird, I'd report that

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Then they should start by finally updating their system so that it doesn't run on a 20 year old engine, that would be truly moving forward the game. World of Tanks has moved from Big Worlds Engine to the enCore engine, Blizz is just too lazy/greedy to scrap it.
    or maybe you should get a video card that isn't a potato and actually supports DX12

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    or maybe you should get a video card that isn't a potato and actually supports DX12
    Uhh, if your graphics card supports DX11, it supports DX12.

Quote Originally Posted by mike39911 View Post
    Wait what? who plays WoW in Fullscreen while using 3 monitor?

It looks like you had never issues with youtube or any other video source while playing wow. It's disgusting to tab out in Fullscreen mode.
    this , even with one single monitor , alt tabbing in and out is annoying , I'll take that 5 fps loss every day for a smooth alt tab

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Yeah, it is. Has been an issue since the last Creators Update. Gxsync so t engage unless you force kill the window manager. Known issue, still isnt fixed.
    Windowed mode does not break GSync.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Exactly this. Can you even use your other screen if wow is in fullscreen mode? or do you have to tab out? Moving my cursor to my other screens is kind of the point of multiple screens. People....

Same here, I usually have my browser open on one of the side screens, and any chats/music open on the other. I've been on windowed (full) for years already...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played wow always in windowed fullscreen mode. It's more disturbing that my fps went down to 14 - 20 since patch. I've tried everything to get back to normal fps, but all suggestions doesn't work.

AMD 8350
    980GTX
    24GB RAM
    SSD Drives

On taskmanager, the GPU usage is locked at ~25%
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Windowed mode does not break GSync.
    Continuing to repeat a falsehood does not make it less of a falsehood.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fullscreen+wind...e+breaks+gsync

Oh look, whole pages of issues.

Theres a thread going on on the official forums RIGHT NOW about it. Its been broken since LAST FALL, and the only way around it is to write a script that shuts the window manager down forcefully, so that on restart, the nVidia driver can take control.

Its certainly broken on my rig, and the only way to fix it is the kludgy workaround script. Every time you want to launch ANY of Blizzard’s games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Continuing to repeat a falsehood does not make it less of a falsehood.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fullscreen+wind...e+breaks+gsync

Oh look, whole pages of issues.

Theres a thread going on on the official forums RIGHT NOW about it. Its been broken since LAST FALL, and the only way around it is to write a script that shuts the window manager down forcefully, so that on restart, the nVidia driver can take control.

Its certainly broken on my rig, and the only way to fix it is the kludgy workaround script. Every time you want to launch ANY of Blizzard’s games.
    Being a dick also doesn't make it true for most people.

I've run windowed for ages and never once had an issue with GSync.

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    My monitor isn't a gsync monitor, it's just a 144hz model. It's not my monitor refresh rate that's changing, I tested that last night and it remains at 144hz. It was WoW resetting the refresh rate.

Unless I am missing something, I can't even find the refresh setting any more. I assume it's been removed along with Fullscreen.
    I have the same deal. I had to turn off v-sync in the game, because with it on, it was pushing it down to 60Hz and causing a smear. You only get the refresh rate option when running true full screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    HA!

If no fullscreen ruins your experience I have news for you.
    You are a special snowflake.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup