Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Two major takeaways:

1) Ion owns another shirt

2) Blizzard has just about crushed Lore's soul. He used to be so happy. He appears so broken now.
    Yes, BLIZZARD crushed his soul. Definitely not all the posters complaining about the same thing over and over again. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    Extremely disappointed by the transmog limitations. Legion will be easily farmable at some point in BfA and early raids can already be cleared by 3~4 players. Legacy loot mode should've been activated.
    What limitations and what Legacy loot mode?
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Yes, BLIZZARD crushed his soul. Definitely not all the posters complaining about the same thing over and over again. :P

- - - Updated - - -

the limitation that all loot will be set to personal loot so regardless of difficulty mode you will only ever get 1 item at most from a boss, most often nothing but gold, as to the second part, legacy loot mode is a loot option that is enabled in old content (10 levels or more behind the current level of your character) whereby when it is enabled and kill a raid or dungeon boss that boss will drop either all items on it's loot table (dungeon bosses mostly) or will drop the same number of items as if you were in a full group (raids/dungeons) thanks to group/master loot being removed (because we all know what a GREAT idea that was /s).

"[...] The heart of the Horde still beats, and there are plenty that will take up that banner for the Horde."

Story that we haven't experienced before! Oh, erm..
    At least it's not happening again to the same fac-... oh shit..

I couldn't get my gnome arcane mage tower done because of the camera clipping, might explain why some other people didn't have that problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monteiro View Post
    My dude, it can always get worse. ALWAYS.
    If the Boralus bug stays in it will be worse when August hits. But yes, we need to remember this Ion line. And make sure he remembers as well.

That the artifact appearance overrides both shield and one-hander is such a game breaking rule for me that I regret getting the mage towers for my warrior and paladin. How incredibly sneaky not to reveal that before now. I wanted a fucking flail, not the shield!

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The job at Blizzard and having to deal with the Devs making poor choices or bad roll outs and getting shit on by a huge fan base. Yes, the fans are responsible, but the actions and what he is actually allowed to say probably doesn't help. So, the job at Blizzard crushed his soul.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2018-07-19 at 10:07 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    The job at Blizzard and having to deal with the Devs making poor choices or bad roll outs and getting shit on by a huge fan base. Yes, the fans are responsible, but the actions and what he is actually allowed to say probably don't help. So, the job at Blizzard crushed his soul.
    Understand totally they cant fold on every issue
    Just get the feeling every time from these Q&A even when they know the direction
    might not be the best way they will do it anyway.

IMHO artifacts turned out to be better than a lot of people expected.
    patch after launch feels more and more like one of the biggest reset buttons since tanaan jungle
    its almost like they know what's going to happen and ready for it
    Last edited by oathy; 2018-07-19 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Understand totally they cant fold on every issue
    Just get the feeling every time from these Q&A even when they know the direction
    might not be the best way they will do it anyway.

IMHO artifacts turned out to be better than a lot of people expected.
    patch after launch feels more and more like one of the biggest reset buttons since tanaan jungle
    its almost like they know what's going to happen and ready for it
    I had only one issue with artifacts and it was the early slow progression that hindered my alts so much. That coupled with Legos to make a class play well (I don't mean perform, but play like you know it was designed to) was really frustrating. Hopefully Azerite and the new artifact won't be as bad, but I won't keep my hopes up. I wish I had more time for my alts, but just pounding away on my main for those traits was brutal in the early stage. I feel like it should have gone a little quicker early on.

Deleted
    more solo challenges, solo dungeons and solo everything... some times solo is the best

There is bloat if the team keeps adding additional talent rows.
    Best joke of the year, 10/10.

/S

Genuinely disappointed by the class changes being done in 8.1.

What I like now may not be the same then. What I like then, may not be what I have available to play. I usually took the pre-patch to get a guage of what I want to play. Now I'm just kind of in the middle.

Hope things even out soon. This feels incredibly rushed by Blizzard.

Hopefully the special little snowflakes brandishing glorious neckbeards are feeling sufficiently pandered to with those apologies.

Disgusting, I'd understand the playerbase reaction to patch days if we were constantly getting new, young players into the game, but WoW has always been and always will be sporting a mostly adult playerbase...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Ion + team really dropped the ball this time. This is the worst rollout i've ever seen. Considering how well the legion rollout was this is bad for them.
    Servers were down for what 5.5 hours longer than anticipated? This is far better than Vanilla when we'd lose servers for a days or even a week. One should always assume worst case on patch days or releases and not be an entitled shit when they don't get to play a game.....I mean fuck go outside, spend some time with the kids or significant other, watch a TV show. If you literally have none of that then maybe it's time to go out in the world and make a friend.

Deleted
    This wasn't the smoothest launch. It wasn't the experience they wanted to deliver or that players deserve.
    Oh, I thought that was what they were going for.

Fucking apologetic PR talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Best joke of the year, 10/10.

/S
    Honestly. The idea that it just isn't possible for a class design team in an mmo to keep turning out interesting class spells every 2+ years is ridiculous at best.

There was nothing wrong with the pre-cata talent system, they just needed to actually invest the resources into properly developing talent trees for all the classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The downtime really isn't that big of a deal, and I think the majority of folks understand that. What is a big deal is the degree to which the game is broken right now that is unacceptable. The PTR and Beta systems are in place to stop these egregious errors from happening. Folks, they have had 14+ years to learn from their mistakes, and if you think that they didn't really know how broken Patch 8.0 was when they implemented it, then you are very naive. I don't enjoy the game enough anymore to put up with the constant disruptive changes the developers are making(even when they go correctly), and as such I no longer have the desire to see things through the difficult times just to continue to hope for the best like I always do. I struggled to stay interested when the class I played was continually gutted and re-gutted, and here it is getting gutted all over again not even 1 year later. I have no doubt it will be re-gutted again 6 months from now. It's not even remotely fun to play my main character anymore, and the changes that have been made that are clearly designed to force me to play longer hours, and to spend more money just to do the things I could have done faster a few weeks ago, continue to rub me the wrong way.

I respect the folks who are satisfied with the game as it is, and I will always continue to encourage people who have the ability to enjoy the game, to do just that. During Legion I quit for over a year because I simply refused to financially support the developers. When providing feedback fails, what else can I do but refuse to support the game? Recently I have been playing for the last month, with the intention of playing in Battle for Azeroth, but I can already see that I am heading for further frustration and disappointment. I refunded Battle for Azeroth the other day, and now I can only hope that at some point a new development team will replace the current existing one, and do things better. The one thing about the Classic servers is that you know exactly what you are signing up for, and exactly what you are getting. With the live game, you have no idea what the developers will decide they want to do from one day to the next.

I really try my best just to focus on what I enjoy in game, and I try to avoid negativity, but when every facet of the game is considered fair game to the developers, I simply cannot bury my head in the sand deep enough. It's not worth the bellyaching anymore.

Deleted
    Who else loves Rich Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Hopefully the special little snowflakes brandishing glorious neckbeards are feeling sufficiently pandered to with those apologies.

Disgusting, I'd understand the playerbase reaction to patch days if we were constantly getting new, young players into the game, but WoW has always been and always will be sporting a mostly adult playerbase...
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well duh, standard trade rules apply, leather to leather, plate to plate. In no way was anyone thinking "well damn, i need to trade my dk gear to the priest"
    But you can't trade them, that's the point. There is no more gear tokens. It's just specific to class armor type and drops off different bosses. So the quoted post was saying "Oh we got 3 shoulder items for conq" Well that's simply no longer the case because the armor type azerite pieces are not all on the same boss. It's literally 1 azerite piece for cloth, leather, mail, and plate with different azerite armor slots like helm, shoulders. The chances of getting repeats are still there but much slimmer than the token method.