Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apdarooki View Post
    Is all the azerite Amor already released we will achieve in BfA? This question is serious.

since if they are only first raid azerite amors yet, then i dont know why ppl dont compare them to Emerald nightmare set bonuses - guess you get my point

if everything we will achieve the expansion than i do agree some / all classes could enjoy some more interesting effects
    Thing is: all the dungeon drops and their traits are already finished. This leads me to believe, that there won't be that much additional traits coming, as they could only implement them via raid drops, but that would make M+ the 2nd rate content, that drops the gear with the (then) outdated "old" traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    Thing is: all the dungeon drops and their traits are already finished. This leads me to believe, that there won't be that much additional traits coming, as they could only implement them via raid drops, but that would make M+ the 2nd rate content, that drops the gear with the (then) outdated "old" traits.
    Not exactly true. They can change the traits on the M+ azerite pieces during any patch they want to(while leaving old ones the same), especially since they can't be farmed and only come from your weekly chest.

So nah, thing is: your point is factually flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Legion classes were also fine to me without legendarys or tier sets some people will prefer some bonuses some won’t.
    So you don't do any pve content at all? Or is it just limited to lfr? Because legion specs were tuned heavily around legendaries and artifact weapons, and for you to say you don't care about tuning implies, to me at least, that you don't care about performance as long as you have your shiny "core" abilities to press at your leisure.

Ion sounds like a used car dealer trying to sell a polished turd when it comes to this system. I HOPE the system has some surprises as the expansion progresses but right now.. a turd..

I'd wager he does understand it. Players simply put their personal feels into the mix.

I'm not hinging my enjoyment of BfA on the Azerite system, nor did I hinge it upon Artifact weapons. Artifacts got boring eventually once the glow perished. If Azerite armor feels boring from the start, meh. I enjoyed this game for 9+ years without these kinds of systems anyway.

Ion said the aerite system will have more depth at the end-game. None of us has seen the end game of BfA yet.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Gains View Post
    So you don't do any pve content at all? Or is it just limited to lfr? Because legion specs were tuned heavily around legendaries and artifact weapons, and for you to say you don't care about tuning implies, to me at least, that you don't care about performance as long as you have your shiny "core" abilities to press at your leisure.
    I do pretty much all pve content outside of lfr though i skipped most of it in legion. and i don't care about tuning i care about enjoying the gameplay and clearing content, i wouldn't give up enjoying the gameplay to clear though which is why i don't rerole for flavor of the month classes. so if it comes down to performance or a fun core ill go with the fun core every time.

can't wait for new traits making classes play like shit to be "optimal".
    imagine being a fury warrior and having to skill furious slash because "random trait X" makes it the best talent in that row.

or even better: "being forced" to use a specc you absolutely hate because it sims 5% higher. Oh wait, people already do that...

I do pretty much all pve content outside of lfr though i skipped most of it in legion. and i don't care about tuning i care about enjoying the gameplay and clearing content, i wouldn't give up enjoying the gameplay to clear though which is why i don't rerole for flavor of the month classes. so if it comes down to performance or a fun core ill go with the fun core every time.
    I can understand that. It seems to me that you don't really comprehend just how impactful legendaries and artifact weapons were for raiders, tho. Artifact weapons and their talents made a lot of specs feel whole d legendaries bridged the huge dps gaps several specs had without bis pieces. Losing both of those and getting an obviously lackluster azerite system instead has a lot of people skeptical, as well it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Dont be fooled by ion. He was just a wow player who got lucky and somehow made it to lead design. Undeserving might I add
    he probably should have just stayed and shitposted on the forums. never get enough of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Thats is just a lie. Thats is jut how you want to perceive things. They changed a BUNCH of shit because of feedback, as they always do. Survival hunter, the legendary system, the artifact knowledge, they changed a lot of things on beta. They listen to feedback, it's foolish to think they don't.
    its just easier to be a pessimistic asshat these days. even when we get good things they focus on the negative. must be fun to hang out with.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Leveling & dungeon traits are mainly passive. Mythic Dungeon, M+ cache, and raid gear have more impactful traits. Mythic raid gear has the most impactful.
    mythic dungeon traits are identical to heroic dungeon traits, outside of ilvl scaling

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Gains View Post
    I can understand that. It seems to me that you don't really comprehend just how impactful legendaries and artifact weapons were for raiders, tho. Artifact weapons and their talents made a lot of specs feel whole d legendaries bridged the huge dps gaps several specs had without bis pieces. Losing both of those and getting an obviously lackluster azerite system instead has a lot of people skeptical, as well it should.
    alot of the classes felt fine to me without the artifacts which is why is why i did alot of lower level pvp with friends.

as to the legendarys, having huge dps gaps between items based on rng is a pretty moronic way to do things and having to play a playstyle you don't enjoy to do competitive dps is always awful. a lack luster bonus as a replacement for a obnoxious bonus seems like a upgrade to me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Said over in the Q&A thread.
    what I took from today they already know what's coming and expecting a patch after release tanaan jungle style.
    already saying some classes will be sorted after launch. thats never a good sign.
    the feedback on BFA beta has been pretty awful, If they havent learned the lessons from WOD beta feedback
    he really needs to consider his position.

He might prove many of us wrong and BFA and the new system will be fine
    Still feel He and the team dont grasp how various classes are now playing without the artifact traits.
    My destruct lock just feels so basic and missing something. the dimensional rifts really made a difference

alot of the classes felt fine to me without the artifacts which is why is why i did alot of lower level pvp with friends.

as to the legendarys, having huge dps gaps between items based on rng is a pretty moronic way to do things and having to play a playstyle you don't enjoy to do competitive dps is always awful. a lack luster bonus as a replacement for a obnoxious bonus seems like a upgrade to me.
    I agree it's a terrible system. I disagree that a lackluster system is better, though, unless classes are balanced better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Its called PR talk. Hes hyping up the system. Thing is, he is doing himself a disservice as well by stretching the truth.
    It's pretty much this. Prior to being hired as a developer Ion was a lawyer and he uses a lot technicalities when he's hyping up content that's actually a hot load of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Not quite true, they can change the traits if they want to. Also new Azerite armor in M+ would just join the pool of pieces you get from the end of week chest.

The system does need work right now, but so did legendaries early in Legion (very much so) yet people are here, clamoring for them almost. New systems always go through a rough pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who want to be optimal will always use what’s optimal that’s nothing new, the bonuses made you optimal but that doesn’t make them core to the class.
    this isn't 'optimal' this is what literally happened, and in this scenario i'm the paladin and my rl friend was the dk, he was selling boosts for mythic + tanking and got more gold than me (i started playing in vanilla, he got his own account after legion launch) only because I prefer to play a paladin and he plays a dk, how many paladins were able to tank mythic+ ? u can check from all mythic+ run dungeons, if u find any non dk tank in entire competition of around 36 teams, i saw at least 10, and none of the teams used any tank beside blood dk (and most used a healadin, something i did change to later, but left game anyway, ironic that i was going to tank and he wanted to dps)
    this wasn't 'optimal', this turned to be 'only' option, unless u have 5rl friends who want to play sub-optimal and waste more time for same - if not worse - rewards only then u can play a paladin, and in that case will u actually like to play a paladin when u know u not just f8cking ur own time with playing less-than-optimal, but also f8cking 4 other rl friends ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    This is factually incorrect.

I know you're going to claim its my opinion or something. But it is literally factually incorrect.

Many specs had literal design fixes in Legendaries. Others had things that were literally REMOVED in Legion and then given back.

Instead of fixing Havoc DHs insanely bad Fury generation let's just give them a mandatory Legendary they must farm if they want good gameplay.
    ya that's not how facts work. your core class is what you have as a base outside of bonuses from your gear as you won't always have those pieces of gear but you will have your core kit. it doesn't matter if a legendary makes your class smoother to play that legendary is not part of your core.

the artifact muddy's the waters between the two a bit but i would say they are still core to your class as they are always part of your class and its progress past 110.

Have we seen what the azerite traits are on raid gear yet? I mean we're pretty much just looking at generic dungeon & quest shit right? Who's to say the raid pieces won't have more interesting traits? If not, they can always add more interesting ones further down the line, it's not like it'd be hard for them to add more to the table with future tiers.

Yeah, totally impossible for them to update M+ traits.